Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

That is the first time in years my gen F150 hasn't been on that list. It is finally old enough :lol:

Today my dad saw a son of 9745...bad mothers bus driver fighting in a 2-lane,two way road with another...huge cabra bus driver, which proceded to ram a family of 3 in a motorbike. A 9-yo, a 13-yo and their dad. The girl died on the spot, the boy and the father in the hospital :(

Am I the only one thats disappointed with Honda's current line-up?

Nope, I am as well. I do kind of like that they're offering the CR-Z eco-thing with a proper transmission, but otherwise the lineup is pretty bland.

The Civic SI is also nice. But no S2000 anymore :cry:

Am I the only one thats disappointed with Honda's current line-up?

No, you're not. I had to suffer through a 20 minute car journey where my friend who had just test-driven a new Civic went on at length about how its lost everything that once made it cool and is nothing like Civic's used to and should be, then proceeded to tell me everything that was wrong with the rest of the range. I couldn't get a word in the whole time. I agree, by the way.

Too many car companies are going downhill.

Actually too many any sort of company that produces something for people to buy are going downhill. Miserable little trend it is :(

Its annoying as someone who used to like Hondas because everything they make at the moment is just so underwhelming, generic and crap. The Civic was mind-numbingly boring, the new Jazz looks crap next to the original, the City is a POS, don't start me on the CRV, and the Accord has become more bloated, ugly and not sporting to drive. The UK-imported CTR is overrated, expensive and looks horrid in person, whilst the 5-dr hatchback is priced out of this world.

Which is why if I was going to buy a Honda I'd get a DC2 Integra Type-R. Or an EP3 Civic Type-R.

Last edited:
Think how toyota fans must feel, Hondas are just bland, toyotas are bland and dangerous! :lol:
Seriously though, even the companies less/not generic and crappy cars have 10 that are bad for every good one. :|
It's really depressing, and with the lovely trend of building everything as a dispose in 3 or so years due to technology upgrades, if my car died beyond repair today I would seriously consider buying something really old to avoid the computer bullshit. Sorry but it's one thing to have your laptop malfunction, but if your car computer crap does you can die. I'd prefer a car where everything makes loud clunk noise when it is moved instead thanks.

Speaking of Honda, everytime I see a Honda Crosstour I'm overwhelmed by a sick feeling. Luckily I've only seen a handful so at least the vast majority of people have taste enough to not buy it. The few that do though...god help them. They aren't still making it are they?

Civic Si is pretty sweet. US accord is a great family car - comfy and plenty quick. Fit is nice too. I do want the s2000 back though :(

On an unrelated note: better?buy:?02?wrx?with?116k?for?5900 or 02 wrx with 207k for 4200 (and spend the 1700 difference to overhaul it, maybe rebuild the engine)? Plan to keep it stock and just reliable.

(no im not really in the market at the moment. Just doing some research)

Last edited:
Speaking of Honda, everytime I see a Honda Crosstour I'm overwhelmed by a sick feeling. Luckily I've only seen a handful so at least the vast majority of people have taste enough to not buy it. The few that do though...god help them. They aren't still making it are they?

I didn't know what that was. I googled it and became unhappy. I thankfully don't think I have seen one in person.

I see Ford has just announced the 5.0 crate engine will be available soon. I wonder how hard it would be to put in my Mustang....

Who on earth thought the steering wheel on a 458 Italia would be a good idea?

I'd love to see Honda make another S roadster.