Ownership Verified: Loose loses logic and accidentally a 1999 Honda VFR 800 FI

And parked up at home in our courtyard until we get it registered.

First ride video, starts from just after I left the sellers place.

Poor sound though as I didn't set up my nice audio gear for this ride.

Last edited:
Plate from previous owner has been removed. No riding until I register it (Tuesday) but I'll be away for the rest of the weekend so no panic there :)

I don't get the love of bikes, but I do know the joy of finally getting something you've been lusting over for ages, so congratulations!
Bikes are ridiculously fun. A lot more engaging than a car. Plus the 'older' VFR's with their gear-driven cam V4's sound fucking amazing.

What tires are on that thing?

And great buy man. Can't go wrong with a VFR.

Looks like an older Metzeler Sportec?

I believe so! They have not much life left and have only done about 5500km. I'll get some sport touring tires in the coming months.

I believe so! They have not much life left and have only done about 5500km. I'll get some sport touring tires in the coming months.

I can highly commend the Michelin PR4s. I run them on the 919 and have one out front on the VFR and will be replacing the now-dead Pilot Power that's out back with one.

I can highly commend the Michelin PR4s. I run them on the 919 and have one out front on the VFR and will be replacing the now-dead Pilot Power that's out back with one.

Awesome, PR4's are on the top of my list at the moment :)

Also, registration changed, plates added, ready to ride! ... Rain D:

Why didn't you get a white nut. I see you have a blue one :)

It is a cover on the bolt, I need to get a white one, yes. On the previous numberplate the bolt was through part of the lettering hence why it has a black cap :).

Bike looks nice and clean. ;)

And tomorrow I will ride it through all of the crap and rain! :D It won't be clean for long.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I picked up two tank bags from the previous owner today - They are magnetic and his new bike has a plastic tank.

One smaller one:

And one larger one for touring and such:

Took it to work today, I am still getting used to being back on a bike, obviously, but I did manage this, legally (From video screenshot):

Battery was completely dead when I tried to start it after work. I had to get help push starting it - I have been doing very little riding until today and have started it quite a few times, but I will probably need a new battery for it anyway.

I took the bike on a short 150km ride today on the way home from work! I am still feeling a bit weird and awkward and that did get worse as I got more and more tired, but I am absolutely getting better and more comfortable as I hit some roads that I know reasonably well!

Made it to the Ringmeet campsite:

Looking good!

You're probably also due for your regulator/rectifier.

Everyone seems to rave about these as well, but not sure where you get can them in 'Schland.

Apparently this was done already by the previous owner 10tkm ago.

Met a friend, did some awesome roads and ended up at a nice place:

Did some illegal parking:

Took a nice photo:

All in all an awesome day of riding. I rode some of the same roads I did yesterday and after 300km or so of winding twisties I felt much better and more comfortable than the day before. I just love this bike! But now I will drink a beer and go lay in a hot bath because I can hardly walk... Man I forgot how painful it is when you first start riding again :D