The "Things that annoy me" thread

It's just depressing. It's just a surprise increase since they said that the one in April would be the only increase for the year. Then they just all of a sudden announced today that they increased it again by $200. I mean, I can pay the difference since I got a fair amount of money from last semester.

Mom keeps buying terrible pasta.
qc_home_product_img.jpg

You know how they make it cook fast? it is paper thin and tastes terrible. It also means I cook it and then am still hungry when I finish eating because it filled up the plate but has 50% more air so I have a plate of pasta holes.
url

Even more annoying. All the negatives of the previous 3 minute pasta with the additional fail that is diet portioning. Each bag as about as much food as we feed our toy poodle and there are only 3 of them.

People who don't seem capable of uttering a sentence without adding at least one swear word.

the dirt in the washing machine in my shared flat

Folks, the thing is supposed to clean laundry. It won't do that if you let the lint filter clog up and fail to remove accumulated deposits of I-don't-want-to-know-what white gunk. All my dark clothes have stains all over them and I'm almost embarrassed to wear them outside the house.

People who go to a movie theater and ask the employees what movies are about.

People who ask me at work if a movie is good. I always sarcastically respond, "No, the product we're trying to sell you is terrible. Don't buy it."

People who ask me at work if a movie is good. I always sarcastically respond, "No, the product we're trying to sell you is terrible. Don't buy it."

I did that once when I was passing the time waiting for car repairs. =P
I asked the lady what the movie "Paul" was about, and she was really nice. Almost gave the whole plot away. lol

My favorite is guests assuming I've seen everything the theater is showing, regardless of whether or not I have an interest in a movie. "Oh, how is Zookeeper?" "Haven't the foggiest, not interested in it."

What trips me out is when I'm buying a movie on DVD/BR and the cashier starts giving me their opinion of it. I actually had a cashier start ranting about how much she hated Falling Down when I was buying the DVD. She asked me why I was buying it. I was like, "I ... uhh... I... thought it was kinda good. I guess."

What trips me out is when I'm buying a movie on DVD/BR and the cashier starts giving me their opinion of it. I actually had a cashier start ranting about how much she hated Falling Down when I was buying the DVD. She asked me why I was buying it. I was like, "I ... uhh... I... thought it was kinda good. I guess."

That's when you say, "Fine, I'll go put this back, then find your manager and thank him for not firing the cashier that talks customers out of their purchases."

That's when you say, "Fine, I'll go put this back, then find your manager and thank him for not firing the cashier that talks customers out of their purchases."

And that, my friends, is why I never gave my honest opinion about products I rung up...and if it was something that was truly horrible...like elcheapo Shenzhen netbooks running Windows CE, or Wii knockoffs, I danced around how bad it was without exactly saying it was great either... :p

Not good for the moral compass I suppose, but better than being yelled at by my boss.

This is why I would be useless as a carsalesmen....

"Don't buy that! It's plastic and it's made by French people."
"That? Is there something fucking wrong with you? Look at it!"
"Are you gay?"
"Yeah it's a good car....well there is the occasional catching fire issue"
"Look dude, a bald spot, middleage and a convertible don't mix alright?"
"You don't need an ecobox, no I don't care if you are a cardcarrying greenparty member and live in the city, what you need is one of these *points at super duty*
"bikerack? GET THE FUCK OUT"
"I know this guy on the internet called rickhamilton and he likes it......I would run away."

:p