The Post Your Pets Thread

I was at a place today where they had the cutest little puppies :wub:

pix plz

this is probably the only time I'm gonna be able to ask that without getting slapped.
fishSlap1a.gif

Here are my critters:

Ninja (mutt cat.. our vet calls him a Domestic Medium Hair)-
kitties008.jpg

Mr. Buddy (Shetland Sheepdog) & Max (Maine Coon)-
buddymax006.jpg

Mr. Buddy when he is full-coated (we shave him for the summer)-
DC00018.jpg

Aspen (Siberian Husky)-
DSC00597.jpg

Max, Ninja, & Isabella (gerbil)-
Image005.jpg

I have no pix yet my my doggie Coco (Chow mix). I'll have to take some.

OK, I know, double post, but I thought this was worth a new one...

This is Bailey, my relatives' 12-year-old Shoodle (schnauzer/poodle cross). She's a loving pet that developed an extremely rare dog disease that causes an insatiable appetite and blindness within weeks. She is now starting to go deaf in her older years as well. But, she still has her sniffer ;)

The thing shes sitting next to and guarding closely is a sort of "puzzle toy" -- that actually belongs to my dog -- filled with food and treats. Even though she couldn't figure out how to get at the contents, she would sit by it endlessly and do her best not to let anyone separate her from it.

https://pic.armedcats.net/e/ep/epp_b/2009/08/24/2009-08-23_Bailey_Guarding_Treat_Toy.jpg

Thanks to whoever gave me the "yo dawg" rep, but I gotta ask: how could you resist writing, "yo dawg, I herd yo like yo dawg" ? :lol:

That cat looks nothing like a ninja. Looks more like a Sumo Wrestler. :lol:

I know- a vote against naming your cats as kittens if there ever was one. He's also very unlike a ninja in the respect that he's clumsy and has no stealth. My husband suggested re-naming him Thud, but by then I had quite grown accustomed to Ninja. I guess now it's one of those ironic names- like a pit bull named Fluffy, or a chihuahua named Killer.

I know- a vote against naming your cats as kittens if there ever was one.

As the great author Terry Pratchett has said, "It's an interesting fact that fewer than 17 % of Real cats end their lives with the same name they started with. Much family effort goes into selecting one at the start ("She looks like a Winnifred to me"), and then as the years roll by it suddenly finds itself being called Meepo or Ratbag."

That being said, I think I want to move in with you guys. Between all of those pets, plus living in a great barbecue town, I'd be in Heaven.:mrgreen:

P.S. I love that first picture of Benjamin, Spectre.

As the great author Terry Pratchett has said, "It's an interesting fact that fewer than 17 % of Real cats end their lives with the same name they started with. Much family effort goes into selecting one at the start ("She looks like a Winnifred to me"), and then as the years roll by it suddenly finds itself being called Meepo or Ratbag."

That being said, I think I want to move in with you guys. Between all of those pets, plus living in a great barbecue town, I'd be in Heaven.:mrgreen:

P.S. I love that first picture of Benjamin, Spectre.

I love Terry Pratchett! (Discworld & Good Omens! W00T!) Thanks so much for the quote. We have room on the couch, come on down! :mrgreen:

Spectre- Awesome kitty face! Looks almost like he's mid-sneeze.

Spectre, your cat is the first I've seen who can compete with mine in the odd looks department. Great picture.

I know- a vote against naming your cats as kittens if there ever was one. He's also very unlike a ninja in the respect that he's clumsy and has no stealth. My husband suggested re-naming him Thud, but by then I had quite grown accustomed to Ninja. I guess now it's one of those ironic names- like a pit bull named Fluffy, or a chihuahua named Killer.

My dog's name is Barkly. When he was just little guy when we brought him home he didn't make any noise for a week or two, and then he would bark if, say, he was in the living room and suddenly noticed no one else was in there with him. Now he's almost 8 months old and mouthy and lives up to his name. :lol:

He's far too social for his own good. Whenever he hears another dog barking he barks back - sometimes even in the middle of the night. Well, I say bark, but it's more a bay when he talks to neighbour dogs.

Black and white fur makes little Barkly hard to photograph. Too much or not enough makes either the white fur get overexposed, or the black fur be blackkkk and his eyes not visible. Humbug.

https://pic.armedcats.net/r/ra/ramseus/2009/08/31/CRW_0170.jpg

This is my girl, Fifi. (AKA Josephine Marie, That Friggin' Cat, Pimple on the Ass of Progress) She is a 4 year old Maine Coon. Her favorite activity is sleeping, and her favorite foods are bread, mustard, and bleu cheese. She likes talking to the birds and squirrels outside of her window and cuddling at night with her Daddy.

Fifi.JPG

Provocative posing!
provocative_pose.JPG

Will you put that camera away so I can get some sleep?
lemme_sleep.JPG

You people see what I have to put up with?
A-noid.JPG

Great pic of Barkly, Ramseus. You say he's a hard dog to photograph, but you seem to have cracked it.

^Possibly the fluffiest tail in the history of fluffiness.