The Android thread

Sweet. Yeah it'll start in exactly 1 hour and 30 minutes.

Yeah, I saw it when I came home from the gym, then glanced over you saying how you watched something and my tired mind jumped to the conclusion that I had missed it. :(

So essentially what you're saying is that the journalists don't clap to show their lack of bias? Part of that still bugs me because I get the sense that this display of "lack of bias" goes out the window when it comes to the apple keynotes. I dunno, that could just be me talking out of my ass/speculation. But I think you're right about Steve Jobs, maybe that was the reason. Yeah we def won't know until we see the next keynote and gauge audience reactions.

Correct, most journo's don't clap because that would be showing bias. They're to take in the news from as objective a view as possible.

Woot, google music is now open.

I can't afford to get a new phone and a new ipod. I can only have one or the other.

Better restart my music uploads to google music I suppose.

Then stream that shit onto my nexus prime!

I can't afford to get a new phone and a new ipod. I can only have one or the other.

Better restart my music uploads to google music I suppose.

Then stream that shit onto my nexus prime!

Idk, I see the whole "upload your collection" thing as a unnecessary stopgap. I'd probably stick with something like Spotify just so I don't have to worry about buying the music, downloading it, then uploading it.

I do agree with that. I feel like it's just a waste of time/bandwidth, and if google just had a vast collection of music in their own libraries or something like that they could just take all of your song titles and artists and put songs on there for you. Obviously apple has done this with itunes match since they DO have a vast library... at least more vast than GooMu. But I would love to have the ability to listen to my music at work, without worrying about all my playlists/songs not being there.

On another note:
I found this btw, the face unlock feature actually working flawlessly:

Top Comment: Apple? will invent this in iOS 6.
Second top comment: i wonder if penis recognition? works

:roflmao:

Well.. the thing is, when you buy a song through google music, you don't download it to your device automatically so you can upload it again, it's right there in the cloud, waiting for you. All other methods, though... yeah. But why would you, if it turns out to be cheaper? Plus, it'll be in beautiful DRM-free 320 kbps mp3. :)

I found this btw, the face unlock feature actually working flawlessly:

Top Comment: Apple? will invent this in iOS 6.

And in a few years they'll be awarded a patent for it. <_<

I doubt it, I'm sure there'll be a ton of people jumping on it. At least there should be.

Here let's solidify this... what did android do first and do right?

Multi-tasking (Actual motherfucking multitasking too)
Notification bar
Dictation/speech-to-text
Copy Pasta
Widgets
Cloud
OTA updates
Navigation with voice directions

Most of that was done elsewhere first, though Android did have them before iOS.

True but at least this way apple can't patent EVERYTHING. Like they patented slide to unlock.

The only issue that I have with the Galaxy Nexus is that it didn't look very responsive, given its monstrous specs. I can't wait to see it in person! On paper, a 4.65" display with a 720p resolution is just astonishing!

it'll be in beautiful DRM-free 320 kbps mp3. :)

So pretty much like all other online music stores? I've never seen the point of buying music online, it's not that much cheaper than buying a CD, and you're getting a version of the song that is subject to whatever compression they use.

Last edited:
So pretty much like all other online music stores? I've never seen the point of buying music online, it's not that much cheaper than buying a CD, and you're getting a version of the song that is subject to whatever compression they use.

The first world runs on instant gratification and convenience (read: laziness). So the ability to download Busta Rhymes's new album with a click while slowly getting diabetes is the way us murricans do it.

I've almost completed my upload to the cloud, save from all the DRM files that I got from itunes that are unable to be uploaded:
stare.png

It certainly makes for a much more desirable prospect for me than any Android device has done before. Not sure about the face unlock though. Couldn't you just hold a picture up of the owner and the device would unlock?

ahpadt: they have shown that unlocking with a picture works. I'll just stick to what I use so far.