The Android thread

get the one that was advertised as a hammer for construction workers :p

Any opinions on MIUI?
I'm not that much into it's iOS copycat look. But if you want to take a first glimpse into the world of custom ROMs, it's either CM10 or MIUI. All other options (at this point including my favorite, AOKP) are definitely for experienced users only.

I'm still deliberating about which phone I'm after. At the moment, I'm waiting for the LG Nexus 4 to come to be released. The i9300 is still neat, but the locked Exynos and lack of custom ROM support discourage me from that and the ginormous, but awesome Note II. Plus, if I get an international phone, I'd have to get a third party warranty.

Finally, I'm also considering a Galaxy Nexus and getting a giant flash drive with Stickmount to play my music off of. Does anyone have experience playing music off of SM?

I'm still deliberating about which phone I'm after. At the moment, I'm waiting for the LG Nexus 4 to come to be released. The i9300 is still neat, but the locked Exynos and lack of custom ROM support discourage me from that and the ginormous, but awesome Note II. Plus, if I get an international phone, I'd have to get a third party warranty.

Finally, I'm also considering a Galaxy Nexus and getting a giant flash drive with Stickmount to play my music off of. Does anyone have experience playing music off of SM?

Samsung's come around and are working on getting the Exynos dev site together: http://www.androidauthority.com/samsung-open-exynos-124617/

Whether that comes to fruition and you want to wait until stuff starts flowing is up to you. Personally, I'd wait to see what Google has up it's sleeve with LG.

AW: The Android thread

AW: The Android thread

At the moment, I'm waiting for the LG Nexus 4 to come to be released.

Doesn't that have even less internal storage than the Galaxy Nexus and still no SD slot as well?

Finally, I'm also considering a Galaxy Nexus [...]
[...] I'd wait to see what Google has up it's sleeve with LG.
I'd wait for the LG Nexus to come out and get a Galaxy Nexus for a cut-rate price two days later. It's already great value for money at $340 or so. With the LG Nexus released I'd expect the price to drop below $300, which would make it a steal.

Doesn't that have even less internal storage than the Galaxy Nexus and still no SD slot as well?

The AT&T version has a 32 GB option, so I've got my fingers crossed.

I'd wait for the LG Nexus to come out and get a Galaxy Nexus for a cut-rate price two days later. It's already great value for money at $340 or so. With the LG Nexus released I'd expect the price to drop below $300, which would make it a steal.

That's the plan if the new one is rubbish.

There's so many choices, but none are perfect :shakefist:

The AT&T version has a 32 GB option, so I've got my fingers crossed.

That's the plan if the new one is rubbish.

There's so many choices, but none are perfect :shakefist:

The performance of the S4 Pro though....it's a screamer in the Optimus G...it's smooth as silk...even LG's sorta heavy UI. Now imagine that with Jelly Bean's Project Butter and the lightweight feel of stock Android....

Last edited:
My renewal is up soon and I've been contemplating what to get. The S3 was winning for a long time but I've been completely won over by the One X+. 64GB internal more than makes up for not having a MicroSD slot and it has buckets of power, a nice screen and I can actually get the cases and covers because it's physically the same as the original One X. :D

Plus you can use it as a hammer. :lol:

verizon-galaxy-note-2-grey1.jpg

You've got to be fucking kidding me....seriously verizon? Pissed doesn't even begin to explain my feelings. :mad:

It's the Note you won't want to buy anyway (encrypted bootloader) so I shouldn't even fucking care, but that shit's annoying.

So I figured I had a Sammy firmware build of 4.1.1, found out about it after getting curious about not getting 4.1.2. I flashed 4.1.1 stock Google on purpose to see if I would get 4.1.2 and indeed I did.

I don't know if the new firmware fixed it, or just a clean install, but my battery seems to hold on longer now :)

I'm really annoyed at how much of an improvement the X+ is over the X on AT&T given how little time there's been been then launching.

You can't really blame HTC for that, though. They listened to what the userbase didn't like about the One X and fixed it. Unfortunately it's not an upgrade that can be made to existing phones via software. :(

Is there a way to tell the Browser to always open youtube vids with the youtube app?

Yes, you'll have to clear the defaults for the browser in settings -> applications

Go to YouTube again in the browser...then when the popup shows check the box at the bottom that says "always open blah blah blah" and tap youtube.