The driver bashing thread

Also SchumacherM how is it my fault I show support for Ferrari? I came here to bash the drivers and I've read the whole thread... I didnt go out of my way to defend Alonso or anything. Im not here to pick fights with people, just rant about drivers...
In fact both Alonso and Massa could pull the fingers out of their asses and start showing some results as far as I'm concerned.

Ferrari supporters cannot win in an arugment. Either due to a couple of incidents from the past, or dorks that don't know F1 and hang on those events as a base for the fight. So I stopped discussing/defending in F1 long ago. At least when it comes to touchy subjects.

Everyone has dirt under the rug... These past few years I think McLaren's rug is significantly more full of dirt than Ferrari's but that's just me. I don't mind defending. If you do, that doesn't mean I'm a retard, with all due respect.

It was a metaphore. Nothing against either of you.

I would like to point out that when talking about success, Ferrari fans aren't afraid to bring up the past, so why, then, when there is a discussion about "skeletons in the closet", can the past not be brought up?

I think it's hypocritical to look at it in such a one sided manner, don't you think?

No doubt, though, if I were a Ferrari fan, I'd find it difficult to "win" an argument about misdemeanours, too.

No doubt, though, if I were a Ferrari fan, I'd find it difficult to "win" an argument about misdemeanours, too.

Exactly what I'm saying. So I just mind my own business as much as I can..

Well thanks to spygate, we're kinda in the same boat, though I do have my reservations about that (on a forum, they are pretty meaningless) :lol:.

Can i divert our attention to Helmut Marko? Since he is a former driver so to speak.

Id just like to say watching vettel constantly blow it this year has been a pleasure, and will keep me watching f1 for years to come.

Id just like to say watching vettel constantly blow it this year has been a pleasure, and will keep me watching f1 for years to come.

For some reason, I feel the same. I really don't know why, but I like to see Vettel suffer :p. I don't have this with any other driver.

I have nothing against Vettel really, but that move he pulled at the beginning of the race was retarded and very nearly ended his own race, could have easily ended Webber's as well.

Can i divert our attention to Helmut Marko? Since he is a former driver so to speak.

You may. Horner and Vettel may be copping the flak from the fans and media regarding favouritism, but I strongly suspect it's Markko who is pulling the strings behind the scenes. Christian Horner isn't an idiot and he has enough experience as a team boss to know that swapping those wings was always going to cause friction. He should stand up and represent his drivers (both of them) a little more, although he probably likes his job too much to do that :p

Markko has a history of being brutal to his drivers and his handling of Webber and Vettel is little short of cold blooded. Just let the damn drivers race each other on equal footing and there'd be none of this fricition present now. It's already cost them a one two in Turkey and a probable one two in Britain as well.

this. in the beginning of the year, i was kind of a fan of him...now i just hope he ends up in the tires

You may. Horner and Vettel may be copping the flak from the fans and media regarding favouritism, but I strongly suspect it's Markko who is pulling the strings behind the scenes. Christian Horner isn't an idiot and he has enough experience as a team boss to know that swapping those wings was always going to cause friction. He should stand up and represent his drivers (both of them) a little more, although he probably likes his job too much to do that :p

Markko has a history of being brutal to his drivers and his handling of Webber and Vettel is little short of cold blooded. Just let the damn drivers race each other on equal footing and there'd be none of this fricition present now. It's already cost them a one two in Turkey and a probable one two in Britain as well.

Exactly. Webber is no pushover. I think it'll be nice to see Webber plant a fist through Marko's face. Why can't they do things like last year? :/

this. in the beginning of the year, i was kind of a fan of him...now i just hope he ends up in the tires

Anything as long as Webber is ahead on points by Abu Dhabi.

To be honest, it's probably not Vettel's intention to want the team to lean over to him. I don't think he wants the negative press at all. But the inner workings at the HQ just made him seem like the evil man and Webber the good guy.

To be honest, it's probably not Vettel's intention to want the team to lean over to him. I don't think he wants the negative press at all. But the inner workings at the HQ just made him seem like the evil man and Webber the good guy.

webber is strong enough to let this go. i think its very clear that one of those guys (webber) will be on a different team next season.

from the start of the season he thought about himself as being the primary driver...

but to be honest, if you want to be champion, that's the spirit you should have, but it all went wrong when he assumed webber would just move out of the way and crashed into him, that move (and the reactions afterwards - both his and the team's) ruined a lot...

Exactly. Webber is no pushover. I think it'll be nice to see Webber plant a fist through Marko's face. Why can't they do things like last year? :/
Because last year Vettel was clearly quicker and there was no problem. And when Webber won, Vettel was nowhere near him due to troubles. Now they are close to eachother on the race track as well.

webber is strong enough to let this go. i think its very clear that one of those guys (webber) will be on a different team next season.
Didn't Webber resign with RBR?