The "Things that annoy me" thread

Ordered something from a NY based company online. It was shipped from their Hong Kong facility via Fedex International Overnight Priority. Got it about 2 weeks ago, but today I got a customs bill from FedEx. Its not my problem that the item I wanted was out of Hong Kong, and their website didn't say that this particular item is coming from an international location, so now I'm going to have to try to argue with them because I'm not paying this bullshit.

Something similar happened to me a while ago. I ordered something from a presumably Swiss website (the domain ended in .ch and the site was in German), only to discover that the actual shipment will be done from the Netherlands and that on top of the listed price that the shop gave me I would also have to pay a fee for customs handling the shipment, which amounted to 30% on top of the total value of the whole purchase.

Last edited:
People who double park, blocking a lane, right next to (and blocking) an open parking space.
They might have parked when the now open parking space was occupied and the car which stood there got out afterwards. Still, double parking and blocking a lane can be avoided by just parking a block or so away, but then again you have to walk to your destination...

They might have parked when the now open parking space was occupied and the car which stood there got out afterwards. Still, double parking and blocking a lane can be avoided by just parking a block or so away, but then again you have to walk to your destination...

No, I mean there's a line of parked cars, with one open space...and instead of parking in that spot to wait, they parked NEXT to it, both blocking the spot and the lane of traffic.

XgUHe7f.png

Whoa, you saw four F40s parked like that? Why didn't you take a picture? :p

Nah, that's of course a dick move...

Whoa, you saw four F40s parked like that? Why didn't you take a picture? :p

My phone was busy Snap Chat live-streaming me doing the "drive backwards with your eyes closed going the wrong way down a one-way-street challenge" and only got this diagram from the forensic accident reconstructors who used mid 80's Chryslers in their recreation of the scene of the crime and they...umm...don't swag...or...twerky...crunk...

fuck it, I'm going to bed.

Someone sent me something via snail mail, and I wasn't at home to receive it. Instead I got a card saying I can pick it up at the local post office from tomorrow - and that I have to pay ?2.75 Nachentgelt - meaning that whoever sent it has not put enough postage on it.
I have no fucking idea what it could be - I'm not waiting for any deliveries - so I won't retrieve it. The post can send it back to wherever it came from...

Someone sent me something via snail mail, and I wasn't at home to receive it. Instead I got a card saying I can pick it up at the local post office from tomorrow - and that I have to pay ?2.75 Nachentgelt - meaning that whoever sent it has not put enough postage on it.
I have no fucking idea what it could be - I'm not waiting for any deliveries - so I won't retrieve it. The post can send it back to wherever it came from...

Can you call and ask the post office who its from before paying/accepting? Maybe you can figure out what it is that way? Or maybe its a family member sending a surprise something with accidentally not enough postage.

Meanwhile, I called the seller of the item I bought that was charged FedEx customs fees for and they said there must've been some mistake and they will take care of it for me.

Last edited:

Can you call and ask the post office who its from before paying/accepting? Maybe you can figure out what it is that way? Or maybe its a family member sending a surprise something with accidentally not enough postage.

Meanwhile, I called the seller of the item I bought that was charged FedEx customs fees for and they said there must've been some mistake and they will take care of it for me.

Could it be a post card from a FGer?

Goddamn truck driver for my delivery waited until 4:40 to call in sick for his 5:00AM delivery (already missing the pickup at 4:00AM). Additional crew drove by my jobsite...and not seeing the delivery truck, they just turned around and went back across the bay without calling me.

Supposed to finish job by 7:30AM, but instead are working on it until 10:00AM. I go to my next job-site where someone is to meet me there between 11:00 and 1pm. Just got a text that he's running late at 1:11.

God damnit. i was supposed to have almost 4 hours of time to get some other work done in-between, and I've wasted almost 5 hours now when I could have been working on other things.

Last edited:
Can you call and ask the post office who its from before paying/accepting?
No, because 1. I know that post office and their "enthusiasm" and 2. they wouldn't even be allowed to tell me on the phone due to privacy reasons.

I could go there, identify myself and refuse to accept the letter/package after seeing it. But that would require me to actually go there and stand in line for the usual 15 minutes, and I can't think of anything important enough...

Last edited:
Aren't you curious to know what it is that I sent you?:cry:

(It wasn't me.)

But it could be!

If I had his address...

When you have a great reply to someone's post and the thread gets locked.

Ordered a pizza online from a chain at 9:20. Got my email confirmation that it will be ready for pick-up at 9:40.

I get there at 9:35 and check in. "It'll be ready at 9:55". Wait, what? Whatever...not in a hurry, but fine.

9:55 comes around. "Your order's ready for Kia." I'm a white man, not very likely to be named Kia.

Me: "What's the order?"
Them: "A large veggie and 2 bottles or root beer."

It wasn't my order. I ask about the order for my name...they don't have a record for it.

They agree to take my order and give me a 15% discount after a manager comes out and verifies that my order confirmation does have their address on it and I was, in fact, in the right location.

When I re-explain my order, the manager is getting visibly upset at his confusion of my order. "I want the special pizza, but I only want the bacon on half, and on the other I want mushroom." He kept thinking that I wanted the mushroom on the side WITH the bacon, and then kept thinking I wanted another ingredient somewhere.

Finally, when my order's done, one of the guys shouts "order's ready!" loud enough to be heard through the whole restaurant even though I'm the only one in the place and sitting 6 ft away. They place my pizza on the counter, and they all go into the back room/area and never say "thank you" or "Sorry for he mix-up! Here's the number for customer service to make sure you don't get charged for the online order. Have a great night!"

And it's not like a "Kids these days!" thing as the manager was right around my own age, if not pushin' 40.

To be fair though, maybe it wasn't their fault but a software glitch or something. But in any case, bad customer service sucks, especially when the customer is not at fault and has done nothing wrong.

With all the faffing around, the discount and the (apparently) super complicated layout of the pizza they probably didn't make much money from that particular order anyway, so maybe they just didn't care enough.

And also - correct me if I'm wrong - the people working in (fast food) restaurants generally don't earn that much to begin with, combined with the fact that they sometimes have to work weekends and stupidly late shifts, so I can understand that some of them might get a bit grumpy when something goes wrong and they have to deal with an upset customer or people generally looking down at them (not that any of you do this, but I know that there are certain kinds of people that treat service personnel like shit).

Last edited:
To be fair though, maybe it wasn't their fault but a software glitch or something.

I don't doubt that one bit. I could see them scrolling through orders, and mine never appeared.

But in any case, bad customer service sucks, especially when the customer is not at fault and has done nothing wrong.

If it was just the computer issue, I wouldn't have posted about it. The fact that there was the other layers is what got to me.

the (apparently) super complicated layout of the pizza

I actually had to draw out the pizza on the back of some receipt paper to communicate, "On one half, replace the bacon with mushroom".

And also - correct me if I'm wrong - the people working in (fast food) restaurants generally don't earn that much to begin with

Actually, fast food workers are some of the best paid professionals in the US. Nurses and engineers are so hard to find because so many drop out of school to work in the highly lucrative "chain/franchise pizza restaurant" industry. The vast majority of Silicon Valley venture capital investment has transferred over from cloud technology and social media platforms to oregano, garlic twists, and sun-dried tomatoes. [/cheeky sarcarm]

combined with the fact that they sometimes have to work weekends and stupidly late shifts, so I can understand that some of them might get a bit grumpy when something goes wrong and they have to deal with an upset customer or people generally looking down at them (not that any of you do this, but I know that there are certain kinds of people that treat service personnel like shit).

Oh, I GET that. I worked retail/customer service for 15+ years including food service. Combine that with my own social neurosis and I'm very very aware of how I interact with folks on the other side of the counter now. only a few keys times and I doing anything but smiling and joking and trying to keep the mood light. So in this case, they either had lots of stress today before I got there, or they just have shitty customer service skills in general...no way to know for sure from this visit.

Either way, it was an annoying experience.