Gran Turismo 5

Academy :p

Sometimes it's really close .0xx. :(

:lol:

I know what you mean. This is probably the most entertaining part of it, trying to be top of the 'friends list' for each event, because I know I have no hope of making into the top 1000.

Also, it appears that Japan is going mad for GT Academy! They have something like 1.1 million trophys compared to USA in 2nd place with only 500k.

The 370z loves to drift, I like to help it drift. :p

I think one of the 370 times I smashed the 'friends' list, but I was 20k overall. :D

I think one of the 370 times I smashed the 'friends' list, but I was 20k overall. :D

Depressing isn't it. :lol:

I get to a point, having tried several times, wher I think "I cannot see any way that I can possibly do it any faster than that. I have used all of my skill and abilities and that is the ultimate time I am capable of" and then I look at the leaderboards and there are people who have done it 4 seconds faster than me! :shock2::-?:cry:

This is where I think GT Academy is slightly flawed, because if you drive a real racing car like those people at the top of the leaderboards do (and this is the supposed end result of the competition) you wouldn't last half a lap. Because they take so many risks and have attempted it, and probably crashed, hundreds of times already before setting that top 10 time.

It's a nice bit of fun for the rest of us though! :D

My biggest complaint is the coned apexes, I know why they've done it, but it annoys me that I cant drive on them.

Wheel newbie advice- what did you do to become proficient? I run with ABS at 1 and that's it. I can't hold a powerslide to save my life. I have a DFGT with FF set fairly low.

Try raising the force feedback a bit, I find it hard to countersteer with it too low. And don't be afraid to fight the wheel when force feedback wants to prevent you from doing something.

Without the ABS you get to know the brakepedal and might be able to feel the weight shift.

You get a lot of practice catching spins as well.

Try the FTO @ Kallenhard. V6 but no diff.

Thanks guys. I'll give those a try. I've been thinking about doing the sponge mod for a while. The brake pedal is softer than a Camry's :p

I guess you haven't driven a newer Gen 6 or Gen 7 Camry then, the brake pedal has more force than my RX8 did ;) (The brakes on a Camry are fantastic, being able to stop within just a few feet of an RX8 while wearing skinnier all season tires and weighing 400-500lbs more than an RX8. Most car magazines also get the best stop with a Camry on the 5th or 6th run, which shows the pads resist fade very well)

I did the bungee modification to my brake pedal not for more feel (I drive bare foot with left foot braking and feel wasn't an issue), I did it because the spring was unable to reset the pedal completely after a while so the car was applying the brakes even with out me touching the pedal. It was very annoying to be driving down a straight and having your car's brakes randomly be applied.

Although, I keep having to adjust the bungee cord to get tighter and tighter. Not sure if it is the sensor getting dust/debris in it making it more sensitive, or if the bungee keeps stretchy after prolonged use.

If Iwere going to get a wheel what would be the best one?

All I know is the thrustmaster t500rs is extremely expensive and im afraid most others might feel outdated. That being said I've never used a wheel with force feedback before so even a logitech g25 might be good enough...

The G25 does not feel outdated in the least. My only complaint is that the shifter doesn't have any resistance to it, it just kind of flops around between gears (though has no problem staying in gear).

If you've never used a wheel with FF the cheap Logitech DFGT will blow your mind. :D

Speaking of Wheels and such , i went on the internet and found this:

IT JUST BLEW MY MIND