Random Thoughts....

They call it "Wyngz" to avoid a lawsuit, since it contains no wing meat?
:lol:
That is pathetic.

Something that happened by chance when I went back to work tonight, turned out to look kinda cool.

So I was plotting periodograms, and I was sampling random gaussian noise with my flux values. I did this step 1000 times. After presenting it in the lab meeting, we decided that it would be best to overplot the other 999 values along with the mean and see how it shows up.

I took this today to be 2 different problems and hence 2 different plots. It turned out not to be. I just set the color of my overplots to be light blue (I can't see the result dynamically, I have to let the code compile, let it write the file, and then open that).

This is without the overplotting
https://pic.armedcats.net/l/lu/lurkerpatrol/2011/08/09/peri-lol1.jpg

This is with the overplotting
https://pic.armedcats.net/l/lu/lurkerpatrol/2011/08/09/peri-lol2.jpg

Purdy tehehehe

Went to take the dog for a walk and noticed a snake on my front steps, grabbed the ax and took a swing at it but it managed to move quick enough out of the way and went under the steps. Now I'm having to wait for animal control to come because my girlfriend will not leave me alone about it and most likely will not sleep do to the critters presence. Time for some xbox.

I think it might be time for a new avatar.

Shit, just looked at pictures online pretty sure it was a juvenile copperhead, told the girlfriend it was a corn snake.

What's wrong with "Things that make you go 'MMMMMMMM!' "Stig?

For whatever reason I've always liked Blondie, I seem to have a copy or two of every album from them as well (I have a matched set of the Parallel Lines picture disc vinyl). The new album is going to be released in the US next month and it's fairly good from what I've heard of it so far, but I do particularly like the song Mother. The video is a bit weird though.

A new low in frozen food.

a6cd09b4-f378-801e.jpg

a6cd09b4-f395-de12.jpg

Oh it gets worse:

digiornopizzaandcookies.jpg

:lol: Of course there then came the 'shopped parodies:

Pizza-and-Bloomin-Onions.jpg

http://www.bestweekever.tv/2011-01-26/digiornos-pizza-and-cookies-5-combinations/

Yeah, I saw those right below it. That's not nearly as bad, though - at least the cookies are, you know, not fake cookies. Apparently some pizza chain gets a lot of requests for cookies with their pizzas, so... :dunno:

I don't recall anyone wanting 'Wyngz' with their pizza, though.

Last edited:
A new low in frozen food.

a6cd09b4-f378-801e.jpg

a6cd09b4-f395-de12.jpg

Yeah, I saw those right below it. That's not nearly as bad, though - at least the cookies are, you know, not fake cookies. Apparently some pizza chain gets a lot of requests for cookies with their pizzas, so... :dunno:

I don't recall anyone wanting 'Wyngz' with their pizza, though.

I don't remember which chain it is, but you can order wings with your pizza. Might be Dominos, not sure because they closed them all down around me. :(

I don't remember which chain it is, but you can order wings with your pizza. Might be Dominos, not sure because they closed them all down around me. :(

Both Domino's and Pizza Hut/Wingstreet offer wings to go with your pizza.

Yes, but those are actual wings, not 'Wyngz.'

I mean, seriously, nobody calls up a pizza place and asks for 'wings that are not made from actual chicken wings' with their pizza.

I'm slightly surprised that 'Wyngz' actually contain any chicken.

Last edited:
Yes, but those are actual wings, not 'Wyngz.'

I mean, seriously, nobody calls up a pizza place and asks for 'wings that are not made from actual chicken wings' with their pizza.

I'm slightly surprised that 'Wyngz' actually contain any chicken.

I think they have "real" wings and the boneless type, which is really what is in the box stuff. And it could be like the meat in Taco Bell tacos, only a small portion is real meat, and you don't really want to know what the rest is.

I think they have "real" wings and the boneless type, which is really what is in the box stuff. And it could be like the meat in Taco Bell tacos, only a small portion is real meat, and you don't really want to know what the rest is.

Congrats, you bit on the BS media line
. Per Taco Bell and others' examination, 88% percent of what's in the meat is USDA beef. 3% is water, 4% is spices and the remaining 5% is flavor and texture enhancers like oats, sugar and citric acid. More info here: http://www.tacobell.com/BeefIngredientFAQs

If you make taco beef at home, chances are what you make is actually the same or less percentage beef when it's served.

Not saying the stuff is great, but it's not school-cafeteria-grade mystery meat either. In fact, it's probably a safer choice than that roach coach or taco truck on the corner...

Last edited:
. ...and in other news. ...

Mechanically recovered meat - sounds yummy.

Beef is not permitted to be mechanically recovered or separated for human food in the US, period. I understand that it's still permitted in the UK though. Guess you guys must really like that stuff.

Last edited:
Height of haute cuisine, old chap.
/edit
No, since we fezzed (other countries had it but kept schtum - nice one EU) up to BSE you can not do that here for beef either. You still see it for chicken though (a la chicken nuggets).

Last edited:
Height of haute cuisine, old chap.

What the British consider 'good British food' is f**king scary. Not to mention often inedible. :p :mrgreen:

No, since we fezzed (other countries had it but kept schtum - nice one EU) up to BSE you can not do that here for beef either. You still see it for chicken though (a la chicken nuggets).

Actually, you can still legally do beef in the UK though apparently they don't. They just can't include the spinal column. All the other parts of the cow are fair game.

http://www.food.gov.uk/multimedia/faq/93439/

Should I ever return to the UK, remind me not to eat a beefburger, mince, or meat pie just on general principles.

Though if you want to see something nasty, look in the ingredients for McDonald's Chicken McNuggets. One of the ingredients: isobutane. AKA cigarette lighter and camp stove fuel.

Yeah, I don't eat at McDonalds any more.

Last edited:
Yes but we are not all dead so makes you think. The EU countries - France I am looking at you - just buried the infected beef and did nothing about it - cost us scary amounts of dosh at the time. The euros do not think we know about it but we do.