Random Thoughts....

Bleaaauuuurrrfggdhghhhh.

I didn't quite catch that.... :)

I had a dream last night that I was working for EADS on military aircraft design.

I have fucken weird dreams.

Five years ago today, hurricane Katrina hit New Orleans. I remember that the day after the highest cirrus clouds from that storm reached as far as where I live, Aurora Illinois, and it was quite surreal. Wish I took a picture.

Katrina was a great example of government incompetence from every level; FEMA, the idiot governor who dilly dallied about getting National Guard support from neighboring states (they cannot cross state lines without permission), and the mayor of New Orleans, Ray "School Bus" Nagin.
What was impressive was the military organization within the span of a few days. Considering how slow bureaucracy works, it was unprecedented. Remember General Honore and "stuck on stupid?" Heh, Patton would have been proud.

Hurricane Katrina is one of the few things i remember from my childhood. In other news, I haven't shaved for a week, it's kinda itchy but I feel like letting it grow a bit more to see how much it will actually grow (I don't expect much more than the current level though).

2.5 years

Yes, I'm freaking a little early. Hoping to get it over and done with. But then again, 2012 is between now and then, so with the world ending, I might never have to deal with it. :grin:

Heh, at least I can celebrate my 33rd birthday like the world is going to end tomorrow :p

Five years ago today, hurricane Katrina hit New Orleans. I remember that the day after the highest cirrus clouds from that storm reached as far as where I live, Aurora Illinois, and it was quite surreal. Wish I took a picture.

Katrina was a great example of government incompetence from every level; FEMA, the idiot governor who dilly dallied about getting National Guard support from neighboring states (they cannot cross state lines without permission), and the mayor of New Orleans, Ray "School Bus" Nagin.
What was impressive was the military organization within the span of a few days. Considering how slow bureaucracy works, it was unprecedented. Remember General Honore and "stuck on stupid?" Heh, Patton would have been proud.

I remember that morning as well. I could see the cloud bands over Dallas, and it was a gorgeous day.

What do you think he ordered for dinner?
The 4 course fixed menue with some wine ...

Interrobang should be in that restauraunt right now.
I was ... I think at that time I was enjoying a marinaded tomato ...

Hopefully not Kalbsbrann, if I remember how to spell that right...
I love a good Kalbsbraten ... but the only meat I had was some baby-pork ... hmmm ... Baby-pork ... :drool:

Will post more tomorrow ... they had colored toiletpaper ... wich I do have made a pic of ... and will post tomorrow.

Apart from that everything was better than excepted. 2 and a half hour meal ... wich I enjoyed, not only pulled through.

The 4 course fixed menue with some wine ...

I was ... I think at that time I was enjoying a marinaded tomato ...

I love a good Kalbsbraten ... but the only meat I had was some baby-pork ... hmmm ... Baby-pork ... :drool:

Will post more tomorrow ... they had colored toiletpaper ... wich I do have made a pic of ... and will post tomorrow.

Apart from that everything was better than excepted. 2 and a half hour meal ... wich I enjoyed, not only pulled through.

Must have been a good meal. You're slurring your English! :lol:

Speaking of slurring, here's how we passed some free time at work tonight:

1. Find a bunch of ants crawling around on the floor
2. Spray ants with rubbing alcohol
3. Laugh as they stumble around in a drunken stupor/keep walking in little circles
4. Laugh some more
5. Repeat

Damn, the air force sounds like fun :p

Speaking of slurring, here's how we passed some free time at work tonight:

1. Find a bunch of ants crawling around on the floor
2. Spray ants with rubbing alcohol
3. Laugh as they stumble around in a drunken stupor/keep walking in little circles
4. Laugh some more
5. Repeat
6.???
7.Profit!
FTFY.

I give up on trying to meet nice girls in the club. Last night I saw a girl, which looked kinda cute. Before I got a chance to talk to her, she started dancing with some guy. And when I say dancing, I mean grinding.
I thought - Okay, she has a boyfriend. But no...

In the next hour she grinded at least 10 other guys. At one point she started dancing close to me, but I wasn't gonna touch that! And she looked like a decent girl at first...

Pancakes for dinner friggen rocks

Welcome to FinalGear, enjoy your stay, don't fuck it up and you'll be okay :p

And yeah, best. first post. EVAR!

Pancakes for dinner friggen rocks

Hi! And yes, they do rock! :)

In other news, I've had the worst move in experience so far in the 3 years that I've lived on campus. A comically horrible chain of events had me leaving for school at 10:00 PM. It's now 12:52 AM and I can't get any of my roomates to let me in. (I have no key since, as it turns out, official move in was Saturday and Sunday's check-in ended at 3) I've tried the following:

Knocking on the door. Not pounding but i'd say split down the middle force wise. I didn't want to be a rude asshole.

Texting their phone numbers: I was doing it discreetly, not a mass text to everyone but I'd wait a few minutes for a reply before trying the next number. Unfortunately, all the numbers I got from the "Student Information System" are land lines, except for one which, naturally, hasn't replied to my text message.

Being that I have class at 10 am today, I'm in no big rush, but I was hoping to get a good sleep as I'll also have the distinct pleasure of driving 45 min to an hour to work at 2 (and back at 11:30 pm) as well.

I guess I'll try getting their numbers off of Facebook/the student directory.

Last edited: