Gran Turismo 5

What I'm trying to say, is that even if the interiors on non-premium cars are not as detailed, it's still better than not having an interior view at all. We know the interiors are rendered because you can see them from the outside, therefore, if interior view is left out, it's an artificial limitation to hide the low detail.

If it's like a lot of car games, they model an extremely low-poly interior to be visible from outside the car to make everything run more efficient. Games like GT5 and forza will run these interiors in any exterior view.

To whoever asked about the CE price, I remember reading $99.99 somewhere, but don't quote me on that. Oddly enough, I just reserved it last weekend after asking for years about doing so, and Lamestop telling me "No." The cashier told me "they'd been doing that for years" Really wanted to punch him in the face. Anyway, he also told me the game wouldn't be delayed again because he "knows" the Sony NA rep. I'm glad he wasn't full of shit.

To whoever asked about the CE price, I remember reading $99.99 somewhere, but don't quote me on that. Oddly enough, I just reserved it last weekend after asking for years about doing so, and Lamestop telling me "No." The cashier told me "they'd been doing that for years" Really wanted to punch him in the face. Anyway, he also told me the game wouldn't be delayed again because he "knows" the Sony NA rep. I'm glad he wasn't full of shit.

I haven't bought a game at an actual store since about 2007 for reasons like this.

I'm debating about pre-ordering the Collector's edition on GameStop right now, but can't make up my mind.

For those set on pre-ordering it, you can use the promo code "PRE5" on GameStop to get $5 off (works on all pre-orders, Collectors edition or regular).

Do want. November can't come soon enough. Gonna need to head down to EB Games tomorrow and pre-order the Collector's Edition. It looks cool.

There are over one thousand cars, divided into two classes: Standard and Premium. The standard classes are GT favorites like the Lamborghini Countach or the Ford Mustang. The Premium cars are newer automobiles like the Ferrari Enzo or the Lamborghini Gallardo. Those Premium cars will be the only ones that will featured "panel separation" and deformation. The developers have created fully modeled interiors for the Premium cars, as well as doing detailed modeling for the car's undercarriage and even the exhaust pipes! The Standard cars apparently won't have the exact interior modeling. For example, an Enzo's interior will look like the real deal, but your typical Mustang's will look like exactly like Mustang's.
http://kotaku.com/5565396/gran-turismo-5-might-have-too-much-detail

all interiors are modeled standard cars just not so well as the premium cars

Want levels rising again.

"The Standard cars apparently won't have the exact interior modeling. For example, an Enzo's interior will look like the real deal, but your typical Mustang's will look like exactly like Mustang's."

WTF does that mean? That makes no sense. So the premium cars will look the the real one, but the standard cars will also look like the real one?

I'm betting it will have lower detail that the Premium ones. Maybe with some dials which are just textures instead of model's with moving needles.

I love Japanese-English translations :lol:

I'm fine with mysteries.

Was about to pre-order the CE, but GameStop charges tax online. WTF? I have never paid tax on an online purchase ever. And the CE isn't on Amazon yet. I'll pre-order it as soon as it pops up there.