Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

Has there ever been a car called the Lion?

It's the only big cat that hasn't been a car.

seat-leon-cupra-k1-02.jpg

I'm not sure about other languages/translations, but heres what Wikipedia has on Lion:

In vehicles:
Lion or South Devon Railway Eagle class, a South Devon Railway 4-4-0ST steam locomotive
LMR 57 Lion, an early British steam locomotive
Stourbridge Lion, an early steam locomotive
Lion or British Rail D0260, a prototype diesel locomotive
MS Lion or MS European Mariner, a ferry
Lion of Babylon tank, an Iraqi-built main battle tank

"Leon" (shown above) is a direct translation of lion in Spanish.

^I know. This is what is making me so incredibly angry with him, and with my parents who are saying 'Oh, It's okay we'll front up for what's left after you trade yours in.' Fuck 'em all!

I really really wish I could get a full time job (not possible with the amount of contact hours I have with my course) and earn enough money to move out on my own without having to rely on government assistance which would make me feel like an idiot with a false sense of independence (not that anyone I know who does this are lazy idiots mind), it's just how I feel about it. I don't even have a part-time job anymore, because when the economic crisis hit the company I was working for got rid of all the employees who were on the least hours, and thanks to having to work my hours around my classes and work placements I was one of the ones who got to boot. This is what happens when the only skill set you have is to work in retail, and I don't have that much work experience in it at that. So, when I do apply for any new retail positons, more experienced people are always chosen over me, and this has been the pattern since I lost my job back in June. My brother is in a similar position, the only work he's been able to get is as a casual cleaner while he does his music stuff on the side and gets paid peanuts for both.

Jesus, I'm really in a ranting mood of late!

Well, one solution would be to advance your motorcycle education and get one of those. :D

Also, tell him that an American says that his sister is more of a man than he is if he can't drive a manual. If he doesn't learn a manual within two weeks, he is to cut off his testicles as obviously defective or unneeded appendages.

Well, one solution would be to advance your motorcycle education and get one of those. :D

Also, tell him that an American says that his sister is more of a man than he is if he can't drive a manual. If he doesn't learn a manual within two weeks, he is to cut off his testicles as obviously defective or unneeded appendages.

ALl you need to do is show him this thread.

http://forums.finalgear.com/general-automotive/top-ten-reasons-real-men-drive-manuals-39328/

Then if he doesn't get the hint, kick him square in the nuts he should be reminded he has.:blink::p

It's beginning to look like I may have to trade in my little runabout for a big lumbering full-size station wagon so that my brother can have a car to cart his stuff around in.

Wait, if it's your car how can they make you trade it in for him? You're over 18 and it's in your name right?

I've decided that, one day, I will own what has always been one of my dream cars:

url

Even after all these years, I still hanker after one badly.

Its just such a pure sports-car.

Does anyone here have any experience in refurbishing wheels? Im going to buy these original 3dr Cosworth wheels, and I was wondering if they are "salvageable", and can you just use jb weld, or something similiar to fill in the curb rash, sand, and then paint? They are quite rare, so I want them looking atleast somewhat smart when I put them under the car :)

http://img86.imageshack.**/img86/8482/vanteet2001.jpg
http://img79.imageshack.**/img79/8922/vanteet2002.jpg
http://img14.imageshack.**/img14/3684/vanteet2003.jpg
http://img522.imageshack.**/img522/2167/vanteet2004.jpg

I think, perhaps, driving season may be over.

Screw that, get some studs under it and go have some fun!

Screw that, get some studs under it and go have some fun!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the body would care much for that. I have a feeling that's coming pretty quick up here too.

And on another tangent, my truck was appraised for a whopping ten grand. More than I thought, but less than I have into it, lol.

Soft suspension, too much weight and imprecise steering. Besides, a 740 is infinitely cooler :cool:

That can be said about the 740 too :p
But nothing is more fun than a 740tic on the snow :mrgreen:

UGH! I'm not driving a Chevy Silverado again

Good Points: it's luxurious, the V8 has a ton of power and pulls effortlessly away from lights
Bad points: IT'S MASSIVE

Last edited:
That can be said about the 740 too :p
But nothing is more fun than a 740tic on the snow :mrgreen:

I have to say the steering in the 850 is very precise in my opinion. I've driven a few BMW's and VW's (Passat) and they weren't any better. The Passat was actually worse - very nose heavy car with the V6 engine.

The engine in the 850 is canted backwards, so it's not so front heavy. The only thing I don't like about the handling is the ride height. The suspension is stiff enough, but the whole car is just too tall, so there is a fair bit of bodyroll.
I should think about some lowering springs at the front, but I can't really afford them now at $250 for the set...

OK, we got 6 inches of snow. I do not understand how people think they can drive when they take an arm and swipe away the snow directly in front of the steering wheel. I'm completely serious when I say this, they only clean off less than half the windshield, leaving the entire rest of the car covered in snow and drive around. These people need their licenses removed.