[15x07] December 21st, 2010 [Special]

[15x07] December 21st, 2010 [Special]

• Total voters
"What happens when you drive a Ferrari 458 very fast on a hot day?"
"I believe it catches fire."
"Yeah yeah, only a few have caught fire..."

Jeremy and Richard bursting on to the balcony with the 458 on fire t-shirts and mugs was just brilliant!

So too was the dancing mayor.

Effing BRILLIANT. It was just fun, and I got to say HAY I KNOW THAT BLOCK/BUILDING/NEIGHBORHOOD in the last 15 minutes. Epic fun. Also, "I can hear you, SHORT ARSE!" will go down in history, as will the drinkable pussy. :wicked:

SUPER HAPPY TG:UK is back
I am finally out of the hell they call TG:US
This episode felt fresh...and like its back on track with what TG should be... FUN
I am also angry at the fact that they where here in the US... dammit so close yet again...
cant wait for the 26th

One of the best EP's in a long time 9/10 for me. Great to see the boys back at it even though they don't have the stig. Looks like a great season ahead for all of us!! :)

So anyone else notice this?

At about 1:03:36

http://img31.imageshack.**/img31/7672/93109013.png

It's well known that they go back and re-shoot segments of the race after the results have been determined as you can't have 400 cameras filming the race. That looks like it's one of those ones they shot after the fact in order to get the shot they wanted. :)

Really, really good episode. They didn't do something terrible with the stig situation, they talked about cars properly for a lot of the show, the camera work was fantastic, even some of the jokes were actually good. I'm not compaining, 9/10. Lets hope they can keep up this standard.

It's well known that they go back and re-shoot segments of the race after the results have been determined as you can't have 400 cameras filming the race. That looks like it's one of those ones they shot after the fact in order to get the shot they wanted. :)

Another point in the race, they used footage that they filmed here and reinterpreted it as part of the race.

Just an observation.

It was fantastic!

Seeing as how they did a preview of Season 16, wouldn't it make more sense for this to be 16x01 or 16x00 rather than 15x07?

EDIT: Read the rest of the thread and found the reason. Still gonna list it at 16x00 on my computer.

And why no shot of them leaving the Manhattan hotel in the morning? They did film it.

And no internet people either? [jalopnik]

Last edited:
Does anyone know where Richard Hammond got his cool jacket from, the one he was wearing last night? I need a last minute christmas pressie and my husband kept raving about that jacket! Help.

Such a brilliant, brilliant episode, up there with their best work.

So many great moments, I particularly loved the 458 wiggling it's hips in the drag race at the end.

At 20:55 I did a Henman fist pump when I realised there was still 20 mins to go and I wasn't dissappointed, the race through Manhattan was superbly filmed and the ending was well setup and genuinely funny.

Great stuff all round and the series preview looked amazing. Can't wait for the next episode, it has epic potential

I'd say stick with the BBC labelling scheme.

"Preview of the coming weeks" = beginning of series.
"Preview of next series" = end of series.

Jezza announced it as the former.

Anyways. I'm properly excited for the Porsche 959 and the Ferrari 288GTO and F40.

And the H3 explosion.

And the hampster in that huge.... thing.

And everything else they previewed.

Last edited:
Great episode. Usually these epic specials are really good, this ep does not dissappoint.

Good but not epic. The sequence in North Carolina and Virginia almost seemed like an apology for a certain incident which shall not be spoken of (but if I say 09x03, you'll know). As someone who hates Noo Yawk, I really didn't like the final sequence at all, but that's just me; there was nothing technically wrong with it, there was great use of the electronic map, and the cinematography was its usual excellent self. And whoever said in another thread that James can't drive, he handled a Fezza around Manhattan. On my scale, that's even better than maxing the Veyrons.

So they've done the South, the West, and the East. Time to do the Midwest, boys. And if you're reading this, Mister Wilman and/or functionary, I've got a Cheap Car Challenge for you, which I may post in the Show Suggestions thread...

Nice to see TG back. Great roadtrip, entertaining christmas "news", as always. But I didn't like when they used exiting from the hotel in NY as part of the race. I don't want to say anything about "being scripted" but it was weir knowing that shot wasn't really part of the race. Nevertheless, very good episode.
Also nice preview of the new series - great there will be F40, GTO (old and new) and 959.

Oh, and Jeremy is a great example of a stereotype Merc driver. :lol: Age, fat, hair, everything is there.
At one moment he said that the SLS is the most powerful naturally-aspirated engine, well, there are, for example, 599 or Murcielago.

Epic. Truly epic. Also, I'm glad to see the boys can put aside their incessant America bashing and have some fun.

PS: Someone remind them that speed limits in the American countryside are but suggestions! NOBODY patrols those roads. NOBODY.