Ringmeet 2021 - Aw Balls - making a detour! (August 12th-16th)

I should add to that, that I'd probably use what's in the ringmeet account right now. I'll have to check what that is in a bit. I don't think we have any other community expenses coming up. BBQ should still be good for a year or 5. Depending on how many parts get lost every year ?

Even if I don't make it this year I'd be interested in contributing, I remember the years where it just rained all weekend and it would've been so much more miserable without the party tent.
BBQ should still be good for a year or 5. Depending on how many parts get lost every year ?
"There's going to be swearing". I feel like I should bring a spare pack of nuts and bolts this year/next year. :p

If they're cool with basically a free tent they can rent out to people and keep the profits, I'm sure they'd be cool with it. If Ringmeet keeps going even for another few more years tent would pay for itself.

So I've been thinking and I'd like to gauge the interest among people attending, this year or any, regarding the following idea: I thought about basically "crowd funding" a proper party tent that we buy and leave at VS. We'd get to use it for free and they can rent it out to cover repairs where needed. That way we have a guaranteed tent, but we don't need to store it somewhere.
Go for it

Sounds like a plan. Go for it!

The former government bunker comes to mind as well... And I'm always keen for scenic drives. We had to cut our scenic drive through the Rhine valley short in 2015. We skipped the whole Koblenz part and if some are interested, we could catch up on that.

So we did the government bunker, but I'd be keen to join up on a drive.

The town of Monschau is realy worth a visit, if you are looking for a nice old, typical "Eifel style", small city. Also the drive from VS to Monschau through the Eifel and along the "Rurtalsperre" (Rurdam) is very nice. On sunny sundays you find a lots of bikers on the streets around the Rurtalsperre, for those reasons :cool::driving:.

Same thing.

I'm in for the partytent plan, @thomas. Though I do have some reservations about practically donating a tent to the campsite in exchange for free use in the future - what happens if it gets damaged while rented out to someone else?

I'm in for the partytent plan, @thomas. Though I do have some reservations about practically donating a tent to the campsite in exchange for free use in the future - what happens if it gets damaged while rented out to someone else?
I thought Thomas would reply but as he said at the start there would have to be some agreement that they repair any damage and we can use it in the condition when we provided it.
We'd get to use it for free and they can rent it out to cover repairs where needed.
If that can't be agreed then it probably isn't going to work. Since they will be able to rent it out all year and we will only use it for one (probably), I wonder if VS would be interested in contributing to get something big enough for them. Everyone could be a winner.

Won't be there this year either. The wedding is taking place finally Sept 8th and we have a honeymoon in Ireland 11th-18th so a big chunk of my vacation and budget are already spoken for. Have fun, those who can make it, and hopefully we will see you next year, maybe even joining a Roadtrip beforehand.

i'm in for the partytentgofundme.

@_Jules_ and I are out officially. There is just no way we will get on a plane back to Germany a week after we moved to Finland. We need some time to not do anything and enjoy our new sauna after what will be six weeks of absolute mayhem.

Check out our Blog, though!
Aw, man. Good luck! I gotta make it to Finnmeet some year. The description of the sheer amount of mayonnaise used on the HEL-blog makes me think I'd love it.
I talked to Christoph from the campsite earlier, and so far so good, except that he has trouble finding a party tent to rent right now. We've had that issue in the past with flaky rental places ever since the VS owned tents went swimming in the flood.. Last year we were told to find a different one to rent 4 days before ringmeet. We did, well, he did, but we also ended up paying nearly 180 euros for the weekend with taxes, where we used to pay 75 per tent before, and we only got one tent.

So I've been thinking and I'd like to gauge the interest among people attending, this year or any, regarding the following idea: I thought about basically "crowd funding" a proper party tent that we buy and leave at VS. We'd get to use it for free and they can rent it out to cover repairs where needed. That way we have a guaranteed tent, but we don't need to store it somewhere.

OH yeah, pricing for the one we rented last year is 579 to 659 Euros btw. Bigger and better is obviously approaching 4 digits. And I haven't checked other brands yet.
Feedback, please.
Hell yeah, I'm down for a tent fund.

We've got companies that specialize in party gear over here, and IIRC, the Lemons folks who just bought one to hide their car in all weekend at open-paddock tracks didn't pay that much?
So we did the government bunker, but I'd be keen to join up on a drive.

Same thing.
I keep drinking wine from that-general-region, so I'm also down to explore in general, haha.

I missed out on biking around the 'Ring last year, which I really want to do. The goal for this year is NO WORK AT ALL minus maybe a couple photos here and there if I have a test car.

Last edited:
Well, Coco's now a hard yes. Looks like I'll be classin' up the joint from 8/4-8/18, flying in and out of Stuttgart.

I want to be liiiiiiiterally anywhere else so badly that I'll be working a bit from there before Minitrip/Ringmeet, too. Does anyone want a couch surfer working weird hours for a couple days?

Well, Coco's now a hard yes. Looks like I'll be classin' up the joint from 8/4-8/18, flying in and out of Stuttgart.

I want to be liiiiiiiterally anywhere else so badly that I'll be working a bit from there before Minitrip/Ringmeet, too. Does anyone want a couch surfer working weird hours for a couple days?
I wouldn't mind having you over, but Lisbon is not exactly close to Stuttgart.

+1 on the tentfunding.

Otherwise, still not allowed out of this geriatric shithole, despite the fact I'll have been fully upgraded to 5G by then!

The monthly groupchat falls Ringmeet weekend in August, so with all the newly implanted chips, maybe there might be enough reception to say hi for a bit!

The live stream pub quiz last year was fun.
I realize August 12 is still some time away, but both the UK and Portugal are in Germany's "red list" at the moment...
Yeah I get the feeling that's going to be hanging around for a while after the footballs are over. Currently the refundable cross-channel train tickets are stupid expensive.