The "New Toys" Thread

Nice! 18-70mm?

:heart:

...shit, I wish <_< I was just at a job interview and passed by our local (favorite) camera shop and in the "used shelf" they had 3 different (!) AF 80-200/2.8 zooms for Nikon. (the oldest pump version, the latest non-AF-S which is still sold as new and the already replaced AF-S non-VR model)

I tried out the two better models (I've already tried the pump and wasn't too keen on that) and I just fell in love with the AF-S model. It was so damn fast and didn't have the purple fringing the AF model showed on contrasty edges...and since the shop owners/keepers know our "camera mafia" (we visit their shop all the time), they offered to loan the AF-S model to me for the weekend :blink: I was like, sure...I'm just afraid that I'll love it so much I'll have to find the cash for it somewhere :p

edit: Oh yeah, the lens hood for the AF-S model is freaking HUGE!

:heart:

I tried out the two better models (I've already tried the pump and wasn't too keen on that) and I just fell in love with the AF-S model. It was so damn fast and didn't have the purple fringing the AF model showed on contrasty edges...and since the shop owners/keepers know our "camera mafia" (we visit their shop all the time), they offered to loan the AF-S model to me for the weekend :blink: I was like, sure...I'm just afraid that I'll love it so much I'll have to find the cash for it somewhere :p

edit: Oh yeah, the lens hood for the AF-S model is freaking HUGE!

I nearly went with the 80-200 AF-D, but the Sigma's HSM won me over, it just focuses so much faster than the Nikon. The AF-S is a beauty, but for the price I'd save for the 70-200VR, which is a just a phenomenon.

Woo! Finally got my own ski's and boots! No more bloody hiring :thumbsup:

K2 APache Crossfire, '07 model.
Technica Rival RX HotForm, '06 model

If you can swing it, go and have some footbeds made. They will make those boots much more comfortable and they will perform at a higher level.

And continuing on the camera topic, ordered a new small toy today, which will be arriving in few days hopefully:

hoyafiltrepolarhmc67.jpg

Always wanted a polarizer :)

Footbeds??

When you get to the hill, go to their shop and ask if they do orthotics. Basically, they are insoles for the boots that are custom molded to your feet. So when you turn, your foot doesn't slide as much and you get better edging. Also, they are more comfortable than the stock insoles.

When you get to the hill, go to their shop and ask if they do orthotics. Basically, they are insoles for the boots that are custom molded to your feet. So when you turn, your foot doesn't slide as much and you get better edging. Also, they are more comfortable than the stock insoles.

I get ya. The boots come with "HotForm"... So when I bought them the insoles were heated up and my foot sat in there for about 10 mins with the boots done up really tightly, so that my foot moulded into the actual insole of the boot.

Well there ya go. Enjoy.