Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

I've spent my spare time at work looking for Engrish on Chinese car maker's websites. Chery's and Lifan's websites were particularly rewarding.

Apparently, the Tiggo "has more advanced sedan style and shows the fashionable feature". I want one.

Yeah, well the QQme "exudes fresh and unique smell of fashion at any time both in stay and in movement, making your eyes focused."

I wish my title said that I "exudes fresh and unique smell of fashion."

Just spotted this license plate on the back of a Rolls Phantom DHC: WRK HRDR.

I am going to guess his money wasn't inherited...

From the Cowin:

"Let's start from this point to show our respects for life."

Yes Chery, let's do that.

I wish I was fly like a Chery G6. Then I would have "intelligentized electronic devices".

The not-so-fly G5 is obviously not popping any bottles in ice, as "It has a strong and spacious body in European style, giving a very sober impression."

This is the greatest description of a key fob ever:

Then, you can not only enjoy the pleasure at the moment of the foldable key popping up, but also open the door by remote control, enjoying the superiority feeling that you are a winner mastering everything.

I want to enjoy the superiority feeling that I am a winner mastering everything.

truthfully, i do think there is a freudian attraction to the pop-up keyfob and the visceral feeling of putting it in the dash and twisting.

Best Marina ad I've seen.

Go weigh in on JCE's thread down in Q&A.

Also, remind the Germans here about where your car was made. :p

Well it is a W202, so that is a bit of a skewed perspective on German cars. Taking a W202 and saying "German cars are like this" is like taking a Chevrolet Celebrity and saying "American cars are like this".

No, no, we have some people here who insist that all German cars are perfect and the pinnacle of human engineering. Plus they claim that Mercedes never had a quality slump. Well, here's a data point for ya....

Last edited:

*I will not say I want the car* *I will not say it doesn't seem THAT bad..* *I will not say I'd drive the crappy Yugo*

Hey that doesn't look too bad....

Dammit! :blink::cry:<_<

In all seriousness though, that definetly deserves "Best of Craigslist" if it's not there already. Hey he was honest right?!? :p

The Chery website is a rewarding journey in janky engrish. About the G5: "The instrument panel has introduced the hot driving silver ring technology, making the car stable and technology-oriented."

I will give virtual candy to anyone who can tell me what that means.

I'll guess the silver/chrome trim you sometimes see around gauges in the gauge cluster.

Last edited:
IMG_0561.JPG

Does Carfax report when the body cracks and the dealer has to repair it? :p

Volvo cars doesn't exist in Trollh?ttan however.

There's plenty altough the ratio of Saabs is slightly higher :mrgreen: :p
However there is Saab in G?teborg! For unknown reason Saab built their transmission factory there back in the day. It's since been sold (~2009) to Weigl but it's still in the same location behind the theme park, which strikes me as a very odd place to have a transmission factory.

Last edited:
Heh I should have phrased that better. :p I meant that the Volvo Cars company doesn't exist there.