Random Thoughts....

http://img822.imageshack.**/img822/5899/1337x.jpg

Since I'm about to make a post, may as well record my moment of "1337" :cool:

Anyways, I went onto Twitter today and found this among my suggestions:

http://img202.imageshack.**/img202/1450/lolwutc.jpg

What have I done on Twitter to suggest that I'm a homosexual? :blink:

Fall needs to hurry up... I was outside for ~3 seconds and I now have ~3 million mosquito bites. I miss yesterday where the temperature was 55?F in Minneapolis, today in Tulsa... 90?F.

Is it wrong of me to be annoyed with a professor who starts class 5 minutes early and tends to talk past when we are supposed to get out of class? Maybe the issue is just that I dislike this professor more so than the extra class time.

I have a lecture like that. Every single lecture finishes 5-10 minutes late, but the kicker is that he spends x amount of time at the begining talking about useless shit. He for example is constantly reminding us how he uses metaphores to help explain a concept. I think he should stop since no one has any understanding of anything inthe course.

What I just did.... I don't think I've done something that stupid in ages.

I "couldn't find" my phone. So I decided to call it from Skype. I opened Skype, dialed my number, and pressed call.... only to have the device I dialed on start vibrating.

Yes, I just called my phone from the Skype app on my phone because I thought I lost it.
:bangin:

Last edited:

I "couldn't find" my phone. So I decided to call it from Skype. I opened Skype, dialed my number, and pressed call.... only have the device I dialed on start vibrating.

Yes, I just called my phone from the Skype app on my phone because I thought I lost it.

That is the stupidest and yet funniest thing I've heard in a while :lmao:

That's worse than looking for something you've got in your hands :lol:

I feel compelled to write an email to the Carnegie Mellon admissions department... :lol:

I "couldn't find" my phone. So I decided to call it from Skype. I opened Skype, dialed my number, and pressed call.... only have the device I dialed on start vibrating.

Brain farts eh.

Brain farts eh.

To be fair, I just finished my Numerical Methods homework. 200+ lines of MATLAB. My brain is in no form to function rationally right now.

I don't even want to see what I coded. Luckily its not due tomorrow, so I'll check it after my brain resets overnight.

So, tonight I got my mother started in the world of texting and also with the world of in-car Bluetooth.

We'll see how it turns out. :lol:

Got a dilemma:

Ever since I failed my driving test the first time round, I've sort of lost my nerve to drive properly. I'm trying to solve the problems that caused the first fail, not to mention trying to look out for hazards more often and it's not helping if my Dad keeps yelling at me if I do something wrong, but he has to for that matter.

My appointment is on the 7th of October and I've only done about a few hours of driving since the last driving test til this one. Everyone thinks I should leave it til after exams, but I keep convincing myself that I should do it.

I feel stupid because I keep relying on other people's opinions instead of mine. Richmondgal-Unable to rely on and motivate herself since 2009.

Got a dilemma:

Ever since I failed my driving test the first time round, I've sort of lost my nerve to drive properly. I'm trying to solve the problems that caused the first fail, not to mention trying to look out for hazards more often and it's not helping if my Dad keeps yelling at me if I do something wrong, but he has to for that matter.

My appointment is on the 7th of October and I've only done about a few hours of driving since the last driving test til this one. Everyone thinks I should leave it til after exams, but I keep convincing myself that I should do it.

I feel stupid because I keep relying on other people's opinions instead of mine. Richmondgal-Unable to rely on and motivate herself since 2009.

I say just do it.

The longer you leave it, the bigger a deal it becomes in your mind. Just take some deep breaths, and know that all the best people pass the second time around (James May included). :)

Good luck, chickeroo!

Got a dilemma:

Get some professional driving lessons to get your confidence up. I know that after I failed (spectacularly, may I add!) first time round I was devastated and felt like the biggest failure- I spent the whole next day at work crying! I went back to my driving instructor for a couple more hours, and just got my confidence back up with somebody who wouldn't yell at me (I share your pain there too, my dad used to yell some horrible things at me when I made mistakes :(). And as far as the date- try and get it out of the way before exams. Not only is being able to drive to and from exams/study any time you want is great, but it's a weight you don't have on your shoulders during that time. And so what if you fail again? Each time is a learning experience, and you will probably be a better driver for it.

And don't worry about asking for opinions/advice- remember, there are no stupid questions, only stupid mistakes because you didn't ask the question! :)

(And agree with EllieZ, I passed second time as well as I said above- first time I nearly got T-boned when I pulled out in front of a car at a T-intersection- oops!!!! :lol:)

Actually this is a sculpture class that is in the same area as the woodshop and metal shop. There are often power tools going during class, I do not think walking out would be disruptive.

Ah, well in that case, i'd be annoyed too! :)

@Ellie and Brydie: Thanks for the advice and help, for making my choice a little less chaotic. I don't know about going back to my instructor though, he wasn't really that much of a help, but then again neither was I as I didn't ask many questions and yet he told me that I was ready to get my test then look what happened *Sigh* Oh well, it can only get better. Because most of my driving has been on freeways, city or country driving, I rarely did any suburban driving and that's what failed me. So I'll just working on that. And when in doubt, just slow down.

I just lost my phone in my hand earlier today and ran all over my dorm looking for it. Didn't get so far as to actually calling it...from it...though.

On a related note, I have a pair of jeans where the pocket lining is partially disconnected from the actual jeans, so when I put my phone in said pocket, it just slides down and out the bottom. I've looked like an ass far too many times chasing a falling phone down the inside of my pants leg.

@Ellie and Brydie: Thanks for the advice and help, for making my choice a little less chaotic. I don't know about going back to my instructor though, he wasn't really that much of a help, but then again neither was I as I didn't ask many questions and yet he told me that I was ready to get my test then look what happened *Sigh* Oh well, it can only get better. Because most of my driving has been on freeways, city or country driving, I rarely did any suburban driving and that's what failed me. So I'll just working on that. And when in doubt, just slow down.

Try finding a different instructor if you aren't completely comfortable with the one you have. Ask your friends about their experiences and see who they recommend, then go from there.

I know that my instructor took me around the routes that you go on when you do your test when I had lessons close to my test, and he's now helping my sister prepare (to the point where he is taking her to the test, giving her lessons around that area and one just before her test and letting her use the instructors car, which she does parks and such better in). Think maybe you need to do some quick shopping around (ask friends, family, etc) and see if there are any instructors who are able to help you out for your test specifically.