Your best sim racing game?

I remember when I thought video game graphics couldn't get much better than that :)
Yeah, my jaw dropped the first time I saw N64 graphics. :lmao:

LFS > ToCA 3 > GT4 > Race 07 > GTR2. In that order

LFS is simply the best racing game i've ever played in my life. The graphics might look cheap and ugly, but because of this, you are more focused on the driving, not having to worry about unnecessary crap like moving background and slowmo jump camera etc.

It puts GT4 to shame in terms of realism.

I really want to try this LFS thing.......its downloadable isn't it?

I really want to try this LFS thing.......its downloadable isn't it?
yep. there is a demo. I've been addicted to the demo.

GT4 is always good.

Also anyone heard of Top Gear? I still have my SNES and play this game sometimes. It's so challenging and very addicting.

The Intro song!
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzpLeEdUjac[/YOUTUBE]

I like GT Legends, seems to be a bit more honest then most sims (usually either too twitchy, aka GTR, or too progressive, aka Forza 1 and 2)

The oversteer/understeer slider bar in GTL is a bit weird, but the game honestly mimicks actual driving dynamics better then most anything i can think of.

On a OT note: The best driving simulator of any FPS game was easily BF1942, i actually hooked up a wheel to the game once just to see how dynamic the Kubelwagons handling was, and to my surprise it actually had accurate lift-off oversteer, but it only really worked if you could be really mild on the brakes and steering, so i don't think most people ever noticed that, however it was fairly famous for its ability to drift like a mad zhcherman wagon it was. sadly none of BF1942s predecessors have such dynamics in the driving :(

Also anyone heard of Top Gear? I still have my SNES and play this game sometimes. It's so challenging and very addicting.

The Intro song!
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzpLeEdUjac[/YOUTUBE]

I have it...and Top Gear 2...and Top Gear 3000.

I have it...and Top Gear 2...and Top Gear 3000.
Nice, I only really like Top Gear. Good to see other people here have heard of this awesome game.
The cover, this came with a poster of this same pictures
588802_49899_front.jpg

I've always preferred Grand Prix 4. It's fairly old now (2002) but there are several brilliant mods that have been released to give the game a pretty solid make-over. Like fine wine, it continues to improve with age, as new mods are released and computing power is increased.

I liked the GTR series (both 1 and 2) for a bit, but the AI can be pretty appalling over a long distance event. They'll bash into each other and make some silly calls on strategy, given that each car just fills its tank to the maximum during each pitstop. Often they'll be making pitstops within three laps of the end of the race due to this. Tyre wear doesnt seem to reset during the pitstops either, so their performance drops bigtime over the course of the race.

One of the best sims I've played was Toca2 (not to be confused with Toca Race Driver 2). This was brilliant fun - based on the 1998 BTCC campaign. The cars handled as you'd expect overpowered and undergripped touring cars should, the AI were fantastic to race against, and there were some pretty cool unlocks which would give you some awesome fun. Think moon physics coupled with an increased damage multiplier. Serious fun right there! :cool:

Ottobon, interesting you should mention BF1942. The Battle of Britain flyboys map often saw people organise circuit races in the jeeps (there was a pretty good course on the German side of the map that would often see action). It'd be great sport - especially if you picked up a Spitfire or Messer and strafed the crap out of them. :D

Last edited:
to me it has to be LFS~
very good physics engine, as long as u don't crash into anything, and a pretty decent online community if u buy the license to keep u busy racing~ =)

my 2nd choices are going to be GPL, NR2003 and Richard Burns Rally, all completely different from each other but their car behaviour all seems very good~ =)

I don't get to play the sim racing games to much because of school and the need to have a keyboard in front of me instead of a wheel but when I do it's usually rFactor.

LFS > ToCA 3 > GT4 > Race 07 > GTR2. In that order

LFS is simply the best racing game i've ever played in my life. The graphics might look cheap and ugly, but because of this, you are more focused on the driving, not having to worry about unnecessary crap like moving background and slowmo jump camera etc.

It puts GT4 to shame in terms of realism.

I would say RACE 07 is better than LFS, and definitely better than TOCA 3.....

and for 4x4...best what I can think is 1nsane <_<

Wow, that brings back memories :D

My F1C arrived today. But im having a problem. I can't play RH2004 on it, as soon as i select a track, it carshes to desktop :(

I like forza 2. Its a damn good sim, and it has all the cool car upgrades of the NFS type games.

For PC, its LFS all the way. I wish Racer had been better, the amount of things you can do with that game is enormous.

I like rFactor's "all car" mod; just had a 60-car race with it at Le Mans and was leading the race by a minute... only for my engine to detonate itself on the absolute last lap, heading into the last sector of the lap. :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Pole Position.

hehe, I thought of that earlier when people were posting the oldies. I can still hear the sound effects walking into the arcade, and seeing the vintage sit-down version Pole Position II over in the corner. Ahhhh, the memories :)

http://img86.imageshack.**/img86/8518/polepositioniilf2.jpg

Arcades were THE place to be when I was kid. Sadly, times have changed....

Last edited:
I like Toca Race Driver 3 quite a bit. Graphics are decent, realism is decent (not perfect by any means, but not bad either), you get a good variety of race types, and it'll run on my computer. :)