Random thoughts.... [Tech Edition]

Whats the best software for editing (e.g. Stitching) DVD video files?

Sony Vegas?

How many USB ports do you have?

I just bought another 7-port, which brings my USB port count to 21 :lol:

3 in laptop + 4 port hub + 7 port hub + another 7 port hub :D

hmm,
- Laptop 3+7port hub
- server 2
- moms pc 6 (2 front, 4 back)

so only 18 :)

I've never liked USB hubs for some reason. I have one for this laptop but that's because it only has one USB port. I'm not going to count the number of USB ports in the house.

Or am I?

Edit: Yes.

1 on this laptop, or 4 with the hub. So 4
Main PC: 2 on front, 6 on back.
My Xbox 360: 3
Sister's 360: 3
Nas box: 2
Front of printer for pictbridge: 1
Old PC: 4
2 LCD TVs: 1 each.
Old Dell from work under my desk: 4

So that's 33. And I still have the manual from an LPT external CD-RW in my desk from my first PC which had no USB at all.

Last edited:
Well as long as we're counting all ports in the house

desktop: 6
netbook: 3
parents' desktop: 4
brother's desktop: 8
brother's laptop: 4
sister's laptop: 2
dad's laptop: 2
mom's netbook: 2
PS3: 4
PS2: 2
wireless router: 1
cable box: 1
locationfree player: 1
Wii: 2
probably some others I'm not thinking of...

They took Firefox off of the computers in my shop, now we're stuck with Internet Explorer. *cringe* Why does my school suck so much!

Unless they block running programs from removable storage.

I've recently discovered that our company's sysadmins haven't blocked editing of the registry, which is fortunate, since it's the only way to change the number of undo levels in Excel.

That reminds me of how we could get around application blocking with SafariScript and the Script Editor on the Macs back in middle/high school... 4-player Super Smash Bros (2 keyboards) ftw!

Here at work we have no restrictions whatsoever, though I suspect someone would be angry if I started torrenting or something.

There were a lot of student access computers on campus at college so I used to have a flash drive decked out with most of those.

Counting USB ports... so free of any sense, I'm gonna take part in it.

Main PC: 2 front, 8 back (all in use)
G15 Keyboard: 2 (1 used)
Macbook: 2 (mostly free)
Homeserver: 6 (2 used)

So... 20 on actively used machines in my apartment. The ones I have lying around, I won't even count. Also, there are a few USB hubs I used back when having a laptop as main computer, not in use now. And a 3.5" front unit with card readers and a USB port I will at some point build into the main PC... too lazy.

It is a good thing USB has replaced the other connectors for peripherals. Way simpler management.

Well, I got my shiny new WD Scorpio Blue in my laptop and after talking to literally 6 different tech support reps, I finally have my new copy of Windows 7 activated (some rubbish about it being a special kind of license and upgrade only, didn't detect previous install because new hard drive was blank and wouldn't activate.).

Taking notes with pen and paper sucks.