Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

We've got a C4, and it's not bad at all. It's pretty solidly put together. Of course, with some small hints of french imperfections. It's nice to drive, it's reasonably comfortable on long journeys, looks good and the interior is fun and futuristic, which I like.

Because the Audi looks shit and is too pricey for basically a rebadged Polo?
Because Citroen has got their funkyness back big time?

Because of the Cit's awesome finn B pillar?

why would anyone buy this:

14-2011-audi-a1.jpg

when they can get this:

02-citroen-ds3-racing.jpg

r

56080523.jpg

Last edited:
We've got a C4, and it's not bad at all. It's pretty solidly put together. Of course, with some small hints of french imperfections. It's nice to drive, it's reasonably comfortable on long journeys, looks good and the interior is fun and futuristic, which I like.

Am I the only one who thought he meant this while reading the first part?

800px-%2788_Chevrolet_Corvette_Convertible_%28Orange_Julep%29.jpg

Spectre, if you park an Audi in central Paris it will burn just as well as any French car...

Spectre, if you park an Audi in central Paris it will burn just as well as any French car...

Yes, but only French cars bring the great French tradition of burning cars home to YOU wherever you happen to live.

ALL of the French cars sold here were especially noted for bursting into flames at random intervals for no apparent reason. From reports out of Europe, that doesn't seem to have changed much. A quick Google search confirms it.

http://www.dngloz.com/cars/pictures/renault-clio-on-fire.php

renault_6.jpg

That wasn't in central Paris and it wasn't torched by 'youths.'

Different incident: http://www.thisisplymouth.co.uk/news/A38-tailbacks-car/article-1399913-detail/article.html

A CAR fire on the A38 near Saltash caused major tailbacks into Plymouth.

The Tamar Bridge and Saltash Tunnel were closed at about 3.30pm after a Renault Clio caught alight on the slip road into the town.

Another: Renault Clio II (2001 - 2007) - Car goes on fire!

My Renault Clio 1.5DCi Dymanigue went on fire on Thursday night in my driveway. The Fire Service came to put the fire out and told me they thought it was probably caused by an electrcal fault.

Not seeing much out there to indicate that they've ever fixed the fire problems with French cars.

Related: Pontiac may have been a North American make, but with a French name like that, it's no surprise they they went on fire almost as frequently as the Renault Fuego. :p Just ask the former Pontiac owners on here. :p

Last edited:
So does anyone know how to install headlight bulbs on a Toyota Echo without tearing half the skin off your knuckles before I have to pay a dealer/mechanic to install them for me?

Yes, but only French cars bring the great French tradition of burning cars home to YOU wherever you happen to live.

ALL of the French cars sold here were especially noted for bursting into flames at random intervals for no apparent reason. From reports out of Europe, that doesn't seem to have changed much. A quick Google search confirms it.

My father was driving a company Peugeot 406 with around 100k miles, when all of a sudden as he was driving at 65mph the whole electrical system burst into flames. Thank god, nobody was hurt!

Posted this in Q&A, but it might be better exposed here and a higher chance of being answered.

I was driving home for spring break today with a friend in his 1994 Honda Civic Coupe when we got pulled over for not having working taillights. I got a ticket for that, but also a Statement of Correction for Equipment Defect form. I have a question about that though. The officer said that once the car is fixed we just get that signed, and mail it in to the police station and everything will be cleared. We told him the car will be fixed Monday (today is Thursday - so 4 days from now), and he said that was fine. I was reading through the form just now and it says

If a summons is issued for an equipment violation of VTL section 375, 376, or 381, (except where both headlamps are defective and except a violation relating to service brakes or audio amplification systems), the charge will be dismissed if proof is presented to the court that the defect was corrected prior to 1/2 hour after sunset on the first full business day after issuance of summons (VTL section 376-a)

Does that mean that we actually have until tomorrow (Friday) night to fix this? I'm confused since the officer said fixing it on Monday was fine.

Edit: found a possible quick solution for the exact problem. Thank heaven.
http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?p=40605397

Still need clarification on the whole timing thing.

Last edited: