Transparent pool table

Alasondro Alegré

Forum Addict
The G1 glass top pool table from Australia-based Nottage Design is an incredible fusion of modern styling and new technology. Featuring a patented transparent resin playing surface called Vitrik, the G1 plays just like a felt-topped table, only with a toughened glass top replacing the standard slate surface. According to the designer, the G1 creates a ?stunning floating on air effect as the balls glide smoothly and quietly.? This unique glass pool table also incorporates an integrated ball return mechanism within its modern metal frame.

The transparent pool table concept was devised by Craig Nottage as part of an assignment during his final year of industial design courses at the University of South Australia.

We?ve got to give Nottage props. This is the most forward-thinking pool table we?ve ever come across. Priced at $39,900 Australian dollars (U.S. $25,150), the G1 glass pool table is also priced in line with many of the other top custom pool tables on the market.

http://www.ballerhouse.com/2009/02/01/g1-the-worlds-first-transparent-pool-table

g1.jpg

c9ac8666542062b3d7ed51049cfacd2e.jpg

7a4bceb8065f39350594d3919d30c7f1.jpg

[YOUTUBE]r92ddHb9u4Y[/YOUTUBE]

And now a word from the Final Gear Geriatric Society:

NO! I prefer my pool tables oldschool, rugged and with a surface you need to put some effort into to wipe beer off!

It is awesome though and if someone gave it to me I wouldn't turn it away.

I want everything in my house to look like that.

If it's plastic you are going to put scratches into it every time you play. And I bet polishing those out destroys the special surface.

The design is pretty sweet though. It reminds me of the table Norman Foster designed.
I wanted to get one of those with a black granite surface but unfortunately it got too expensive.
nomos.JPG

Wouldn't it be frustrating to play on? I assume it's much more slippery than the usual fabric.

It has some kind of coating that is supposed to give it the same resistance as a proper felt cloth.

I want one of those! That looks epic.

Awesome. Will be on my Shopping list after i finish redoing the guest room.

26,000 USD? Very cool though. Not that I'll ever spend that kind of money on a pool table I'd want to try it out first to see how true their statement is that is performs the same as typical cloth.

Last edited:
Looks like it belongs in Blofeld's game room. :thumbup:

And to think I learned to play on my Grandfathers' 1918 Brunswick table. How times have changed :hmm:

And now a word from the Final Gear Geriatric Society:

NO! I prefer my pool tables oldschool, rugged and with a surface you need to put some effort into to wipe beer off!

It is awesome though and if someone gave it to me I wouldn't turn it away.

What he said.

I want to see a picture of a stormtrooper and Darth Vader playing pool on that table. Once that happens my life will be complete. Oh and winner plays Boba Fett.