The "Things that annoy me" thread

You need to toss the salad.

Just do it yourself like a normal person?

They're using otherwise unemployed people for it. So it's a good deed in a way.

And I'm too lazy for that kind of stuff, no problem admitting that. Wouldn't you do it, too, for 9 Euros a month? :D

I hate it when you get a salad and all the dressing has settled to the bottom. Then you put more dressing on it, thinking there isn't enough on there, and when you reach the bottom, there's a small kiddie pool worth of dressing there that you didn't think to look for.

Drat.

Do it in shots.

Mhmm, dressing goodness!

They're using otherwise unemployed people for it. So it's a good deed in a way.

And I'm too lazy for that kind of stuff, no problem admitting that. Wouldn't you do it, too, for 9 Euros a month? :D

ATM I am teh poor and unemployed, so no.

Actually, can I come and shovel snow for you? :mrgreen:

Sure but you have to bring your own shovel, because I haven't got one :p

People that live in areas where it snows whining about the freaking snow.

I love the snow. I'm only whining about the fact, that most of the drivers here go into a kind of "paralysed in fear" state, whenever the first flakes fall. For example I needed half an hour to drive to work, instead of normally 10 minutes. All because of frightened folks who wouldn't do more than 25 km/h.

I love the snow. I'm only whining about the fact, that most of the drivers here go into a kind of "paralysed in fear" state, whenever the first flakes fall. For example I needed half an hour to drive to work, instead of normally 10 minutes. All because of frightened folks who wouldn't do more than 25 km/h.

YES! I noticed that too! But you are still lucky, here you can find people driving around in the snow at less than 20 km/h. But in the middle of the road, since they fear getting stuck or skidding away otherwise.

Oh yes, I experienced that a lot. As soon as there is the slightest hint of snow on or anywhere near the road everyone seems to think they are going off the road if they drive faster than walking pace, even on cleared roads. That circumstance is quite annoying because I love driving in the snow (at least it's somewhat of a challenge and you have to be much more focused) but I'm always stuck behind someone who won't exceed half the speed limit.

One of those freaked-out drivers was so slow today that I overtook her in a 30-kph-zone without breaking the limit.

This ad and this song annoy me and my dad

[YOUTUBE]oT2idh99bpw[/YOUTUBE]

YES YES YES. That commercial is on all the time, and I can't stand it! I've actually been thinking of posting it on the annoying commercials thread, but I couldn't bear to search for it on youtube and thus subject myself to yet another listen. I'm not sure why I hate it so much, but I do.

I'm not sure why I hate it so much, but I do.

It's the music!

Also, a big "Fuck you!" to the game designers that think a beat'em'up like Tekken 6 has to be impossibly hard.
Seriously, your game has a shitton of difficulty settings, from 'Easy' to 'UltraHard', so why do you still try to fuck me over when I'm playing on easy?
Do you really have to make a boss that is at least ten times as hard as every other enemy before him? And does he have to ignore every fundamental cornerstone of the game's rules? Because, you know, an enemy that can block every attack, in every situation, even when he's attacking himself, is not fun... it's wrong! :mad: :shakefist: :mad::censored::mad:
:blowup:

What annoys me is crashing the car 4 times in a year. The fourth was yesterday into a wall in an multi-story parking. First snow here and it was slippery, and I was going REALLY slow, turned the wheel, but it went on straight - boom. Small boom, but since it's from Japan and it's small so had to go to the works.

:glare:

LOL, I wasn't refering to you. We got about an inch of snow the other day and my neighbor was whining about sweeping off the sidewalk. But I also hate the peeps that live here and forget from year to year how to drive in snow. I think I posted it somewhere here before, But why do they insist on driving when they know they are terrible drivers? If the snow is that scarey, move south!

A thing that annoys me at the moment is my ISP, 1&1. I have a 16 Mbit DSL line from them, complete with phone, mobile phone and whatnot, pretty much the whole package. A few months ago, I saw they now offer 50 Mbit. Thinking of V8-powered pr0n internet, I thought: "I have to have that nao!!!11!!!!one!!".

No problem then, I just log into my control center and change my contract. Thing is: you can only apply for the quick line, not order it as such. Better than nothing, so I applied for it with my e-mail address. And then ... nothing happened. No confirmation, no nothing. So I applied for it again two weeks later. And again a week later. Still nothing.

Then, I sent an e-mail to their customer service, asking whether I can has 50 Mbits. The answer: "Certainly, sir! Just log into your control center and apply for it.". <_<

I replied that I already did three times, and that I never got an answer. Ironically, I never received an answer to that e-mail as well. So I called their quite capable hotline and asked the guy at the other end whether I can has 50 Mbit, pretty please?! He checked and confirmed that it is available where I live. "Great!", I said, "so what do I need to do to get it?" ... "You need to log into your control center and apply for it." ... "I did, three times already. And I never received any kind of answer, let alone a confirmation." ... "Can't help you with that, sir.".

Great! So now, I just have to hope I am on their waiting list, and despite technically being able to have 50 Mbit, I can't. :mad:

Last edited:
One of those freaked-out drivers was so slow today that I overtook her in a 30-kph-zone without breaking the limit.

this. We have massive snow ATM so everyone is going "Oh (s)NOEZ! I will die if I drive 25 or above!!!1111eleven!!!!"

when it's perfectly safe to do 40or 50ish depending on the road.
My neighbour is the worst though, she drives an old brick of a Volvo at a measured (by me since I was behind) speed of 18 kph. EIGHTEEN.
Unless the snow got real thick, then she went a whopping 4 kph....

Get out and WALK if you're gonna drive that slow

this. We have massive snow ATM so everyone is going "Oh (s)NOEZ! I will die if I drive 25 or above!!!1111eleven!!!!"

when it's perfectly safe to do 40or 50ish depending on the road.
My neighbour is the worst though, she drives an old brick of a Volvo at a measured (by me since I was behind) speed of 18 kph. EIGHTEEN.
Unless the snow got real thick, then she went a whopping 4 kph....

Get out and WALK if you're gonna drive that slow

Yesterday I overtook 4 cars in a row, which were stuck behind a Suzuki Vitara only going 25 km/h. I have that on video. And the best part is, that the Vitara driver flashed me, when I passed him :lol:

That's another annoying thing: Because they are afraid of driving reasonably fast in winter, they expect everyone else behaving the same way. And if you don't, you get flashed or honked at by mister wannabe-schoolteacher.

Incapable of using the indicator right and getting cramps in the arms, because of holding the steering wheel with white knuckles, but always ready to flash the lights at you. Morons...

Last edited:
A thing that annoys me at the moment is my ISP, 1&1. I have a 16 Mbit DSL line from them, complete with phone, mobile phone and whatnot, pretty much the whole package. A few months ago, I saw they now offer 50 Mbit. Thinking of V8-powered pr0n internet, I thought: "I have to have that nao!!!11!!!!one!!".

No problem then, I just log into my control center and change my contract. Thing is: you can only apply for the quick line, not order it as such. Better than nothing, so I applied for it with my e-mail address. And then ... nothing happened. No confirmation, no nothing. So I applied for it again two weeks later. And again a week later. Still nothing.

Then, I sent an e-mail to their customer service, asking whether I can has 50 Mbits. The answer: "Certainly, sir! Just log into your control center and apply for it.". <_<

I replied that I already did three times, and that I never got an answer. Ironically, I never received an answer to that e-mail as well. So I called their quite capable hotline and asked the guy at the other end whether I can has 50 Mbit, pretty please?! He checked and confirmed that it is available where I live. "Great!", I said, "so what do I need to do to get it?" ... "You need to log into your control center and apply for it." ... "I did, three times already. And I never received any kind of answer, let alone a confirmation." ... "Can't help you with that, sir.".

Great! So now, I just have to hope I am on their waiting list, and despite technically being able to have 50 Mbit, I can't. :mad:

If I were you I'd call their customer service and keep asking to speak with the next level manager until someone can help you. If they're still giving you the runaround, tell them you want to cancel service. Usually works for getting them to listen to you.