Nordschleife meet 2009 (29th of August)

I have a large 2-compartment tent I originally bought for festivals. It's a big dome, 2m high in the middle, and nearly 5m across, with sleeping compartments on either side of the central area. Only one of those compartments is occupied, the other is free for anyone that dares.

well if i'll be there, i'd defenetly go for the hotelroom. on the other side i wont know if i'll be able to be there until 1-3 weeks before, so chances for a room then might be really bad. well,.. slept in my old bmw 2 nights, lets try a night in a getz oO.

I'm all for camping, drinking, open fire ect. if I can make it :)

I don't mind camping, too ...

So I have to decide if I want to go around the Ring in my car -> sleeping in a tent

... or if I bring a fridge ... which is kind of attached to a bed ... inside a caravan with two more beds ... but stay of the track because I have to bring my fathers car to tow the caravan ...

decisions ... decisions ...

Greetings
Michael

I might be able to come as well. Can anyone enlighten me what happens at the ringmeet besides drinking, and how long it lasts (the ringmeet I mean, not the headache)?

Last edited:
I've posted the program for the weekend before, which Ice should've included in the main post :glare:

Code:
[B]Saturday, 29.08.09[/B]   VLN Lauf 7 (Sprintstrecke/Nordschleife)
                     17:30 - 19:30 Touristenfahrten (Nordschleife) 
                     19:30 - 21:00 Track Walk (Nordschleife)

[B]Sunday, 30.08.09[/B]     08:00 - 19:30 Touristenfahrten (Nordschleife) 

[B]Monday, 31.08.09[/B]     17:15 - 19:30 Touristenfahrten (Nordschleife) 
                     18:15 - 20:00 Touristenfahrten (Grand-Prix-Strecke)

We meet on Saturday at noon, walk around, watch the cars racing. There are 2 hours of open track, but who knows how packed will it be. At 21:00 we eat at Pistenklause and proceed to camping area (assuming we're camping).

Sunday is to drive around the track. Most people will probably leave on Sunday evening, but I plan to go to new Porsche museum, so I'll stay on the 'ring until Monday.

I checked the place, unfortunately they are all booked out. Sorry :(
Thanks for looking, but atm I hope to be sharing a tent with Adu... if not, I'll find a place to stay somewhere for sure...

I've posted the program for the weekend before, which Ice should've included in the main post :glare:

What do you need Ice for when you have me :mrgreen:

Okay, count me in for the weekend. :thumbsup:

So we agree to throw waffles at mgkdk now that she wants to replace ice? Oh and remember to lose parts of your car, too :D

^ :p

Still unsure if I can make it, I prolly wont know untill 2-3 days before :(

I'm looking forward to meeting you lot. You'll notice that I actually am not the pedantic, nitpicky arse I am in this forum. :mrgreen:

Semt-X might join us too! And maybe even teletubby-warrior!

Plz update first page with

the Interceptor
(Semt-X)
(teletubby-warrior)

If I'm bringing the caravan I'll probably arrive at the 'ring on friday in the afternoon and will leave on sunday in the afternoon ...

There is at least one free bed in the caravan ... but I probably won't decide to bring the caravan and leave the RX-8 at home untill the week before the meet.

I'll bring some wood for a campfire, too ... BYOM (bring your own marshmellows :lol: )

Greetings
Michael

^ You didn't live that far from the ring did you?
IF I can make it I could come by and pick up the caravan, but I still don't know, and wont untill thursday right before the meet, so don't get your hopes up :(