Random Thoughts....

Why is it that when you go to a grocery store that gives you a "bag credit" when you bring in your own bag...but...when you say "no bag" because you're only buying a couple things...you don't get that credit?

Because you live in San Francisco, the cesspool of misguided activism.

Seriously though, I've never heard of that one. And this is coming from a guy who saves all of his plastic bags for lining trash cans, moving stuff to college, stuffing with dirty clothes when he goes to China...suck it, environmentalists!

So I went to an amusement park this weekend and quickly got bored with some of the duller rides so I spiced them up with an outrageously over-the-top low budget horror movie scream. Basically it sounded like I was being chopped up by a chainsaw while zombies pulled out my liver and ate it. I got some weird looks when I did that on the swinging ship ride. :lol:

I also experienced the slowest bumper cars in the world. I could have pushed the thing faster that it was going. But that didn't stop us from boxing in one of our friends and keeping him stuck the whole time. Somehow I also managed to convince that friend to join me in the very last row on The Beast. I think most of my internal organs are still dislodged from their normal locations. Man I love that ride!
Mental image:

FunGoRound.jpg

screaming.jpg

Because you live in San Francisco, the cesspool of misguided activism.

I think it has more to do with the store arming itself against people who come in for a packet of gum and then want the bag credits. It's a money thing.

So I went to an amusement park this weekend and quickly got bored with some of the duller rides so I spiced them up with an outrageously over-the-top low budget horror movie scream. Basically it sounded like I was being chopped up by a chainsaw while zombies pulled out my liver and ate it. I got some weird looks when I did that on the swinging ship ride. :lol:

I do the same, but with a death-metal grunt. I've gotten some weird looks when people hear *GURGLEGURGLEGROWLGURGLEGROWL* from a passing roller-coaster train.

Last edited:
I phail at revising for physics tests. Structure of Atoms is a mindfuck for me.. call me stupid if you must! :p

You really should get cracking on that. I use my knowledge of atomic structure all the time in my daily life. Heck I'd be dead right now if when I was merging onto the interstate yesterday I didn't understand how helium bonds with carbon to form a complex molecule.

A: it doesn't (or was that a trick question???)

I think it has more to do with the store arming itself against people who come in for a packet of gum and then want the bag credits. It's a money thing.

Yeah, if you're buying a lot of stuff and bring your own canvas bags, each one will probably replace 2-3 plastic ones, but if you're not buying much in the first place, they're not going to give you a discount for saving *one* bag.

You really should get cracking on that. I use my knowledge of atomic structure all the time in my daily life. Heck I'd be dead right now if when I was merging onto the interstate yesterday I didn't understand how helium bonds with carbon to form a complex molecule.

I hear ya man, one time when I was merging, I got confused and thought for a second that the C-H bonds in ethane were sp? hybridized instead of sp? hybridized, and I nearly got run over by a semi! :shock:

I hear ya man, one time when I was merging, I got confused and thought for a second that the C-H bonds in ethane were sp? hybridized instead of sp? hybridized, and I nearly got run over by a semi! :shock:

Thanks for bringing back the horrors of 10th grade Honors Chemistry III! :unsure:

I think I'm in love....

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/mcy/795920481.html

I'm starting to re-think my lust for the VFR. It's a fantastic bike, but my Magna is already capable for of doing sport touring type rides. I think something more sporty is in order and I like the look of the Z1000. I feel dirty though, it's not a Honda.

^I usually don't like Kawasakis, but this is the one I would own in a heartbeat! They sound great, go for it if you can!

I can't afford it, but I hope to get another bike with my settlement money when that happens.

--probably not worth making a thread about--

I was just reading Ottobon's thread about auto trans fluid and it got me wondering something about the Buick.

when I give the car anywhere from half gas to almost WOT the engine?transmission doesn't seem to know what gear to put me in as I accelerate and the whole car sort of shudders as I go.

when I floor it (not often because of Gas$) it seems pretty much alright.

and another thing, its also been randomly downshifting around lower speed turns when it never used to.

anybody know what might be causing this?

... And now for something completely different.

A light plane was left dangling from power cables for two hours today after the pilot forgot to take his dosage of anti-fail pills.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/7568045.stm

Apparently old people don't belong in planes just as they don't belong in cars!

Random thought: if you spin a microwave backwards, does it make food colder?

:mrgreen:

I think I'm in love....

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/mcy/795920481.html

I'm starting to re-think my lust for the VFR. It's a fantastic bike, but my Magna is already capable for of doing sport touring type rides. I think something more sporty is in order and I like the look of the Z1000. I feel dirty though, it's not a Honda.

Thats a nice bike and one of my faves. Honda just hasn't made many good naked bikes lately. The 919 is ok but not great.

Apparently old people don't belong in planes just as they don't belong in cars!
I beg to differ! The best flight instructor I ever had was 72. I learned more from him in a few months than I learned in over a year up to that point. It was almost like he could correct my mistakes before I made them.

I beg to differ! The best flight instructor I ever had was 72. I learned more from him in a few months than I learned in over a year up to that point. It was almost like he could correct my mistakes before I made them.

True, experience does speak for a lot. But not in the case of my 130-year old Skid School teacher who didn't know what I meant when I asked if I was supposed to "gun it". I'm surprised his head didn't come off in a puff of dust after the first few runs.

I unchecked myself from the NSFW sub-forum. The more I see what people are into, the less I want to know about them. It's kind of creepy, you know?

So to sum it up, I like a lot of people on this board, but I don't want to see what you beat off to. Or, have an image in my head of said person fapping.