Random Thoughts....

I think I can speak for pretty much everyone here when I say "Good Luck"!!!!!

Thanks!

I think that went rather well.

My mentor gave me an S for my personal evalution.

S means Solid performance and I exceed expectations once in a while.

A is the next grade up which is above expectations and my labmate got that.

E is the highest, which is like exceptional/exemplary.

What I want to know is: When you don't know the subject and you want direction and advice and you want me to ask you questions, why do you denigrate me for asking you questions? He wants me to ask others and not him, it makes no sense.

I just hope the letter of rec he wrote me for grad school isnt all like this.

When you don't know the subject and you want direction and advice and you want me to ask you questions, why do you denigrate me for asking you questions? He wants me to ask others and not him, it makes no sense.
This sounds like a case of "he just doesn't like you". That happens, I hope it doesn't impede your progress in university.

So I get to be American now.

...go me?

You lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky bastard.

So I get to be American now.

...go me?

Yay! Congratulations. A few years ago I helped a co-worker with his naturalization, it felt like it was my civic duty.
Immigration is a thorny subject for me; due to both political parties wanting to exploit illegal aliens, it is easier to be illegal than go through the process of becoming naturalized.
I think anyone who wants to come her to work, contribute to and make America strong should be naturalized immediately. Anyone who wants to sit on their butts and do nothing gets deported. Simple as that.

Sick day, fun, felt like I was going to :sick: when I got up, I then slept from 7 am to 3 pm, fever is gone still sore though, but at least I don't have shooting pains in my back anymore.

Right, so me and a mate were talking about him coming home from Plymouth, and the idea came up that he could walk. Google maps would give us an accurate amount of time!

Or maybe not...

https://pic.armedcats.net/m/ma/matt2000/2011/01/25/2011-01-25_23h51_00.jpg

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Plymouth,+UK&daddr=Market+Harborough,+UK&hl=en&geocode=FUyXAAMdw8nA_yk96pUOU41sSDGThfXOtSwoOw%3BFQzAIAMdNfLx_ykLoWRC3G13SDHEp7imIhoqig&mra=ltm&dirflg=w&sll=51.427015,-2.52787&sspn=2.56541,7.13562&ie=UTF8&ll=50.778155,-3.372803&spn=5.203754,14.27124&t=h&z=7

Right, so me and a mate were talking about him coming home from Plymouth, and the idea came up that he could walk. Google maps would give us an accurate amount of time!

Or maybe not...

Werrrlll... walking directly would take a few hours longer.

Yeah, if you pull the route to remove the ferry trips it comes out at 3 days and 4 hours minimum and the original route takes 3 days and 1 hour. Clearly Google is smarter than you.

I appreciate Google's thoughtfulness, but I can't help but think that it ain't worth taking 4 ferries. :lol:

I appreciate Google's thoughtfulness, but I can't help but think that it ain't worth taking 4 ferries. :lol:

If it is worth walking for three days straight, it's worth taking four ferries instead. You could sit down on a ferry, have a wee, eat, drink, sleep. When walking you need to add maybe 40% of overhead time (8h/day sleep, 1h/day food/drink, 0.5h/day undo food/drink) for those activities, making the ferries quite superior: 3d1h vs 4d10h.

If it is worth walking for three days straight, it's worth taking four ferries instead. You could sit down on a ferry, have a wee, eat, drink, sleep. When walking you need to add maybe 40% of overhead time (8h/day sleep, 1h/day food/drink, 0.5h/day undo food/drink) for those activities, making the ferries quite superior: 3d1h vs 4d10h.

You'll have to stop there, you're starting to make it sound like a good idea. I'm glad he moved down there instead of me though, don't think I could manage one full day of walking let alone three.

I think anyone who wants to come her to work, contribute to and make America strong should be naturalized immediately.

Works for me. Damn sight quicker than the 11 years it took me start to finish. :p

Well, 11 years and 7 weeks. Still need to go to my oath appointment before it's settled.

I think that walking there would make an interesting challenge if you're the push-your-body-to-the-limit kind of person, as well as a great anecdote to impress people with. (and by impress, I mean make them question your sanity)

I doubt it would take 3 days though. Google is probably assuming that you're a machine who is able to walk at a steady rate for 24 hours a day.

Or maybe not...

https://pic.armedcats.net/m/ma/matt2000/2011/01/25/2011-01-25_23h51_00.jpg

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Plymouth,+UK&daddr=Market+Harborough,+UK&hl=en&geocode=FUyXAAMdw8nA_yk96pUOU41sSDGThfXOtSwoOw%3BFQzAIAMdNfLx_ykLoWRC3G13SDHEp7imIhoqig&mra=ltm&dirflg=w&sll=51.427015,-2.52787&sspn=2.56541,7.13562&ie=UTF8&ll=50.778155,-3.372803&spn=5.203754,14.27124&t=h&z=7
There is a ferry from Portsmouth to Wexford? Bloody hell, I never knew that!