Random Thoughts....

A message to the woman who came within 10cm of running me over tonight. FUCK YOU! The two bright, rapidly pulsating lights on my bike does not indicate the start of a quantum tunneling zone; and my suburb != Roswell, New Mexico which means the flashing lights cannot be dismissed as the intergalactic alien probing party. Please look where the fuck you're going when pulling out of side streets! [/rage]

I red the bold and decided you deserved whatever happende next :p

;)

Zomg thanks to this cold, my voice is super bassy atm. I decided to go and record something while I had it :p

Here's the mp3. http://www.sendspace.com/file/r0p1il

I say something slightly racist but totally innocuous at the end, so if you're offended by stereotypical compliments, get yourself checked.

If you have the latest version of Firefox type, "about:robots" into the address bar.

Edit: For added Douglas Adams goodness, press the button.

That... is most excellent. :lol:

Zomg thanks to this cold, my voice is super bassy atm. I decided to go and record something while I had it :p

Here's the mp3. http://www.sendspace.com/file/r0p1il

I say something slightly racist but totally innocuous at the end, so if you're offended by stereotypical compliments, get yourself checked.

RUN FOR THE HILLS!! A zombie Barry White has risen from the grave to seduce us all and turn us into love zombies!

Right. So looking at the bright side was a complete failure. I have stayed awake lying in bed for 12 hours now. Fuck allergies. Fuck you dorphin And Fuck you whare.

Fuck

RUN FOR THE HILLS!! A zombie Barry White has risen from the grave to seduce us all and turn us into love zombies!

I will not run from anyone....we will make our way to the nearest pub and take a stand there !

shaun-of-the-dead-trio-490x326.jpg

Last edited:
My dad had to go to work urgently this evening at about 7:20 PM, and since he had had a drink or two while having the daily 5-hour chat with Mum, I had to drive him to work and back. :lol:

Some of you may remember my post from a few days ago about enjoying picking up my trumpet again but wishing it were under better circumstances. Well, yesterday the time came to perform. To say I wasn't nervous about it would he a huge understatement. It was my first time doing a real solo and I was doing it after not playing for a year and while suffering through a cold. To top it all off the base commander and several other important leaders were in attendance. That, coupled with the occasion to honor a fallen squadron member meant that I could not screw up.

Then the moment came. It was surreal standing there in complete silence and hearing it broken by the voice of my trumpet. It almost felt like I wasn't playing at first. Thankfully it went beautifully despite the moment getting to me a little halfway through. If there were any hairs that weren't already standing up on the back of my neck they certainly were when I finished and noticed a few people sobbing. It was a powerful experience. Afterwards a colonel came up and thanked me. He said that he had been to many of these memorials and having taps played live made it something special. From my perspective I'd certainly agree with him.

Rest in peace Lt. 'Smitty' Smith. You will be missed.

I red the bold and decided you deserved whatever happende next :p

Well I know that that statement isn'n meant to be serious, at least I fucking hope you aren't serious, but I still kind of take issue with it.
And this is due to the fact that there are quite a few drivers who really think like this and don't give a crap about cyclists, like in the case Cold Fussion described.

So I am a cyclist, I commuted to school by bike since I was too young to drive then and now I still commute by bike to university mainly because the parking situation there is a bloody nightmare. And I confess to have pulled of one or two of the stunts that would earn me the title of "asshole cyclis" here, but I have allways payed attention to the traffic around me and never endangered anybody on the road except for maybe myself and never had any close calls or accidents in all my my years of bicycle commute.

But if there are asshole cyclists then here are sure as hell also asshole motorists. I don't think that anybody will dissagree with me on this count but there are also motorists, who behave well in contact with other motorists but like dicks when dealing with cyclists.
I mean, only because you are on a bicycle does not mean that you forfeit all of the rights you have in traffic and any motorist can deal with them like they want to.
All the stuff like tailgating so hard that that your bumper is almost touching my rear-tire or overtaking so close that the wingmirror is only 10cm away form my handlebars and expecially not giving the right of way to a cyclist because they are the weaker road-users is just incredible crap and dangerous behaviour.

I might be a little touchy on that subject because I spent a complete month last summer being not able to walk due to torn ligaments in my right foot.and I tore those ligaments falling of my bicycle because I tried to avoid a full an crash with some retard who thought that he didn't have to give way to a guy on a bicycle.

/rant

I'm having one of those moments where I just can't sleep at night. So I'm still awake because I know if I sleep now, I'm going to wake up at around 5pm and fuck my sleep cycle over.

Ambien.

My work schedule is so out of whack...I can be at work at just about any time of day. Earlier this week, I went to work at 2:30pm and left work at about 4am. Today, I was at work at 7am..and just recently got home.

Don't use it every day, but when you need it...you need it. :)

Well I know that that statement isn'n meant to be serious, at least I fucking hope you aren't serious, but I still kind of take issue with it.
And this is due to the fact that there are quite a few drivers who really think like this and don't give a crap about cyclists, like in the case Cold Fussion described.

So I am a cyclist, I commuted to school by bike since I was too young to drive then and now I still commute by bike to university mainly because the parking situation there is a bloody nightmare. And I confess to have pulled of one or two of the stunts that would earn me the title of "asshole cyclis" here, but I have allways payed attention to the traffic around me and never endangered anybody on the road except for maybe myself and never had any close calls or accidents in all my my years of bicycle commute.

But if there are asshole cyclists then here are sure as hell also asshole motorists. I don't think that anybody will dissagree with me on this count but there are also motorists, who behave well in contact with other motorists but like dicks when dealing with cyclists.
I mean, only because you are on a bicycle does not mean that you forfeit all of the rights you have in traffic and any motorist can deal with them like they want to.
All the stuff like tailgating so hard that that your bumper is almost touching my rear-tire or overtaking so close that the wingmirror is only 10cm away form my handlebars and expecially not giving the right of way to a cyclist because they are the weaker road-users is just incredible crap and dangerous behaviour.

I might be a little touchy on that subject because I spent a complete month last summer being not able to walk due to torn ligaments in my right foot.and I tore those ligaments falling of my bicycle because I tried to avoid a full an crash with some retard who thought that he didn't have to give way to a guy on a bicycle.

/rant

Don't mind me, I'm just going to sprinkle a little bolding in there :p

I love how quickly someone's face changes when you admit you were wrong and that you're only human when that person starts gloating about them being right and you're wrong, that stupid smug look is quickly turned to a more humbled look. No one ever expects someone to admit they were wrong and I pride myself with being one of the few people in the school that does so.

Screw people. People lie. I don't lie, that makes me not people. WTF am I, I don't even. But really, fuck people who lie their way through life for whatever reason, be it to further self interest, to avoid conflict, to try to not hurt anyone's feerings, or just to be a passive aggressive fuckwit. I try to to be as honest as possible, I just can't lie to someone's face no matter how irrelevant something is. If I don't want to talk about something I'm not going to bullshit you, I just won't talk about it. Just (wo)man up and be honest you worthless little weasel.

Anywho, I'm going to get back into biking this summer. I haven't even touched bikes since seven-ish years ago when we moved here. I kind of need a new one first - my brother (btw he's the one that randomly decided he wants to get biking and won me over) wants a new bike, but he's a giant so his old bike, which is in good nick, is too big for me (and he was still growing when he got that bike!) and my old bikes are meh (a bmx - do not care about that - and a beat up small mountain bike)

I'm kind of considering maybe joining Facebook...Every guest lecturer I've had swears by it for building networks and connections.

Really, you have done extremely well to get to 19 without it :p I dunno how I would be without it. But alas I still dislike it for consuming my life. A bit like FG then.