Random thoughts.... [Tech Edition]

BTW, what do people here use for blowing dust out of their PCs? Might as well properly clean it whilst installing a 3rd hard drive.

Compressed air, proper, not bottles. 8 bars does wonders to dust.

Last edited:
for cleaning computers i use that type of old vaccum cleaner that can suck and blow air, the not so good side of this is that the air if not properly filterd can get some nasty dust shooting on your motherboard.

12829265-M-1.jpg

iPad = giant ipod touch. FAIL.

How many USB ports do you have?

I just bought another 7-port, which brings my USB port count to 21 :lol:

3 in laptop + 4 port hub + 7 port hub + another 7 port hub :D

My netbook has 3, and I have, on at least one occasion, used them all simultaneously. 6 on the desktop which is more than enough, plus a couple on my keyboard because I salvaged an old Dell model.

Last edited:
i have 4 usb ports on the computer, 3 on the hub so in total 7. :)

is 60 Celsius idle temperature for a Geforce 260 too high ?

Yes. Idling temp should be no more than 50C. That's what I was getting on my HD4670 with the stock fan, but that fell to 30C after I put a Zalman cooler on it.

Last edited:
How many USB ports do you have?

I just bought another 7-port, which brings my USB port count to 21 :lol:

3 in laptop + 4 port hub + 7 port hub + another 7 port hub :D

10 on my PC (8 back, 2 front) +4 port hub.

Reason for hub is that my PC is under my TV and hub is on desk, so I don't have to reach down 1.5 meters every time I use a usb-stick.

Oh, and then I have 4 on my laptop and 4 on my NAS-PC.

Does anyone know why my photoshop eraser tool suddenly got all pixely? CS4 if that matters.

edit: Solved it. Somehow Layer Blending got changed to "dissolve" from "normal" which is odd...because I never went into that menu. Is there a keyboard shortcut that I might have accidentally activated?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    16 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Yes. Idling temp should be no more than 50C. That's what I was getting on my HD4670 with the stock fan, but that fell to 30C after I put a Zalman cooler on it.

Except his graphics card came equiped with horse power. My GTX 260 216 is currently idling at 56c and it is a cool night (for sydney), i don't see any problem with the idle at 60c, these cards run hot.

Thanko, the company that brought us USB-powered mittens, blankets, microscopes, pens, mice with fish in them and the electronic mailbox now brings you an 80-port USB-hub. It's so large, even the company themselves are impressed.

https://pic.armedcats.net/k/kn/knarkas/2010/01/29/129426.jpg

http://www.thanko.jp/product/usb_80port/

Last edited:
^WANT

I'll find a way to use all 80 slots soon

No data, just power.

Except his graphics card came equiped with horse power. My GTX 260 216 is currently idling at 56c and it is a cool night (for sydney), i don't see any problem with the idle at 60c, these cards run hot.

on closer inspection at 26 celsius ambient temp., the gpu runs at 69 when watching SD movies.

Finally I'm onto dual monitors. I had 2 for a bit a while ago, but the second was my TV (which is nowin the living room since theirs died) so was rarely on. But now I have a laptop -> :D

And I think I need to make myself one of these sort of things for my computer. I just haven't got a clue how to make it. Maybe some box Aluminium with holes cut in one side to have the plugs sticking out of...