The "Things that annoy me" thread

Er… I’m not sure I understand. You mean if they outsource their billing to random billing processor 123 ltd who then show up in your account and you have to figure out who the hell they think they are?

… we got a medical bill late last year from a kidney screening for our daughter. Which happened two days after her birth. In the summer of 2021.
Yup. Took them nearly two and a half years to send the bill. From an external billing service of course. At least the insurance reimbursed that without a fight… that one I actually did not expect. Fully expected they’d pull the „too late, bye“ on us.

I had to go to the ER awhile back and instead of sending the bill in the name of that facility, they send it as a completely random name that sounds like it is a scam. It may be a billing service, but it is still a pain.

not to be an ass or anything... but how do you expect that to possibly work? for a school that probably gets 100+ new students each year (just assuming, usually over here at that level it should be 100-150+), do you honestly expect them to possibly do 100 individual visits with parents to show them around and tell them about the school? I am 100% on board with the first school just blankly refusing to do that.

what they do over here, which is better but still a bit dumb, is that they have a Saturday explicitly for everyone to come and see the school. it's useless of course, because that way you can assess the building and the facilities and whatnot, but you can't possibly get any idea of the actual teaching and concept, because it all turns into a bloody theater show thing for the visiting kids and their parents. there is 0 actual teaching that day. also of course the schools manage to schedule their visit days on the same exact Saturday so you don't actually have a chance of visiting more than one school. useless garbage.

... can you tell my wife is a teacher and is annoyed every single day by intrusive parents demanding (no, not asking for) special treatment for their child? :| doesn't help that half of the "leadership" (whoever thought it was a good idea to have teachers be the managers of schools for fucks sake? that's a bloody admin job, they're all incompetent!) at her school are spineless jagweeds that ass-kissed their way up the ladder who are incapable of telling anyone no. see, now that annoys me as well :D
Not an ass at all!
I clearly could have worded my post better and add the context that it is also common here to have a day to go and see the school.
Writing while angry rarely works well. :LOL:
My request was much more in the intent of "hey, when is the open day happening?" instead of "I expect a red carpet for my special son 🎩 "
Hyperbole aside, I have huge respect for teachers. I see only a glimpse of the interaction between them and the parents during the meetings and it's baffling how some people are clearly incapable of parenting.

When I first got this shirt, I put it on and it didn't fit right. I was getting ready to head out the door so I didn't want to spend time figuring out why and grabbed a different shirt.

A week later I tried again, and it still felt weird, but again, I was in a hurry, so I put it aside and wore something else.

Another week late, I tried it a third time. When it didn't fit yet again, I thought maybe all of the printing (even inside in the "tag" area) was somehow printed backwards, so I turned it around. It still fit really really weird.

FInally I laid the shirt out flat to see if I could see something obvious, and noticed something a little weird.

I took out a ruler, and...

1714255927665.png

What the actual fuck? How does this even happen? 😂

When I first got this shirt, I put it on and it didn't fit right. I was getting ready to head out the door so I didn't want to spend time figuring out why and grabbed a different shirt.

A week later I tried again, and it still felt weird, but again, I was in a hurry, so I put it aside and wore something else.

Another week late, I tried it a third time. When it didn't fit yet again, I thought maybe all of the printing (even inside in the "tag" area) was somehow printed backwards, so I turned it around. It still fit really really weird.

FInally I laid the shirt out flat to see if I could see something obvious, and noticed something a little weird.

I took out a ruler, and...

View attachment 3572468

What the actual fuck? How does this even happen? 😂

There was a store that sold clothes with defects that I would get work clothes from. I got a package of T-shirts that had the hem at the bottom of the shirt inside out. And another package that had the pocket upside down. 😂

There was a store that sold clothes with defects that I would get work clothes from. I got a package of T-shirts that had the hem at the bottom of the shirt inside out. And another package that had the pocket upside down. 😂
The upside-down pocket sounds like something someone would pay $400 for, from a high-end boutique fashion brand. "It's subversive...you just aren't cultured enough to 'get it'."

My work colleagues. We are four IT administrators/supporters in total, one of us has to be at work at 06:30h on premise since the logistics department starts at that time as well. One of my colleagues shifted from the universal role to mostly administrative role, he's pretty reluctant to take that early shift, he lives 25 km away as well. The second colleague lives far-ish (about 15 km) away, but doesn't own a car so he has to rely on public transport which isn't great between home and work or he can borrow his mum's car from time to time. The third colleague shifted to a four-day work week at the beginning of April. This means I as the most flexible one who lives closest (15 minutes by bicycle) drew the short straw in terms of early shifts.
The second colleague signalled his willingness in participating in the early shifts, but in the first four months of this year he did exactly zero early shifts. Now that the third colleague shifted to a four-day work week I asked the second colleague to participate in early shifts, he filled out the plan for the next month and wants to take just two (!) early shifts and 10 home office days.
When I count up the early shifts up until now it looks like this:
  • First colleague: 9
  • Second colleague: 32
  • Third colleague: 0
  • Me: 40 (and I had two weeks of vacation already so five to 10 fewer workdays as my colleagues)
With the second colleague working one day less per week in the future that disproportion will only grow...

[edit]
I just counted up the early shifts of last year:
  • First colleague: 32
  • Second colleague: 20
  • Third colleague: 78
  • Me: 83
[/edit]

Last edited:
My work colleagues.
Unless there's an advantage to the early shift that you can benefit from and just own it, it sounds like someone in a position of power needs to implement a rota. Rotas can be crap but they work. It might lead to one or more of the colleagues being completely excluded from the early shift but at least you know the ratio you'll be working to. If you're still doing more early shifts and it's on paper you can ask for more reward.

If you take the early shift do you get stuck with a load of issues/tickets as people start working? It's not fair that one person should deal with all of those, particularly if there are major system issues.

Unless there's an advantage to the early shift that you can benefit from and just own it, it sounds like someone in a position of power needs to implement a rota.
We do have a rota (otherwise I wouldn't have been able to get that statistic), but we organize it ourselves. That said, as I said second colleague did signal his willingness of participating in the early shifts, but up until now had zero early shifts this year. That said #2, we already spoke to our superior, he said we should deal with it ourselves, especially with the altered situation of our third colleague, but if we won't come up with a good solutions he would assign the shifts.

If you take the early shift do you get stuck with a load of issues/tickets as people start working?
Fortunately there aren't many issues/tickets in the early shifts, it's just that you have to get up very early.

That sounds like you need to tell your colleagues to either actively work with you on a solution (until <insert deadline here>) or you'll let your boss sort it out, which will probably lead to a worse solution.

Yeah, I already told them we'll have to figure it out until next week. When I'm on the bike I very much stand my ground if it's necessary and someone blatantly refuses to acknowledge my rights, but at work I just want to get along so I take the shifts which are available once all the others have filled out their desired shifts. I guess it's because I know my colleagues while I won't encounter many familiar faces in traffic... :dunno: