Speaking of the BMW 1M Coupe....

IMG_3543.jpg

Here's an old Mercedes, not sure the year and model....

Think W180.

Nice pics btw! A nice little mini photoshoot on the waterfront there :)

As for the car - its the first BMW I'd buy in a long while. Even though I've driven an M3 (and dayum I'm jealous of your ownership Veritable :p) I still wouldn't have one. This on the other hand...

And looking at the owner; I bet he's part Italian and has a hot wife. :lol:

I love that car so much. It's got that perfect mix of regular car, with flared out craziness like the E30 M3. I would get the Alpine White if I could afford it.

2011-06-30_0719.png

I totally love that car. Once the GTI is paid off I'm gonna get one used, thats for sure. Also in sensible Germany that color will be cheaper 2nd hand than black for sure, which is a good thing ;-)
I just like the "in your face" look and stance of the car. Granted, a M3 does look better and probably is better in everyday use, but I simply fell in love with the 1M.

I love the wide fenders. Then again, I've had a soft spot for the 1 series since it came out. Tiny BMW? Yes, please.

Granted, a M3 does look better and probably is better in everyday use, but I simply fell in love with the 1M.

Not really, 1M is faster in your average day to day drive, or the odd weekly TLGP you might encounter.

M3 only shines when it comes to high speed corners & high lateral G loads. Plus the engine has a race-like character, where you need to stir the gearbox a bit to get that V8 sing @ 8500rpm. The 1M is all about low down grunt and massive torque. The baby M is definitely the faster car for most average drivers.

I love the fact that it's a proper, small M-car, and I'd agree it's probably just a tad better as a driver's car for most people, being that little bit lighter and more agile. Also, a brand new premium spots car with a manual gearbox? Make me happy they're not extinct yet :lol:

That said...it just looks wrong from certain angles, and I'd still much prefer a screaming V8 over a V6. Since that's the way the new M3 will go tho, I think the old one will become a bit of a classic eventually.

I can't decide on this car. Love the 1 series, but I'm not a fan of the front end on the 1M. Give me a 135i with flared fenders, and I'll keep the extra cash and make it a good bit quicker.

I love it, but I think it's more of the spiritual successor to the 2002 Turbo or E30 M3 than the Golf GTI.

I doubt the WTCC-esque styling with the flared wheelarches and splitters appeals to everyone but it just makes me want one more.

Seen a white one with black wheels for sale recently. Oh well guess there's always the lottery...

Last edited:
I can see why that didn't sell.

Because it's been kicked in the face by the ugly horse?

Poor baby Bimmer deserved a better front end than that. Paper bag aside, those look like whee.

The 1M is properly pretty, though. Love me some meaty wheel arches. Want.

Last edited:
Because it's been kicked in the face by the ugly horse?

Poor baby Bimmer deserved a better front end than that. Paper bag aside, those look like whee.

The 1M is properly pretty, though. Love me some meaty wheel arches. Want.

and then it flew up to the ugly tree and hit all of the branches on the way down.

There's a lot here at the 'Ring every weekend. It's not really that small - it's bigger than an E36 M3. An E30 M3 is like a toy in comparison. I dunno... something just doesn't gel for me :/

Well I don't know about any M3, M5, or M6, but I do like the way the 1M looks better than the current M3. It just looks... leaner I guess you could say. The proportions remind me of the original M3 and make the current M3 look too big and bloated.