Ownership Verified: Loose loses logic and accidentally a 1999 Honda VFR 800 FI

I need to get my eyes checked...thought I read Reinigungsbrueste :lol:

Battery installed - Bike started fine - Took it for a quick ride around the streets, I feel so at ease on it compared to the first 200km. It's great to be back on a bike again!

Congratulations on the purchase! Also, welcome to the club! The anniversary livery is quite lovely, I wish they sold them like that here.

While you're changing the battery, I would double check the wiring connections from the stator to the rectifier and from the rectifier to the bike's harness. Even though they've been replaced, I would double check to make sure the work was done properly. Those connectors tend to get melty and or burnt.

On my bike, the rectifier had been replaced, but the individual that replaced it didn't bother to use weather-sealed connectors. The terminals on the connectors then corroded and thus shorted out two of the stator coils so the bike was no longer charging... I ended up replacing the stator, rectifier, and cutting out a portion of the factory wiring harness because it was all such a mess:

q00QXtZ.jpg

Congratulations on the purchase! Also, welcome to the club! The anniversary livery is quite lovely, I wish they sold them like that here.

While you're changing the battery, I would double check the wiring connections from the stator to the rectifier and from the rectifier to the bike's harness. Even though they've been replaced, I would double check to make sure the work was done properly. Those connectors tend to get melty and or burnt.

On my bike, the rectifier had been replaced, but the individual that replaced it didn't bother to use weather-sealed connectors. The terminals on the connectors then corroded and thus shorted out two of the stator coils so the bike was no longer charging... I ended up replacing the stator, rectifier, and cutting out a portion of the factory wiring harness because it was all such a mess:

q00QXtZ.jpg

Everything seems fine! So I guess it was done properly :)

So, an update, I installed the battery and now it starts without issue and I can ride with the lights on (Horray!)

That chain needs a clean:

I did not take pictures of the finished product - But it looks excellent (imo) for a first attempt!

As far as the oil change goes, well, I couldn't get the plug out... It is in so tightly that no matter what I tried it wouldn't budge. I ran out of tools and talent and stripped the head. I decided that I needed to get this sorted properly and checked that everything is okay - So, I booked it in to get done at the shop as I need new tires anyway, they will also do a general check up o7 on the bike and make sure everything is in order. I have decided for Michelin Pilot Road 4's for the new tires as I have heard nothing but good things about them, and they should have excellent life which is something I need for a daily rider :)

I expect a nice healthy bill for this which I can't really afford at the moment, but the tires are a must anyway, and I will hopefully have a healthy bike afterwards! (Not that it's not healthy now!)

I approve of the installation beer :p
I dunno man, it's dangerously close to that grimy chain. Though who knows, maybe a little grime would add some character to it. :mrgreen:

Bike's lookin good loose_unit. That cam gear noise never gets old.

I dunno man, it's dangerously close to that grimy chain. Though who knows, maybe a little grime would add some character to it. :mrgreen:

The glass was covered in black spray :D I am pretty sure I drunk some!

Bike's lookin good loose_unit. That cam gear noise never gets old.

:) It's like the Ducati clutch - When you know what it is it doesn't sound like the bike is broken.

The glass was covered in black spray :D I am pretty sure I drunk some!
Like my smartass dad loves to say, it builds character! :D

:) It's like the Ducati clutch - When you know what it is it doesn't sound like the bike is broken.
Ha that's a good way of thinking of it. Sounds weird to the uninitiated, but awesome.

Ha that's a good way of thinking of it. Sounds weird to the uninitiated, but awesome.

On my NC24 VFR 400R the exaust was so loud I could barely hear the cam gears - This is quite different :D

So, an update!

New tires!

Lookin' nice :)

Belgium!

Spa!

Found some nice roads and during a right hand turn I hit the exaust on the ground:

Here is a video:

N?rburgring!

And then this happened:

If I find some decent pics (The one above is pretty average) then I will buy it and post it here :)

Not jealous at all... :p

Went to take a lap today, ring closed for motorbikes as we were starting our engines to go on... :(

It is not that expensive to ship a bike over to .EU for a nice tour, is it? :)

Glad to see it being used properly. You liking the PR4s?

Yep - They are awesome! Extremely happy with them!

I ordered two photos of me on the ring, one okay and one great photo :) I will post them here as soon as I have them!

Bonus: My shoelace came undone so I had to stop quickly to fix it (Still don't have real boots... Can't find any that fit.) and we managed to stop in front of a brothel -_-

loose_unit let me ride his bike yesterday. After 500 metres, I found out that I'm just to tall, and pulled over to switch to my bike again...

loose_unit let me ride his bike yesterday. After 500 metres, I found out that I'm just to tall, and pulled over to switch to my bike again...

You did look rather comical on it though -_-

And riding your bike for 500m has made me look at more upright bikes for longer tours as I think I am getting too old. :(