Random Thoughts... [Entertainment Edition]

Just get someone to gift you the Steam game and paypal them the monies, it's what I do :p

I did the same thing in bad company 2 today :cool:

I got Shogun 2 last week-ish and I can't stop playing it. Damn you Creative Assembly! Why are your games so addicting! I don't like many strategy games, but the total war series is just so so so very good.

I got Shogun 2 last week-ish and I can't stop playing it. Damn you Creative Assembly! Why are your games so addicting! I don't like many strategy games, but the total war series is just so so so very good.

Is the campaign ai better than empires?

I liked empire but it was just so buggy :/

Eh, I don't know. It's so long since I've played Empire. I dunno, I think they're more aggressive and militaristic though. Having people nowhere near you declare war and then suddenly start sending giant armies on ships bound to your home territory isn't the easiest thing to deal with. Although they do stuff like that and leave their own territories empty and then another AI steamrolls them. The AI's still easy to outsmart though and they can't really cope with castle defence. Like if they put their archers along one wall and you come from the other direction they don't bother to move their archers and you can just shoot them in the back.

One big plus over Empire, it's a lot harder to kill your own men. :lol:

edit: Did anyone else watch the South Park season finale? wtf? It looked like it was going to be funny and then it turned into a bummer. Drama, in my South Park? It's more likely than you think.

Last edited:
Attention lovers of Ukanian comedy:

there's going to be an Inbetweeners movie.

Eh, I don't know. It's so long since I've played Empire. I dunno, I think they're more aggressive and militaristic though. Having people nowhere near you declare war and then suddenly start sending giant armies on ships bound to your home territory isn't the easiest thing to deal with. Although they do stuff like that and leave their own territories empty and then another AI steamrolls them. The AI's still easy to outsmart though and they can't really cope with castle defence. Like if they put their archers along one wall and you come from the other direction they don't bother to move their archers and you can just shoot them in the back.

One big plus over Empire, it's a lot harder to kill your own men. :lol:

edit: Did anyone else watch the South Park season finale? wtf? It looked like it was going to be funny and then it turned into a bummer. Drama, in my South Park? It's more likely than you think.

Empires AI had a lot of problems, they'd declare war on you for the sake of moving 2 horses through your territory, they didn't attack with proper armies, alliances were worthless, naval invasions were rare etc.

for those that were interested in the now cancelled Wonder Woman pilot, this popped up online today.
[video=youtube;s-6Au8TWEag]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-6Au8TWEag&feature=player_embedded[/video]

I'm disappointed in my love of "feel good" reality shows. There's one here called Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution, where he goes into a town and makes things over to be healthy. Anyway, It's canceled already but ABC's showing the last few episodes of season 2 now. (Guess us collective fatasses didn't like seeing the truth, go figure...) I decide to catch up on Season 1, where he goes to Huntingdon West Virginia. There he opens a kitchen downtown that people can learn to eat healthy at, along with totally redoing the school lunch program (which like 90% of American school's is just plain ass backwards in terms of healthyness, even though it "meets federal guidelines"). The governor of the state was very impressed and wanted to roll measures like this state wide...things looked good, after a bit Huntingdon really accepted Jamie and grew to love him...anyways...

Out of curiosity, I google the elementary school and visit their website, checking out the lunch menu. I was disheartened to find they reverted back to their shitty frozen, chemical filled, cheap as chips fattening food and flavored milks which apparently have more sugar than a soda! Go to the high school site, which was another school that adopted jamie's program to much success, and even with student ambassadors on his side, reverted to the old ways. So disappointing.

This current season, he hasn't been able to have access to the food service department of the los angeles school district, only using a loophole by going through a charter school to teach a culinary class to do much of anything, but he managed to convince a fast food place to go healthy. The guy who owned the place says he'll keep with it, but after seeing what happened in season one, i have my doubts.

Combine this sort of thing with all those "home makeover" people ending up having to sell or lose their new homes due to not being able to pay the high utility costs, property tax increases, and a mortgage and yeah...color me disappointed in the "real" outcome of most of these "lifechanging" reality shows.

Last edited:
I'm disappointed in my love of "feel good" reality shows. There's one here called Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution, where he goes into a town and makes things over to be healthy. Anyway, It's canceled already but ABC's showing the last few episodes of season 2 now. (Guess us collective fatasses didn't like seeing the truth, go figure...) I decide to catch up on Season 1, where he goes to Huntingdon West Virginia. There he opens a kitchen downtown that people can learn to eat healthy at, along with totally redoing the school lunch program (which like 90% of American school's is just plain ass backwards in terms of healthyness, even though it "meets federal guidelines"). The governor of the state was very impressed and wanted to roll measures like this state wide...things looked good, after a bit Huntingdon really accepted Jamie and grew to love him...anyways...

Out of curiosity, I google the elementary school and visit their website, checking out the lunch menu. I was disheartened to find they reverted back to their shitty frozen, chemical filled, cheap as chips fattening food and flavored milks which apparently have more sugar than a soda! Go to the high school site, which was another school that adopted jamie's program to much success, and even with student ambassadors on his side, reverted to the old ways. So disappointing.

This current season, he hasn't been able to have access to the food service department of the los angeles school district, only using a loophole by going through a charter school to teach a culinary class to do much of anything, but he managed to convince a fast food place to go healthy. The guy who owned the place says he'll keep with it, but after seeing what happened in season one, i have my doubts.

Combine this sort of thing with all those "home makeover" people ending up having to sell or lose their new homes due to not being able to pay the high utility costs, property tax increases, and a mortgage and yeah...color me disappointed in the "real" outcome of most of these "lifechanging" reality shows.

Dude.....stop watching that stuff, honestly, it's crap, it's worse then crap, and I don't mean that as a metafore, I would honestly enyoy watching a bowl of crap for 50 minutes more than watching that fake tearjerking bullshit.
No wonder you get depressed....few episodes of that would have me playing chicken with freighttrains.

I actually got a STEAM account since I may be actually having a job so I can buy video games for my computer!

There's some stuff that has interested me on there like Killing Floor, Magicka, Amnesia, and so forth. And everyone kept yelling at me to get an account (just like the whole Skype bit, haha).

Also, I started watching some of the Rhett and Link videos and some of them I have to say are rather entertaining. It makes me wonder how their new show coming out at the end of the month on IFC will be.

It started out funny and ended on a downbeat note, and the following day it was interesting reading people's reactions. There were a few things I laughed at (the britches-obsessed redneck farmers and the movie trailers), but the ending made me wonder what direction (continuity-wise) the show will take this autumn.

Dude.....stop watching that stuff, honestly, it's crap, it's worse then crap, and I don't mean that as a metafore, I would honestly enyoy watching a bowl of crap for 50 minutes more than watching that fake tearjerking bullshit.
No wonder you get depressed....few episodes of that would have me playing chicken with freighttrains.

Maybe he has a fetish for terrible TV as well?

Pretty much my only requirement for deciding to watch a show is that it has to meet my explosion/car chase/gun fight/knife fight/fist fight/fight fight quota. (with a few exceptions) that does a pretty good job of filtering out the reality garbage.

Except, of course, the original reality show: COPS.