Random Thoughts....

Grrr. My internet crapped out on me. I have 3 neighbors with unpassworded wifi and 2 of them are down too. I'm only just barely online now. Plus it's really slow. At this rate I may never see Top Gear.

Does not account for the 6 minutes now does it?

Your post was 45 minutes after his. His post was 9 minutes after 3am.

What type of mechanism controls the pitch? Also, what model?
My turntables are Technics SL1200 M3Ds. The pitch is controlled by a pitch slider, which is essentially a potentiometer.

Assuming direct drive and not belt drive? If they're belt drive, replacing the belts (with actual proper model specific belts, not the one size fits a bunch things) usually fixes that.
They're direct drive. These things are good for DJing and scratching up records. Even though if they've been originally conceived as ordinary hi-fi record players. lol

For all you hard-copy book lovers out there, I agree that staring at a computer screen reading on end can be a real chore. Unfortunately for me, some books, at least some that I find interesting are never released on paper. And I know they're good books, but I can never read a book and stand at a desk for some reason. I'd always be lounging if I'm reading a book. So even a laptop would be out of the question, but these books I got which can only be had in digital format are too good. So, in response to that, I may soon get an e-reader. But until they can make a screen which will not tire your eyes for looking at it for too long, I'll hold onto my money.

That being said, for those of us that do have e-readers or have looked into it, which can you recommend for me? I'd like a screen technology that most closely resembles print. Don't care if it's only black and white, I read for content, not pictures, but if it does colors too, it's a plus.

Last edited:
My two-year-old niece has learned to swear. It probably doesn't help when her dad shouts constantly at the TV whenever the Badgers or his Dolphins are on. Or when her grandpa complains that "it's too fucking noisy." Or when her aunt is watching NCIS and accidentally hits the guide button on her remote during a vital scene, followed by an "oh, shit!" Or when her grandma calls Brett Favre "a no good stinking son of a bitch."

I pity my sister once her youngest child begins to talk.

NONE of my posts are posting. NONE. GRR.

ETA: whoa! this one finally got through!

We're waaay over our internet usage curve for the month at the moment. We've ripped through 38430mb (out of the 60gb) and it's only the 30th November with another 17 days to go...

Probably gonna have to hold off on getting Top Gear until we can get back behind the average.

Ok, so this mate from high school sends me this pics from his party that i ?could not assist? if you catch my drift, but they were not family pics, it was shotacon.

If you don't know what shotacon is you are very lucky. Trust me, you don't want to know my first 2 thoughts were.

1. OMG!! EWWWWW
2. c'mon, not even Austere could fap to this. Speaking of Austere, where the hell is he

Last edited:
Err, nothing from my laptop posts. Maybe I need a "posted from my iPhone" signature?

Because I am unemployed, half of the time that I spent working is now "free", and since I can't fiddle around with the Miata anymore I've started to play video games again.

Working from my previous save, I just finished every quest in Oblivion (according to UESP.net) in the main game and the mages-type house plugin [nerd]level 42 khajiti spellsword with katanas![/nerd].

So my question is: Are Shivering Isles and Fallout 3 worth the money? Both look fairly appealing. Anybody played them?

What's it like to play? Are the controls similar to the Oblivion setup in terms of movement/etc?

Pretty much. Oblivion with guns is the classic description. The levelling works different though, you get XP for killing things/doing stuff and upon levelling you upgrade your skills and choose a perk. Some perks can be chosen multiple times, like ones that give you free skill points, and the only way to upgrade your attributes (other than finding +1 attribute trophies) is to take the pertinent perk when you level (edit: to clarify that, there's one perk that you can take up to 10 times that lets you put +1 to any attribute). Very similar game mechanics, rather different (more traditional) levelling system.

And Shivering Isles is worthwhile too. I never finished all the small quests, but the main quest and all the Sheogorath-fuelled insanity is just pure awesome.

Last edited:
I'm feeling very volatile right now. If anyone annoys me tomorrow, I'm going to blow!

Is it just me, or has this board been unusually quiet for being in the middle of a Top Gear run? I'm bored. Where's the drama?

I guess I can poke Topgearfanatic and see if he'll explode.

<poke poke poke>

Last edited: