Last movie you saw?

The first half of Insidious before the gf got too scared and turned it off. Was just starting to get good.

Sounds like me.....:whistle:

Saw Looper and Ted over the weekend.

Looper was interesting. I usually see plot twists or events coming way before they actually do but I missed a couple in this one till just a right before they happened.

I am not even sure how to rate it. It was good but not great so a C+ I guess.

Ted was funny at least to me but then I think Seth MacFarlane and I would get along fabulously so maybe not everyone else would find it so funny. I loved the cheesy 80s Flash Gordon so all the Flash references were great. Even the music had some great little funny pop culture references.

B+ You should know what you are getting with MacFarlane so if you watch the movie then complain about too many pop references or humor that just goes to far well you can only blame yourself.

You rated TED higher than Looper? Remind me not to take movie advice from you.

Watched 'Midnight in Paris' for the 5th time. Just as good as the first time and probably my favorite Woody Allen film. A+.

You rated TED higher than Looper? Remind me not to take movie advice from you.

Saw then back to back more in the mood for a movie like Ted then Looper maybe?

Either way I wouldn't pay attention to your advice either. Its pretty obvious from watching you post are tastes are just about direct opposites.

Watched 'Midnight in Paris' for the 5th time. Just as good as the first time and probably my favorite Woody Allen film. A+.
Did you watch "Deconstructing Harry"? I am a huge Midnight in Paris film, but I like Deconstructing Harry better... would be interesting to hear your opinion...

Did you watch "Deconstructing Harry"? I am a huge Midnight in Paris film, but I like Deconstructing Harry better... would be interesting to hear your opinion...

I haven't, but I'll add it to my list. I actually still need to watch Annie Hall as well.

I actually still need to watch Annie Hall as well.
That's the kind of once-in-a-lifetime masterpiece that will spoil every other Allen movie for you cause it's so damn good. Except for Deconstructing Harry, which compensates for lack of quality with pure meanness.

That's the kind of once-in-a-lifetime masterpiece that will spoil every other Allen movie for you cause it's so damn good. Except for Deconstructing Harry, which compensates for lack of quality with pure meanness.

That is quite an endorsement. heh I think I might try to crank both of them out this week.

These are the Allen films I've seen thus far:

-Sleepers*
-Bananas*
-Manhattan
-Mighty Aphrodite*
-Vicky Christina Barcelona
-Whatever Works
-Midnight in Paris

*haven't seen in a long time, long overdue for another viewing.

semi-related side-note: I was also told to check out Julie Delpy's Before Sunrise/Sunset.

Last edited:
What are you thoughts about "everything you ever wanted to know..."?

What are you thoughts about "everything you ever wanted to know..."?
There are great parts (the sci-fi spoof date/sex) and there are truly stupid parts (the gigantic breast). As with most episodic sketch collection movies (Monty Python's "And Now for Something Completely Different" comes to mind) it is very hit-and-miss and not really a movie in the narrow sense of the word.

I just rewatched Flash Gordon. I don't know why, but I love that movie.

If you're a reader, you should consider giving the books a go. They don't take long to read and from book three onwards they include entire plot-lines that never made it into the movies.

If you're a reader, you should consider giving the books a go. They don't take long to read and from book three onwards they include entire plot-lines that never made it into the movies.

Not that much of a reader, but I am considering giving them a go.
I just don't like reading after movies, couse I imagine all the charachters as the actors.

I just don't like reading after movies, couse I imagine all the charachters as the actors.
In case of Potter, you know how the main actors look anyway because of their media presence over the last ten years.

I never got into the Harry Potter stuff, until I was downloading audiobooks to listen while I drive and work. I came across the unabridged Harry Potter audiobooks read by Stephen Fry and decided to give it a chance. Became a fan at that point. Brilliant writing and brilliant performance by Stephen Fry. I watched the movies later and was a bit disappointed, as is the case usually with books -> films. Lots of important stuff left out with everything else feeling a bit rushed for time.

I started reading them after I'd seen the first two movies and couldn't help but think of the actors too, but it still works. Some of the descriptions are different, but it doesn't matter.

In case of Potter, you know how the main actors look anyway because of their media presence over the last ten years.

Well, yeah, that too.
The 'book into film' think will almost always be a problem and the book fans are rarely totally happy with the films.
But you can't do it perfectly, some books have a lot of material and descriptions, it would take twice as many movies.

The only movie I actually have to campare to a book (like I said, not much of a reader) is Eragon, but that movie was absolute crap
even without knowing anything about the book.

As with most episodic sketch collection movies (Monty Python's "And Now for Something Completely Different" comes to mind)

Don't forget "Kentucky Fried Movie."

I will say this about "Everything...": I've never looked at a bottle of Woolite the same way