The "Things that annoy me" thread

I bought a D-Link that lasted 1 day.

The current Belkin is the first one to work semi-reliably with equal range to the ancient NetGear that it replaced, and I went through 4 or 5 brands.

I bought a D-Link that lasted 1 day.

The current Belkin is the first one to work semi-reliably with equal range to the ancient NetGear that it replaced, and I went through 4 or 5 brands.

You are unlucky. I've been using D-link for almost 7 years now and they never gave me any problem.

I know, I actually really liked it and wanted to get another one but they were out of stock and the model was discontinued.... my parents did a good job of finding the only one left in existence (birthday present).

Hackers. :mad:

One of Ireland's biggest sites and one that I regularly use was out of action all day yesterday and today.

The admins recommended users to change their password, and on other sites if they used the same.

Those fuckers are lucky my account wasn't wiped. :mad:

"trained professionals" that don't have a clue about what they are doing. I'll lucky that I didn't get food poisoning from eating dinner tonight. :blowup:

When you're taking a message or something over the phone and the person thinks it takes you an hour to write down their phone number.

them: *first three digits* *looooooooooooooong silence*
you: "uhh... k"
*next digits finally*

I think the person is waiting for the customary "mmm" noise when you've written down the first few. Otherwise it sounds like you're shuffling around for a pen and paper.

No, no, I'm already ready, I just told you I'm ready, I told you "wait a sec.... k I'm ready"

People who leave messages on answering machines with indecipherable names and speed through the phone number so it takes 3-4 plays to get it right. And then when you call them back, they have no idea why they called you in the first place! Leave a message!

"Hi, it's ___ on ______ I rang to tell you about/ask for/warn you etc...."

Not hard people....

When you are drinking something, and it goes down the wrong way or catches your throat or whatever, and you start coughing like mad.

Then someone starts patting your back.

THAT DOESN'T DO FUCKING ANYTHING!!!!!

If you bale hay - put your listening eyes on.

I'm talking about ordinary oblong or square bales (not the big round ones)
A bale is divided up into biscuits, usually 10-12 biscuits per standard oblong bale. These biscuits are held together by baling twine. You should be able to open a bale, pull off the next biscuit and feed it to the animal (either throw it on the ground or into one of the many types of hay feeders).

So, my frustration:
When I cut the twine to open the bale, the bale should not disintegrate into a big pile that now can only be fed by the handfull. This is no use to anyone and just becomes a big mess. You can't throw it over a fence, and most of it is going to end up blown away.

Biscuits should be even throughout the bale. Usually 1-3 inches wide (depending on how it was baled), some biscuits in a bale is 1 inch wide, and some it's more like a foot. It can also vary in the same bale. And to top it off, is packed so tight it's impossible to separate the biscuits. So, if you're feeding 10 horses in a paddock for instance, and you're trying to give them a biscuit each, it takes much pulling apart of biscuits to get equal piles, instead of three small and disintegrating biscuits (that are more in the back of the truck than on the ground) and half a bale that the rest are all fighting over.

And insult to injury:
It's been still all day, not a breath of wind. Come feeding time when I'm pulling biscuits of hay from bales and throwing it over fence lines to hungry animals, a gale starts up, and from the direction behind where I'm throwing, so every biscuit means I get a face full of grass seed and other grit. And 10 minutes after I'm done, the wind goes away. No matter what time of day I do it. I've finally realised that mother nature hates me. :lol:

I'm turning the tables, I'm being the annoyer:

I've been sticking to the speed limit. So if it says 40kph through the roadworks, I've been doing it. Not 43ish, or 52ish, but 40. If it's 80, then 80 it is. The tailbacks I've created are amazing. And the things people are doing to get around me! One would think I was going 10kph everywhere.

I've been sticking to the speed limit. So if it says 40kph through the roadworks, I've been doing it. Not 43ish, or 52ish, but 40. If it's 80, then 80 it is. The tailbacks I've created are amazing. And the things people are doing to get around me! One would think I was going 10kph everywhere.

:blink: That deserves a neg repping to be honest. :p

Not really, I'm perfectly fine with people who do exactly what the signs say. I do it myself often, or adjust to a person ahead of me who is doing 79 instead of overtaking that person. But people, like the Kia ceed I passed today who think because it's winter they need to do 85 when the sign says 100 despite the fact that the 2+1 road has been plowed and salted to death before drying up and is now clear of anything related to winter and bone dry annoy me.

My boot will not open, that is a minor annoyance. Since I cannot move the switch at all I am quite certain that it is just frozen and not something serious. We will see. It's -10 here at the coast of Denmark and thus humidity is 6000%. Except on the 2+1 road I mentioned earlier.

Last edited:
But is it bad to want to get a dark blue jacket with a patch on the shoulder that sorta looks like a coat of arms, that might be.......possibly...............from a distance................like the distance between people in different cars travelling the same way down a road.............look a little like a police patch?

Want to watch the flurry of brake lights as everyone becomes too scared to overtake me then? :evil:

Not really, I'm perfectly fine with people who do exactly what the signs say. I do it myself often, or adjust to a person ahead of me who is doing 79 instead of overtaking that person.

Ah, but you're forgetting that speedometers in cars are not calibrated!

So it could say 80 kph but you're doing only 74 in reality. That's why you always have a margin by law, when you get caught for speeding. That's why I always do between 5 and 10 kph more than allowed :)

You also have think about truck drivers going crazy being stuck behind folks who -- according to their speedo -- do 80 kph. Because trucks have calibrated speedos and know that those in front of them are too slow.

Last edited:
You also have think about truck drivers going crazy being stuck behind folks who -- according to their speedo -- do 80 kph. Because trucks have calibrated speedos and know that those in front of them are too slow.

trainhorns help with that.....

my dog annoyed me today... mostly because he ran across his own shit, then ran ALL OVER the house when I tried to catch him to clean it off

result = dog paw cleaning : 30 seconds
house covered in poopy dog paws = 1 hour

it makes me FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

my dog annoyed me today... mostly because he ran across his own shit, then ran ALL OVER the house when I tried to catch him to clean it off

result = dog paw cleaning : 30 seconds
house covered in poopy dog paws = 1 hour

it makes me FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Shotguns help with that.......

You know what really grinds my gears?

Dishonest assholes on eBay. I sold something on eBay before Christmas. Two weeks later, the guy tells me part of it doesn't work. I give him the benefit of the doubt. I say, "here, have a refund for the part, plus enough money to buy a new part and ship it. And just to be nice, I'll even throw in the money for you to ship the defective part back to me." Here we are two weeks later, and the buttmonkey still hasn't shipped that back to me. For all I know I just gave him an extra $50 and all his shit works. Paypal can't do shit either because I didn't do it through a refund, but a separate transaction. (yeah, real smart me.)

He keeps giving me bullshit excuses too. "My mom's in the hospital. I'm busy. This is a hard time for me." Fucker! I don't give a shit if you lost your goddamn leg! I paid you for the shipping! It'll take you 10 minutes to go to the post office, drop it in an envelope and ship it back to me.

Whew, that felt good. I also hate roommates that constantly leave their dishes in the sink. And never help to clean the rest of the house. And invite friends over and go to sleep before everyone has left.