Best of eBay and Craigslist

As I said, the not-looked-after ones are long dead, it's only done 55,000 miles!

Most Minis are now in enthusiast hands, use a Mini like a normal car and you'd be lucky to get 7-8 years out of it before structural corrosion becomes a serious concern. 1950s Vauxhall Victors were known for being scrapped 5-6 years after purchase they rusted so fast, most BL tin lasted between 10-12 years and Ford was similar.

1974 Land Rover

Not the prettiest, or the best, however very personal. In CAA (Civil Aviation Authority) Black & Yellow (Yellow roof for visibility while airside, so planes can see them). My dad ran & maintained these for the CAA for years, I'm surprised any are left at all. I really wish I had the money or space to save this. I suppose one day I could make a replica, but this is the real deal.

Got so many pictures of these working in some impressive snow at the remote radar sites! Granted the ones we had were all long wheelbase and kitted out for snow use.
24056_120520037964542_2296910_n.jpg

Fuck yes...

$(KGrHqJ,!jIE-NpeIW11BP1PFLyezQ~~60_57.JPG

$(KGrHqV,!rkE-YrYzd0KBP1PFQC(kw~~60_57.JPG

$(KGrHqJHJFME92BB5b56BP1Pi2656w~~60_57.JPG

$(KGrHqFHJEIE-ne-y9lyBP1Pi7HU0!~~60_57.JPG

$(KGrHqNHJBkE+OMofz8PBP1PkBGoMQ~~60_57.JPG

$(KGrHqZHJFEE-ko8eGBiBP1Pj0FuR!~~60_57.JPG

$(KGrHqRHJE8E-vUM27SJBP1llQKuPw~~60_57.JPG

$(KGrHqRHJEsE+Tk,gBEwBP1lnBrw6Q~~60_57.JPG

$(KGrHqV,!k8E-bz5lqRzBP1lpf)4Jg~~60_57.JPG

$(KGrHqVHJDEE-Pd2NeuRBP1lrtm7Wg~~60_57.JPG

HELLO THERE!

I AM A THIRD YEAR ARTS AND MEDIA STUDENT AT THE UNIVERSITY FOR THE CREATIVE ARTS IN FARNHAM SURREY.

FOR MY DEGREE PROJECT I HAVE CREATED THIS FABULOUS JAGUAR XJR DOUBLE BED! THIS IS ONE OF A KIND AND THE ONLY ONE EVER PRODUCED.
IN THE PRODUCTION OF THIS BED I HAVE USED ONLY THE FINES MATERIALS.
SOLID ITALIAN WALLNUT
SOLID CANADIAN MAPLE
CHROME
LEATHER
FAUX FUR FROM THE SAME SUPPLIERS THAT CHANEL USE AND
MEMORY FOAM.
IT SEEMED FITTING AS THE JAGUAR ITSELF IS CREATED FROM SUCH FINE MATERIALS!
ALL THE ORIGINAL 12 VOLT FUNCTIONS STILL WORK SUCH AS INTERIOR LIGHTS, RADIO, HEADLAMPS ETC.
THESE ARE RUN OFF A 12 VOLT INVERTER THAT PLUGS INTO THE MAINS.
THE BOOT IS NOW USED FOR CLOTHS STORAGE.
UNDER THE BONNET, THE ENGINE HAS BEEN REMOVED AND NOW IN ITS PLACE IS A LARGE FLAT SCREET TELEVISION.
THIS TV IS MOUNTED OF A POWERFUL ACTUATOR THAT MEANS WHEN YOUR FINISHED WATCHING TV YOU CAN HIDE IT AWAY UNDER THE BONNET.
THE CAR ALSO SUPPORTS 5.1 SURROUND SOUND.
THE BED IS CURRENTLY EXHIBITED AT THE UNIVERSITY GALLERY.
JAGUAR MAGAZINE HAS SHOWN CONSIDERABLE INTEREST AND THERE IS A FULL SPREAD IN NEXT MONTHS ISSUE.
THE BED HAS ALSO ATTRACTED ATTENTION FROM THE LOCAL NEWS PAPERS AND RADIO.
I CAN ORGANISE DELIVERY AND INSTALLATION WORLDWIDE.

Shaguar

It doesn't look comfy, the centre console is in the way. Not as a bed, but as a mancave TV watch/playing games console it would be awesome.

That looks horridly camp and tasteless.....and this is coming from the guy that still has fluffy dice on his mirror.

That car must be so bad the owner was embarrassed to sell it and pulled the ad. Or, did you buy it???? :p

That car must be so bad the owner was embarrassed to sell it and pulled the ad. Or, did you buy it???? :p
No, I didn't buy it, lol. It was an early 1970s Cadillac hearse that had been customized.

What is with all the round sticker he put on it?

As much as I respect and admire the technology involved, that interior is terrible. I just hate these extra gauges all over the place.

As much as I respect and admire the technology involved, that interior is terrible. I just hate these extra gauges all over the place.

Yes, but they are needed, sometimes even on stock vehicles. There are worse places for those to have been put.

I guarantee that if you crank up the boost on your car, if you're not an idiot, you'll be looking for some place to put a boost or EGT gauge somewhere in the interior.

Yes, but they are needed, sometimes even on stock vehicles. There are worse places for those to have been put.

I guarantee that if you crank up the boost on your car, if you're not an idiot, you'll be looking for some place to put a boost or EGT gauge somewhere in the interior.

Which is one of the main reasons why I haven't put an MBC or gotten an ECU tune - I don't want to put shitty aftermarket gauges on my dash.

(an ECU tune is usually safe, but there are reports of people still seeing boost spikes).

Which is one of the main reasons why I haven't put an MBC or gotten an ECU tune - I don't want to put shitty aftermarket gauges on my dash.

(an ECU tune is usually safe, but there are reports of people still seeing boost spikes).

Some of those aftermarket gauges are of higher quality than the crap that came from the factory. And many times, they look better, too.

Last edited:
But they hardly ever look stock.

But they hardly ever look stock.

volvo-s70-white-1998-dashboard.jpg

I wouldn't *want* my dash to look like that, let alone my aftermarket gauges. They stuck you with the monkey model gauges. Where's your voltmeter and oil pressure display???

Of course, Volvo owners are weird yet cheap bastards, so they usually go for hideous things that don't even vaguely match the interior. Like this:

http://desmond.imageshack.**/Himg33/scaled.php?server=33&filename=dscf1275i.jpg&res=landing

Personally, I'd fashion a more pleasing gauge pod or go for an A-pillar mount setup.
DSC_0262Medium.jpg

But even among Volvo owners, there are ways to do it that look stock or almost stock:
DSC01006DesktopResolution.jpg

DSC00999DesktopResolution.jpg

gallery_2956_313_21686.jpg

DSC03740.jpg

Last edited: