The Android thread

So, i found a dead Pixel on my nexus 7, thing is, it's on the bottom left where the taskbar is, in both portrait and landscape more, and its only noticeable if you look for it. Should i go through the trouble of replacing it, i'd have to send it to america, which is about 20$ and the same to get another back, if they even accept it? No app ive used so far has let me use that area other than for navigation buttons, it seems it doesnt allow true fullscreen

OR

Should i wait till they run out of stock of the 8GB models since the 32s are likely replacing the 16s and whine then, possible getting a 16GB instead :p

I dont mind the pixel, but i dont want this to start to get worse, it wasnt there before, that im sure of.

Is there any way to properly confirm dead/stuck pixel? It seems the N7 forces software buttons in everything, i cannot get a single fullscreen view at all

Do you have Latitude activated in maps?

Try killing the battery percentage thingy first. It's the most likely candidate in so far as that a wakelock problem with Whatsapp would be widely known.

Dear all,

I want a Android/WP (66% inclination towards Android) phone that is maximum of 4.3" at a cost of maximum equivalent of ?350. Devices closer to 4" or under are preferable. Please advise which one is best.
Thanks!

Best regards,
AiR, man who writes e-mails for a living.

If you decide to buy WP and you don't want a WP 7.8 device, you would probably need to wait until cheaper WP8 devices are released, as currently announced ones will all be above that price range. There is a quite trustworthy rumour circulating that at least nokia plans to start shipping some lower budget WP8 devices at January 2013. For WP7.8, I think Lumia 800 would be just inside your budget, with it's 3,7 inch screen. Can't give advice on Android phones, as I don't know them very well.

Sorry for bringing up this old discussion, but it happens that now you can get Lumia 800 for 250 euros... Even for WP7.8 I think that's a steal, considering how premium feeling the device itself is.

Sorry for bringing up this old discussion, but it happens that now you can get Lumia 800 for 250 euros... Even for WP7.8 I think that's a steal, considering how premium feeling the device itself is.
That's fifty bucks less than the Galaxy Nexus, but that runs the newest OS release and will receive (unofficial) upgrades until kingdom come.

Galaxy Tab 10.1 + Ice Cream Sandwich = <3

uninstalled the percentage thing. Could it be Google Now? lik that comes up every other time with stuff like it's 44m to work, or 30 min to home etc...

That's fifty bucks less than the Galaxy Nexus, but that runs the newest OS release and will receive (unofficial) upgrades until kingdom come.

This. Windows Phone 8 or a Nexus device. No other choice really. Might want to see how much the next Nexus will cost if it's announced next week.

So, i found a dead Pixel on my nexus 7, thing is, it's on the bottom left where the taskbar is, in both portrait and landscape more, and its only noticeable if you look for it. Should i go through the trouble of replacing it, i'd have to send it to america, which is about 20$ and the same to get another back, if they even accept it?

Most manufacturers won't allow a warranty claim for a single dead pixel.

from what i read, Google/Asus does replace on single dead pixels, tablets, especially smaller ones have less pixels, on a larger monitor i would agree, my korean monitor has a 5 pixel policy around the centre and less for the centre

possible nexus 10" by samsung, 2560x1600, i dont even mind if it doesnt have 3G, looking forward to what Google say on the 29th

I'm leaning towards WP8 tbh, i'm not so heavily invested in OS on the phone since having one or two tablets means having android as a requirement on a phone is moot for me, i mainly use a phone, as a phone! I'll decide when i have the money to change though...

yeah... no more nokias

yes, i know, my dad had three