Blayde's selected works

I was gonna do a Bonneville one with a hotrod, that slipped my mind :p

How about Hinckley? Or are you doing only cars.

What is the relevance of Hinckley?

T100_2009_510x347.jpg

oh, i guess I can wing it :D

Schedule for the next few days is
Aston Martin
Bonneville (if i feel it)
Unimog (Suedschleife's request)
Triumph

The trouble with Aston is that you either have Newport Pagnell or Gaydon. As a Ukanian I can assure you that both sound equally naff! The same with TVR and Blackpool (thing Vegas, nay Reno, with no class and lots of rain!), MG and Longbridge and so on. Most of the places in the UK where cars are/were made are complete shitholes with no sense of romance whatsoever. Not like Maranello etc.

Morgan from Malvern is OK.

I can use Kensington, since my aim is mainly for the first place a car was made, rather than HQ/factory, only when i cant find one do I use the other

They acquired premises at Henniker Place in Kensington and produced their first car in March 1915

:phew:

These are absolutely amazing. As soon as I have money, I must have big posters of these for my room (and/or shirts)!

Could I suggest 2 more for Detroit?

https://pic.armedcats.net/c/cr/crazyrussian540/2011/02/04/1969_20Corvette_20Stingray_20L88-427.jpg
(or a C2 Stingray maybe?)

and

https://pic.armedcats.net/c/cr/crazyrussian540/2011/02/04/cadillac_1958_red_cvt_01_001.jpg

I'd suggest the 1959 Eldorado, but first of all I think its way to clich?, and second of all, I like the front end on the 1958 Series 62 a lot better.

Aren't the Corvettes made in Kentucky?

Originally built in Flint, Michigan and St. Louis, Missouri, the Corvette is currently built in Bowling Green, Kentucky and is the official sports car of the Commonwealth of Kentucky.

Aren't the Corvettes made in Kentucky?

They are. I was going by Chevy HQ, but Bowling Green, KY works also

OK so out of left field and in suitably Communistic style how about ????????? with a classic Lada, yellow text on a red background naturally?

I reckon that would look very :cool: in a James May kind of way and I'd probably get it printed onto a T shirt.

currently working on a special one, so im not replying just yet, will respond to all of you soon today :D

San Cesario sul Panaro??? ;)

And hey, we're simply trying to inspire. What you do with your time is entirely up to you. We just enjoy the results.

no :|

and i wasnt saying no to the requests, just that im into the one im doing and i cant both think on replying and that as well :p

The trouble with Aston is that you either have Newport Pagnell or Gaydon. As a Ukanian I can assure you that both sound equally naff! The same with TVR and Blackpool (thing Vegas, nay Reno, with no class and lots of rain!), MG and Longbridge and so on. Most of the places in the UK where cars are/were made are complete shitholes with no sense of romance whatsoever. Not like Maranello etc.

I've yet to decide if Solihull sounds like a shithole. Maybe it's fine as long as Birmingham isn't mentioned in the same breath.

Last edited:
:clap: Double yellow lines are a great touch.

Take out their names, change the lettering to yellow and that has to be a T shirt right there!

Massive :+1:, the first of many I suspect.

yeah, no, i dont need the bbc after me :|

Removed their names and edited that post

Also, Karoug got the shirts he ordered off Zazzle \o/

from irc:
https://pic.armedcats.net/b/bl/blayde/2011/02/04/DSC00418_20-_20Kopia.JPG

https://pic.armedcats.net/b/bl/blayde/2011/02/04/DSC00412_20-_20Kopia.JPG

I think they look quite good

And in response to the other requests
the new Schedule for the next few days is
Aston Martin
Unimog (Suedschleife's request)
Triumph
Chevy
Cadillac
Lada (limbo, since it's more for lulz than something people would use)
Bonneville (if i feel it) (in limbo atm)

IF I find a car i prefer over the stingray (doubtful) or the eldo (doubtful again since that was my choice some time ago) I will make a poster/shirt/wallpaper version of your choice anyway, it's just a few squiggles to change.

Last edited: