The "Things that annoy me" thread

Do you have an iPhone 5 or newer? The jacks get plugged with dust and can impede the connection. If you straighten a paper clip and dig from side to side, you get crap pulled out.

That's a good way to short out the Lightning connector and cause damage to the phone. Use something nonconductive or some compressed air.

JUST FIX IT ALREADY. GOSH.

Do you have an iPhone 5 or newer? The jacks get plugged with dust and can impede the connection. If you straighten a paper clip and dig from side to side, you get crap pulled out.

No Samsung A3, but have had that happen and it's not that, cleaned it out with a bent piece of cardboard yesterday and there was really nothing in there.

Charging your phone, setting it to airplane mode (because fuck you Im asleep) and still finding it dead in the morning.

Found the culprit :
Screenshot_20170108-093731.png
Screenshot_20170108-093726.png

Dunno what it was doing that took so much power though

There's a lady that drops a kid off the same time I drop my son at school with a Navigator. Front bags are blown and it just pains me to watch her drive the thing.
If it's just the front bags, then:
frd-23519r.jpg

Charging your phone, setting it to airplane mode (because fuck you Im asleep) and still finding it dead in the morning.

Found the culprit :
View attachment 17894
View attachment 17895

Dunno what it was doing that took so much power though
Yeah. Don't use that. There are so many other options that haven't done shady shit like Es has.

LR9R1LS.jpg

Thrid time in less than a week.

Hasn't hit me yet....

Hasn't hit me yet....

I'm a bit suspect of this website. I don't know if they just always show a lot of red, but everytime my internets gone down, they were showing Detroit as red. I guess I could check the official Comcast status, but you need to login for that and fuck that noise.

Ours isn't down, but it's incredibly slow. Like...YouTube 144p plays for 3 seconds, then buffers for 8-20 seconds. Rebooted everything, has AT&T also remotely reboot modem, and no bueno.

It's been raining the most heavily, and most steadily in the 6 years we've lived in this house. Back yard is flooded, and we just checked the 13"H crawlspace under the house, and it's flooded. Fuckin' A... Still raining, will be all day, and another big storm between tomorrow and Tuesday.

Last edited:
Ours isn't down, but it's incredibly slow. Like...YouTube 144p plays for 3 seconds, then buffers for 8-20 seconds. Rebooted everything, has AT&T also remotely reboot modem, and no bueno.

Yup. Mine just came back up, and Youtube only is working at 144p like you described.

Hmm...lemme check the status on that Amazon order that was supposed to deliver today...

sQA5FKv.png

Amazon status: "On time"

5094238a8a43b902b4af9a13b5560694.gif

Last edited:
But it's sunday

But it's sunday

But I live in a part of the world where that doesn't matter. ;)

Seriously...we get stuff on Sunday all the time. I don't know where else they have it, but they have their own delivery company here: AMZL.

The other two things that I ordered at the same time last night (at about 10:30p), which I only added to pass the $35 amount to get the free one-day shipping (I needed it today anyway, and would have paid for the shipping), arrived early this afternoon.

Last edited:
Hmm...lemme check the status on that Amazon order that was supposed to deliver today...

sQA5FKv.png

Amazon status: "On time"

5094238a8a43b902b4af9a13b5560694.gif

They waited until yesterday to ship it, this time via UPS, and now UPS tells me there's a delay and I won't get it until at least tomorrow...for something I ordered specifically to have it on Sunday, and added extra stuff to the order to get the free shipping to get it on time.

Along those line, my latest Amazon order yesterday

oMup4CJ.png

The same order today

Gocz7iB.png

We'll see if I get it in 3 days, but I'm not holding my breath. This will be my 3rd order in a row where Amazon drops the ball on the shipping. The worst part is that there is no documentation or notification of the status change. I just happened to have the screenshot saved because they've pulled this before, and I need ammo for when I call them to complain on the morning of the 14th and still don't have my stuff.

Last edited: