Gran Turismo 5

I wouldn't be surprised if the game included a power lap board in the game. Either rank cars by the fastest anyone has lapped the track with, or average the global times.

In for the collector's edition. Win!

How much do you think the special edition will cost?

Depending on what comes with the special edition, this may be the first time I actually buy something like that. And yes, a power lap thread is absolutely necessary (plus we can see who is a better driver than the Stig, ignoring the whole video game vs. real life thing).

http://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-5-collectors-edition-pre-order-incentives-announced/

We could also make TG-based forum challenges. Remember the guys failing at making an Avantime go as fast as an Evo around the track? Why don't we try to make it better? FWD cars only, fixed overall budget (car + tuning) -> "Beat the Evo with your FWD budget crap car" challenge is go!

GT4 had the Renault Avantime, so GT5 probably will too. Lets see how much better we can do than the TG crew.

Why do all those warbirds have "Red bull" painted on them? Does the RBR Center actually do that? o_O

I think the question should be more "Why is there a French car among great American warbirds?"

I'm not being all "America, FUCK YEAH!". Just an observation. I would ask the same if they were British or German planes.

Last edited:
Hey now, france is with us, they are our brothers. we were allies than and (i think) we still are :) (ignoring of course all that mid-war shooting we did at eachother in africa)

Speaking for all americans: Citro?n rocks!

Last edited:
I think i just wet my self!!!! Boy my chick is going to be pissed... lol

Whats the song in the video they use???

A crap one.

I still have the original, Japanese release version of GT4. And a matching white PS2 from the Prologue special edition package :p

PS2GT4P.jpg

Ah yeah, I have the original Japanese GT4 as well... I got it for CA $90...

Word through the net-tubes is that sony produced and mixed the song in that trailer...for that trailer. I cannot find any traces of it anywhere else. The lyrics don't exist outside of the trailer! I think we know why the game has taken 6 years...

Sure its not Beethoven composed masterpiece. But for a GT trailer it fits perfectly!

One question about the end of that trailer, What reaches about 400Kmph in the straight as said by Sebastian Vettel?

Every time I watch I hear something different. I'm pretty sure he is saying TWO hundred km/h

Sure its not Beethoven composed masterpiece. But for a GT trailer it fits perfectly!

One question about the end of that trailer, What reaches about 400Kmph in the straight as said by Sebastian Vettel?

Every time I watch I hear something different. I'm pretty sure he is saying TWO hundred km/h
I'm positive he says "400 kilometres an hour". Also, I am sure he is referring to a Formula 1 car.

Now before you say that such a car doesn't reach such speeds, remember that when geared properly and equipped with specific (little) downforce, it can. Honda has done it.

I'm positive he says "400 kilometres an hour". Also, I am sure he is referring to a Formula 1 car.

Now before you say that such a car doesn't reach such speeds, remember that when geared properly and equipped with specific (little) downforce, it can. Honda has done it.

But is there a F1 from Red Bull that can do it?

Im a somewhat of a sucker for Gt5 trailer soundtracks and this one just grabbed me. I want a name!!

This thread on GTPlanet thinks it's from Daiki Kasho, who's Gran Turismo's in-house rock star. I agree with you btw, that song is brill and fits the trailer perfectly.

I wouldn't be surprised if the game included a power lap board in the game. Either rank cars by the fastest anyone has lapped the track with, or average the global times.

That would make me drool even more...

Last edited:

The only relevant thing I can figure is a prototype car on the Mulsanne. It sounds as if he is recording instructions for a particular circuit. 200km/h would make more sense though. Listen to it again...I think its 200.

He says 400 km/h, I'm absolutely sure. :)

Ok I just saved a minute fraction of the clip and played it on loop, then reduced the background noise in audacity and slowed the speed down. I'm positive he says 200 :)

edit: Now i'm hearing 400 again. Damn you Sebastian Vettle, damn you!!

Last edited: