Poll: Vote on a RWD V8 saloon

Poll: Vote on a RWD V8 saloon

• Total voters
Why not a G or a 3 series? There are plenty with just fine 0-60 times...you may regret a V8 if all this talk of gas prices shooting up comes to fruition... Honestly though if you are hellbent on a V8 I would get a E39 5 series...

I know you think its too old, but come on, many consider it to be the best sport sedan of all time. Plus it is absolutely gorgeous and will never age.

But I think you would be better off with a straight six personally. As someone who owns a reasonably quick car, there are not a whole lot of instances in which that power comes in handy aside from the novelty factor. I much prefer handling prowess, in which case a lighter 6 cylinder will always reign supreme.

In conclusion, I think you should get a V12 Jag, thank you....(runs)

Love the M (especially M56, but that would be out of the price range). Would also consider Caddy/G8.

The newer M56 is way out of my league. However, the M35/45 sport from 2006ish is in my range. As is the G8 GT.

I'm guessing it can be auto or manual based on your choices, so how about a Lincoln LS? or a Lexus LS400?

Love the Lincoln LS but due to the age most used car loans won't lend on something older than 2006 at this point. Thankfully 2006 is the last year of the LS.

I will never own a Toyota product made after 1996 and it has to have 2 doors.

What about a Mercedes E500?

Truthfully I want a Merc so bad that it's killing me. Finding one without problems and not a lot of miles is hard in my price and year range.

And she would like driving around in a police car? If you're out to pleasure your fiance?, you have to get a Merc or BMW.

No, she wouldn't like the P71--but it is better than the Town Car. And trust me I WANT a Merc or 545i, just need to get over the scary mechanical costs...

Why not a G or a 3 series? There are plenty with just fine 0-60 times...you may regret a V8 if all this talk of gas prices shooting up comes to fruition... Honestly though if you are hellbent on a V8 I would get a E39 5 series...

I know you think its too old, but come on, many consider it to be the best sport sedan of all time. Plus it is absolutely gorgeous and will never age.

But I think you would be better off with a straight six personally. As someone who owns a reasonably quick car, there are not a whole lot of instances in which that power comes in handy aside from the novelty factor. I much prefer handling prowess, in which case a lighter 6 cylinder will always reign supreme.

In conclusion, I think you should get a V12 Jag, thank you....(runs)

Not concerned about gas prices, comes with owning a car. I'd be ok with a G or FX with the VQ35. The 3-series on the otherhand...don't care for the current gen and I don't like the tiny bhp output of anything less than the M3.

I know the BMW is winning but dont you dare buy one, german cars are as boring as they are practical. I voted magnum, this is probibly your last chance to buy a newish v8 station wagon, which would be awesome.

But yes, V12 jag is also an option. I had one myself, you know. Twin fuel tanks are just ridiculously interesting.

Last edited:
I know the BMW is winning but dont you dare buy one, german cars are as boring as they are practical. I voted magnum, this is probibly your last chance to buy a newish v8 station wagon, which would be awesome.

But yes, V12 jag is also an option. I had one myself, you know. Twin fuel tanks are just ridiculously interesting.

This.

I would go for pre-2003 Lincoln Town Car, but if you wanted something more modern, a first generation Infiniti G35 would fit the bill nicely.

You know you really want a Jaaaaaaaag.

I would probably go for a Pontiac G8.

'04 M45
2003.infiniti.m45.25526-300x189.jpg

Truthfully I want a Merc so bad that it's killing me. Finding one without problems and not a lot of miles is hard in my price and year range.

DIY is the only solution to saving money. I would have had to pay $250-$300 to have my rear driver's side window regulator if I took it to the dealership, but instead, I drove up to Spectre's garage and we did the work ourselves. I paid $58 for the part that would have cost $110 for the OEM one.

There's guides all over the internet, you just have to look.

Also, if you want, I'll be down to look at some cars in the Houston area for you if you're really that interested.

There are some R/T Chargers and Magnums for reasonable money and mileage. How are German sport saloons boring exactly?

'04 M45
2003.infiniti.m45.25526-300x189.jpg

DIY is the only solution to saving money. I would have had to pay $250-$300 to have my rear driver's side window regulator if I took it to the dealership, but instead, I drove up to Spectre's garage and we did the work ourselves. I paid $58 for the part that would have cost $110 for the OEM one.

There's guides all over the internet, you just have to look.

Also, if you want, I'll be down to look at some cars in the Houston area for you if you're really that interested.

I'd be a little nervous to take apart a modern Merc to fix...

My purchase timeframe is July or August later this year. That gives me time to pay my Focus down enough to break even. :) I am doing the research and decision making now so I can get an idea what to look for.

I second the G35. It may have a V6, but it's going to be a hell of a lot faster than anything based on the Panther platform...

What are you fellow Infiniti fans thoughts on the FX? That literally meets 99% of our family needs. Plus it's ever so beautiful. If I get lucky I could snag an FX45 and meet 100% of the needs.

The G is sweet, the M is awesome but the FX is sex. :D

I want one once I get to the point in life where I need one.

You know what I just realized? I'm an idiot. Some V6's aren't worthless lumps. I think I may have found my next car. 0-60 in the low 6's for such a large vehicle is quite good. I want the V8, but finding one with the mileage and year I need is next to impossible. I'm seeing some '06-07 E350's with less than 60k miles going for $22k.

'06-07 E350
18458906772.291193167.IM1.MAIN.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

By contrast the 535 BMW is slower and has less power with it's 6cyl hitting 60 mph in the high 6's. Granted it will handle better but I prefer the interior and exterior of the Merc.

'06-07 530i
Kg_800.jpg

Having said all of this...can I still get a V8? :lol:

You know what I just realized? I'm an idiot. Some V6's aren't worthless lumps. I think I may have found my next car. 0-60 in the low 6's for such a large vehicle is quite good. I want the V8, but finding one with the mileage and year I need is next to impossible. I'm seeing some '06-07 E350's with less than 60k miles going for $22k.

'06-07 E350
18458906772.291193167.IM1.MAIN.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

By contrast the 535 BMW is slower and has less power with it's 6cyl hitting 60 mph in the high 6's. Granted it will handle better but I prefer the interior and exterior of the Merc.

'06-07 530i
Kg_800.jpg

Having said all of this...can I still get a V8? :lol:

Also, the '06 E320CDIs are fabulous, even faster than the E320s and more fuel efficient.

What are you fellow Infiniti fans thoughts on the FX? That literally meets 99% of our family needs. Plus it's ever so beautiful. If I get lucky I could snag an FX45 and meet 100% of the needs.

The G is sweet, the M is awesome but the FX is sex. :D

I have a bit of experience just riding in an FX, and it isn't boring or slow by any means. It is a true sport crossover if such a thing exists. If thats what your family needs, I say go for it. It will surely be very reliable and have all the oomph you could want. Interiors on the Infinitis are a bit below the German rivals though, but it certainly isnt barren.

That said, in the spirit of completely fitting all your listed requirements (maybe price is a bit high)

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=u&car_id=293893748&dealer_id=64223511&car_year=2005&doors=&systime=&model=545I&search_lang=en&start_year=1981&keywordsrep=&keywordsfyc=&highlightFirstMakeModel=&search_type=both&distance=25&min_price=&drive=&rdm=1298009651458&marketZipError=false&advanced=&fuel=&keywords_display=&sownerid=56666255&lastBeginningStartYear=1981&end_year=2012&showZipError=y&make2=&certified=&engine=&page_location=findacar::ispsearchform&body_code=0&transmission=&default_sort=newsortbyprice_DESC&max_mileage=&address=76226&color=&sort_type=priceDESC&max_price=&awsp=false&make=BMW&seller_type=b&num_records=25&cardist=21&standard=false

(Cars.com isn't working:/)