Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

I am so very tempted to just strip everything from the Miata. Carpets, sound deadening, soft top, stereo, spare tire. Then fit a exhaust, air filter, some light rims, and roll bar, and just haul ass everywhere.

I am so very tempted to just strip everything from the Miata. Carpets, sound deadening, soft top, stereo, spare tire. Then fit a exhaust, air filter, some light rims, and roll bar, and just haul ass everywhere.

What are you going to do if it rains?
Say screw it and haul ass in circles?

^Donuts.

It's great that a car so ordinary in Europe is something of a rarity to someone in North America.
Then again, I saw a late '80s Dodge Dynasty the other week (blood-red interior) and found that almost exciting :p

yeah, I saw a crysler le baron the other day, and was like omfgwtf?

^ The shape of the cab reminds me a lot of another pickup... something from Nissan maybe? I don't know pickup truck models.

But why shouldn't VW make a truck? If Honda has one and is supposed to be a great truck, I don't see why these guys can't.

Maybe it reminds you of the Chevy El Camino, but that's more "car-like", the VW concept is a bigger one, with more ground clearance and so on.

Maybe it reminds you of the Chevy El Camino, but that's more "car-like", the VW concept is a bigger one, with more ground clearance and so on.

El Camino? Nope, don't think so... this VW truck seems like a full-on pickup to me, not a coupe with a bed attached to the back.

I think I had the Nissan Frontier in mind... but searching GIS, I now realize most trucks are shaped just like that.

If anyone remembers me saying I saw a Renault Clio up here at school, well, I found it again. :woot:

0917081022.jpg

I was late for class so that was the only picture I could take, hopefully its still there later. I've always liked the Clio, but now I'm actually impressed. If it was sold here I would have to think about buying one of this generation.

I'm actually more impressed that you've managed to find one with a roof rack!
I've never ever seen one with a rack...and I see thousands of them every day

El Camino? Nope, don't think so... this VW truck seems like a full-on pickup to me, not a coupe with a bed attached to the back.
Shawn referred to the shape of the cab, and as the actual pictures of the prototype in that article are from a Toyota Hilux with VW-internals I think he referred to the picture in the upper right corner of the article which shows the outlines of the new VW pickup. That shape is El Camino-like, or isn't it? ;)

^ Spot on, it is the Hilux I was thinking of. +1 :)

Well, if you would have read the article it states that the pics are from a Hilux. ;)
Since the spy pics we showed you back in April were of a Toyota HiLux body sitting atop VW internals [...]

Heh, saw the old family 850R yesterday. Still looks like it did the day we sold it. Quite frankly, surprised it's still running!