Guess That Car game - By Clues Only

^^On the contrary, that was a brilliant set of clues. It's just that you didn't mention that it isn't an SUV... I for one kept trying to think of what car went from targa to closed, in addition to getting smaller, and failed completely.

I had thought Blazer, but the wording of Clue 3 threw me off. It wasn't a full hardtop after '76. Part of the roof was still removable. Was the rust referred to in Clue 1 a Blazer/Jimmy specific problem, or was it across the C/K line? I've owned/know of several pickups from the year range without any rust problems.

The problem was with the design of the windshield, which let water travel from all over the car to a specific spot in the footwell, where it would stand for long periods of time. My dad has owned two, and the only easy solution is temporary (rust-proof the spot). Sorry for the misleading clue, I realize the cap could be removed until the 90s but didn't consider it to be part of the roof.

Is there going to be a new set of clues?

Ok.. I'll think of something for tonite.

Ok.. here it is

Clue 1. This particular model was the performance model of the car it was based on.

Clue 2. It was introduced 3 years after the base model it was based on. (in the late 80s)

Clue 3. Initially it was supposed to be a very limited production vehicle, but due to its unexpected success, production was extended and ran for a total of 10 years (3 generations), until this particular "trim" line was axed. The car it was based on, however, continued production for a few more years before being axed also.

Side note: I'm actually looking at one of these right now to replace my Audi.

Is it AWD?

I wanted to say Volvo 850T5-R, but that came out later

Last edited:
Is it part of the VAG?

Not AWD... not part of VAG

1. This car had a 6-year production run.

2. It was the first two-seater from it's brand since 1938.

Nope.

3. This car was originally released with a 4-cylinder engine. A 6-cylinder was eventually offered as an option.

Last edited:
Yay! Now I just have to figure out what car is in the advanced version and I'll be in control of all the Guess the Car Games. :D

Clue 1: This model was used to designate the top of the line of another model before being used on it's own.

Clue 2: As it's own model it existed as everything from sedans to estates to coupes to convertibles.