Last movie you saw?

Spent the last few days rewatching Quentin Tarantino films. Mind you, I do this at least once every year.

Reservoir Dogs and Death Proof will never, ever, ever get old.
Has anyone seen Django Unchained? Never got to see it in a theater, and it hasn't been released in touchable copy yet, either, as far as I know. How was it?

I kinda liked it. I dont think it offers anything new tbh, but worth seeing.

I just finished watching Silent Hill: Revelation. There's 94 minutes I wont get back. It's not that the story was bad, it was kinda decent but it was presented abysmally. The scenes were tedious and despite the talented cast (well, Sean Bean and that guy who plays Jon in Game of Thrones anyway) it was clear that not one of them gave two shits about their performance and were simply going through the motions.

4/10

Saw A Good Day to Die hard (=Die Hard 5) today.

One of the worst movies I have ever seen. Not just one of the worst action movies....no....one of the worst ever. Oh my god it was bad. So really very bad.

0/10

Saw A Good Day to Die hard (=Die Hard 5) today.

One of the worst movies I have ever seen. Not just one of the worst action movies....no....one of the worst ever. Oh my god it was bad. So really very bad.

0/10
I had suspected that it might end like this.

The American.

Great movie, fantastic acting. It sucks you in from the first few minutes you start watching it and George Clooney is brilliant in it. Watch it on Blu Ray if you can because there is some beautiful cinematography. It kind of reminds me Drive for some reason.

9/10.

220px-When_the_Last_Sword_Is_Drawn.jpg

When the Last Sword is Drawn (2003)

The story of two samurai at the close of the Tokugawa Shogunate. A very personal story of how samurai lived and reacted to the westernizing of Japan. Emotional, powerful, and great fight scenes. 9/10

Ha! So this is the movie I've been seeing all the gifs about. What an awesome twist on the gore-genre! Must watch. :)

Surely they were referring to three years of man hours? As in three years of work done by multiple computers in a few months, for instance.

Ha that looks awesome and it has Alan Tudyk which is double awesome.

I watched Big Fish for the first time today.

I can't believe the film is 10 years old already and even through I remember it coming out and wanting to see it, I only just now got around to it. Which is a shame, as it really is a great film. Extremely heart warming and entertaining. I very rarely watch films nowadays and feel any great need to see them again. I still haven't gotten around to buying the latest Batman film on bluray yet. But I honestly feel like watching Big Fish again, even though I just saw it. I thought it was fantastic. 9/10

I left the theater thinking, "so what's for dinner?" and never gave it another thought.

Saw Silver Linings Playbook w the GF and while we both enjoyed the film and performances, we were both somewhat underwhelmed and surprised this was an Oscar contender.

Also I dont think Jennifer Lawrence's performance earned that Oscar

Saw Silver Linings Playbook w the GF and while we both enjoyed the film and performances, we were both somewhat underwhelmed and surprised this was an Oscar contender.

Also I dont think Jennifer Lawrence's performance earned that Oscar

THANK YOU.

On the topic of Oscars, can someone explain why Cloud Atlas didn't get any nominations?

Garden State.

A movie I'd been planning to watch for a while but never got to it, glad I finally did.

My man crush on Zach Braff has been enlarged.

Great movie, great music selection. Added to my roster of movies to regularly watch.

Garden State.

A movie I'd been planning to watch for a while but never got to it, glad I finally did.

My man crush on Zach Braff has been enlarged.

Great movie, great music selection. Added to my roster of movies to regularly watch.

Sooo...you're a female college sophmore in 2007?

- - - Updated - - -

Because it was terrible?

Is it really? Bummer...I was actually planning on seeing that...

Cloud Atlas was by far the best movie of 2012 and one of the best in recent years. It was magnificent.

Cloud Atlas was by far the best movie of 2012 and one of the best in recent years. It was magnificent.
No it wasn't. The effects, make-up, camera, editing, all the technical aspects were magnificent. But story-wise? Nope.

Post-lunch edit: And even when it comes to the technical aspects, Moonrise Kingdom (my personal favourite) was on par.

Last edited:
Especially the story was amazing. When it comes to the effects, there were quite a few errors, though.

Lincoln...:yawn:

Way overrated IMO. 6.8/10

Last edited:
THANK YOU.

On the topic of Oscars, can someone explain why Cloud Atlas didn't get any nominations?

I haven't seen Clous Atlas yet so I can't comment, but I do understand the movie was fairly long & convoluted in its attempt to faithfully adapt the story in the book, controversial 'asian'ifying caucasian actors in somewhat offensive 'yellowface' makeup aside.

But I do know Ben Affleck was denied the Best Director nod even though his movie was was nominated for Best Picture, the two usually go hand in hand. Oscar committee politics and the fact the awards committee doesn't think highly of Affleck.

Basically all BS politics. I find the Golden Globes nominations to be a little less biased and nonsense.

The first half of Insidious before the gf got too scared and turned it off. Was just starting to get good.

- - - Updated - - -

The first half of Insidious before the gf got too scared and turned it off. Was just starting to get good.