Lens Flair

Enough with all the flowers, go mushrooms :p

full

And one question to Jayhawk: How much better is the 17-70 over the kit 18-55? While away I realised how much better my 70-300 is (much clearer, better perspective, sharper etc), and wondered whether the 17-70 would be much more like that. So is it worth the ?250?

I am not sure on that Dave; I have a Tamron 17-50mm with a fixed f stop of 2.8. For a lens like a 17-70mm, you may want to get intouch with Icebone, I know he has one made by Sigma. One thing I am VERY sure of is the wonders of fixed f stops, you have so much more to play with.

And here is my mushroom picture.
https://pic.armedcats.net/j/ja/jayhawk/2008/08/24/DSC_3289.jpg

I'd rather have a fixed f/2.8 stop, but f/4 @ 70 is still sweet. You can see from my pics on flickr what it's capable of. I got it through Alok for 40% less than I would pay locally. The zoom ring is very heavy, which I like, it has a lock button @ 17mm, but it's useless, since the mechanism is too heavy to let any movement on it's own. The HSM is very quick and accurate, especially with AF-C. It's a great daily lens, I love it to bits!

I am not sure on that Dave; I have a Tamron 17-50mm with a fixed f stop of 2.8.

Ah my bad I thought u had the 17-70. So I guess you use the 17-50 as a dedicated macro lens...? But still I am only very lightly (my next purchase will be a flash - sucks that the D50 doesn't do slave stuff) looking to replace the 18-55, but that is VERY lightly. Thanks anyway.

It's a toy, he's trying to fool you. :D

^^ Note the giant rock road...

Anyway, its technically a new day...

One of my faves from Cornwall:

And no, that isn't me.

Yes, but also notice that it gets tiny towards the car, the only way it seems that big is because the cam is actually on the ground. If it truly is a toy car, the photo is remarkably well done.

It's a great picture, already gave him a posi rep.

That's the fly agaric which is the cute red mushroom we all know from cartoons (and Mario), but it also happens to be hallucinogenic.

I wonder if Raparperi ate some of them? :p That would be stupid though, they're poisonous.

I wonder if Raparperi ate some of them? :p That would be stupid though, they're poisonous.

Nah, I know better not to touch them, but I had my hands full trying to hold back our daughter since there were a bunch of those mushrooms right at the edge of a playground we visited yesterday :) Bright red funny looking things like those are like a magnet for little children...

Looking through the last pages, one could think some folks spend a lot of time in flower shops :p

Must restore balance with some race bikes from yesterday:

mgp03.jpg