Porsche Panamera Battles Aston Martin Rapide at the Ring

those who are saying that cars like these does not make sense, rubbish! I'll give you an example.. you are 35 years old, 2 kids, and a hefty income. You want something exciting to drive, but you also want 4 doors to take your kids to places, you don't want an ordinary and boring foor-door saloon (5 series, E-class, A6) or an ugly SUV, and you'd like a bit of style. What are you going to get?

A four-door Mazzer. It has more presence than these two and has a more natural 4-door look, yet still being stylish and fast; or maybe an XJR Jag, for the same reasons.

A four-door Mazzer. It has more presence than these two and has a more natural 4-door look, yet still being stylish and fast; or maybe an XJR Jag, for the same reasons.

Yeah, but we're talking exotic cars here. The Maserati is hardly an exotic, let alone the Jag.

Plus, the Panamera and Rapide aren't supposed to have a natural 4-door stance, they're supposed to be coupes like the CLS. At least that was my understanding.

Yeah, but we're talking exotic cars here. The Maserati is hardly an exotic, let alone the Jag.

Plus, the Panamera and Rapide aren't supposed to have a natural 4-door stance, they're supposed to be coupes like the CLS. At least that was my understanding.

Maserati is not exotic?:lol:

Ok , so i willl go and buy my MC12 just like some one buys a Golf or a Focus<_<

BTW if you consider Porsche more exotic than maserati you know almost nothing about cars

Maserati is not exotic?:lol:

Ok , so i willl go and buy my MC12 just like some one buys a Golf or a Focus<_<

BTW if you consider Porsche more exotic than maserati you know almost nothing about cars

Jesus, don't get your panties in a knot. I was just talking about the Quattroporte, which is cheaper than these cars.

Heck. the Quattorporte is cheaper than half the AMGs I see in this city.

In other words: I could have bought myself a nice Maserati Quattroporte, but I desperately need to show that I have more money than sense, so I got the ugly Porsche Panamera.

Besides, the Panamera and the Rapide are not coupes, count the doors carefully. They're ugly saloons, just like the CLS. In fact, the Panamera is even a hatchback, as if the Opel Signum wasn't bad enough of an idea.

i'd get a quattroporte over any merc every time

What happened to the good old days? When Volkswagen made decent cars for the masses. Mercedes and BMW built competing luxury cars for the world market. Audi was the little bitch. And Porsche was left to sort out the German sports car industry. It was all for the good of the motherland. Now they're all competing for a piece of each others pie and it's not going to end well.

those who are saying that cars like these does not make sense, rubbish! I'll give you an example.. you are 35 years old, 2 kids, and a hefty income. You want something exciting to drive, but you also want 4 doors to take your kids to places, you don't want an ordinary and boring foor-door saloon (5 series, E-class, A6) or an ugly SUV, and you'd like a bit of style. What are you going to get?

Your logic and reasoning is highly subjective and not exactly correct. For example, i'm almost 35 and i find a sporty 5 series FAR more exciting, prestigious and less embarassing/absurd that cars that look like the Panamera/Rapide.

You want a properly designed 4 door coupe? Look at a Merc CLS.

Yep, but that is the rational of ninety percent of buyers of high-end, luxury, quasi-sporty saloons. Mark my words these two cars, especially the Panamera will sell like snow cones in hell. Every car Porsche releases like this is a nudge closer to Lotus for me.

Yep, but that is the rational of ninety percent of buyers of high-end, luxury, quasi-sporty saloons. Mark my words these two cars, especially the Panamera will sell like snow cones in hell. Every car Porsche releases like this is a nudge closer to Lotus for me.

I'm not saying they won't sell, they'll sell a LOT, the Cayenne and other cars have already demonstrated there are lots of ppl with $$ and no sense/taste, and cars will always be built to fill that market segment, but i'm arguing with the guy above that desire for cars like the Panamera/Rapide reflects good taste, because most of us forum members with sense clearly know they reflect poor taste.

^Oh, God yes!

pNewHero.jpg

Err, except the VW Touareg, Mercedes ML, BMW X5, Audi Q7, and Range Rover Sport. Well maybe also the, Noble M12 and Lotus Europa. And then when the Panamera is released, there is gonna be the, BMW 3 series including the M3 and 335i, BMW 5 Series including the M5, Lexus IS including the IS-F, Cadillac CTS, Audi A6, S6, RS6, Alfa Romeo 159, Jaguar XF, Maserati Quattroporte, Mercedes CL and E class including the CLS, and the Volvo S60. So yeah, really pretty much only the Boxster and the 911 are in a league of their own.

*cough* Bugatti EB112 *cough*
http://img371.imageshack.**/img371/4750/1993bugattieb1122lp1.jpg

Also... Do auto manufacturers call each up and schedule these types of things, or was it purely a coincidence that both the Porsche and the Aston were at the 'ring on the same day? Or... does the 'ring set aside certain days for manufacturer testing?

Jesus, don't get your panties in a knot. I was just talking about the Quattroporte, which is cheaper than these cars.

Heck. the Quattorporte is cheaper than half the AMGs I see in this city.

But being cheaper doesnt mean that it is less exotic ;)

For example a Ferrari F355 now costs around 65000? here , and a S80 D5 Executive Geartronic costs around 70000?.

Which is more exotic ? ;)

Just my opinion

On-Topic- Both cars ( mainly the Porsche) look weird :blink:

*cough* Bugatti EB112 *cough*
http://img371.imageshack.**/img371/4750/1993bugattieb1122lp1.jpg

Also... Do auto manufacturers call each up and schedule these types of things, or was it purely a coincidence that both the Porsche and the Aston were at the 'ring on the same day? Or... does the 'ring set aside certain days for manufacturer testing?

WOAH.

talk about a similiar shape. :blink:

I think both of these cars are hideous. Too long to be that low. It's difficult to tell that the Panamera is even a Porsche, which is bad...

What happened to the good old days? When Volkswagen made decent cars for the masses. Mercedes and BMW built competing luxury cars for the world market. Audi was the little bitch. And Porsche was left to sort out the German sports car industry. It was all for the good of the motherland. Now they're all competing for a piece of each others pie and it's not going to end well.

Not going to end well? Are you a member of Greenpeace?
As a result of this civil war we've received the Veyron, the 600 hp RS6, and all sorts of other goodies. Fight on, Vaterland!

But being cheaper doesnt mean that it is less exotic ;)

For example a Ferrari F355 now costs around 65000? here , and a S80 D5 Executive Geartronic costs around 70000?.

Which is more exotic ? ;)

Just my opinion

On-Topic- Both cars ( mainly the Porsche) look weird :blink:

Oh come on, you're comparing a car that's at least a decade old with a brand new car.

Fact of the matter is, Maserati are neither as exotic nor as exlusive as Aston and Ferrari... and higher-end Porsches like the 911 turbo/GT2/GT3 to me are more exotic.