Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

And theres always the drill option for the bike...

"Why was the insured trampled? Was he riding an elephant at the time."
"No, a rhinoceros."

Obviously rhinoceroses are safe to ride, unlike an elephant.

Does it specific which elephant? Indian elephants are vastly easier to ride than African or Syrian.

The last especially so as they are extinct.

One of my old policies had a strict prohibition on elephant riding. I really want to know where that came from.

Some insurer was reading about Catherine the Great, and decided not to take chances?

Some insurer was reading about Catherine the Great, and decided not to take chances?

Or Hannibal. Though in that case a better policy would be to drop coverage for anyone who enlisted in a Carthaginian army.

[YOUTUBE]DDm6sqrw4h0[/YOUTUBE]

GTRWHAT :p

1356949-3.jpg

Damn, that shit be off the chain Dawg!

Am I nuts for thinking that if I get promoted to being salaried at work, I should get a license and then figure out if I can afford a new WRX or even a WRX STi? I long for one so badly... :(

You are 25 and don't have a license. The license could also help you get promoted.

I hit a deer today. I came around a bend, and there it was, standing in the left lane. I slammed on the brakes, and it steps into my lane. Not ran. Not jumped. Stepped. Nothing I could do to stop in time, hit the little fella doing about 20. She (no antlers... so it was a she?) fell off my hood by the side of the road, tried to stand up and couldn't. I put on the hazards, and went out to see what was what. Bent the hood, smashed the grille. Looked at the deer. She was still trying to stand up, but could barely use two of her legs. She managed to drag herself across the road, and into some bushes. Ended up calling the cops, an officer came and put her down. 2 shots. He told me to drive safe. Gee. Thanks.

I am by no means an ecomentalist, I love a good steak, but still... it sucks to know that my first car accident, the first damage I've ever done to any car, even, ended up killing something. Couldn't I just have hit a lamp post? :cry:

Looks like Ice found a buddy.

Shame about the car and deer though. That really does suck about the deer :(. Glad you're ok though.

So I saw an EPIC Buick Roadmaster today. The fake wood vinyl had been removed, the silly chrome and rubber trim cladding removed all around, and it was done up in a metallic black and chrome scheme. I now know why it's called the Roadmaster - that thing had road presence like nothing else I've ever encountered. It made me feel like I was invading its space.

The best part is that it had sacks of fertilizer stacked up in the back - so the guy was USING IT.

For those unfamiliar, I'm talking about this:
1996.buick.roadmaster.1350-396x249.jpg

... Except in black, with no fake wood and the trim band that runs around the entire car pulled off. It even still had the stock wheel covers and whitewalls.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Hmmm. Something like this then?

https://pic.armedcats.net/c/cr/crazyrussian540/2009/12/10/1996_Buick_Roadmaster_3.jpg

Edit: just remembered where I've seen that exact picture.

http://jalopnik.com/5071242/the-ten-scariest+looking-cars-of-all-time)
http://forums.finalgear.com/general-automotive/finalgears-most-evil-looking-cars-31379/

8.) Buick Roadmaster Station Wagon
http://img523.imageshack.**/img523/9925/tenscaryroadmasterfp2.jpg

In a decade defined by optimism, there was something deeply pessimistic about the nineties-era Buick Roadmaster. Built on the same b-body platform as a number of other GM wagons, the Roadmaster has an angry stature amplified by the long, mean nose and partially-covered rear wheels. Powered by a version of the 5.7-liter LT1 V8 used in the Corvette, a black Roadmaster wagon has the power to chase down lost souls and the room to store them. Paging the Grim Reaper. [Photo: StationWagon.com]

Talk about a random/useless memory <_<

Last edited:
Audi Ur-S4 , yay or nay? What's your opinion on themz??

I need a daily driver soon and I want something reliable, am I doing it wrong?

see : here don't mind the french

I hit a deer today. I came around a bend, and there it was, standing in the left lane. I slammed on the brakes, and it steps into my lane. Not ran. Not jumped. Stepped. Nothing I could do to stop in time, hit the little fella doing about 20. She (no antlers... so it was a she?) fell off my hood by the side of the road, tried to stand up and couldn't. I put on the hazards, and went out to see what was what. Bent the hood, smashed the grille. Looked at the deer. She was still trying to stand up, but could barely use two of her legs. She managed to drag herself across the road, and into some bushes. Ended up calling the cops, an officer came and put her down. 2 shots. He told me to drive safe. Gee. Thanks.

I am by no means an ecomentalist, I love a good steak, but still... it sucks to know that my first car accident, the first damage I've ever done to any car, even, ended up killing something. Couldn't I just have hit a lamp post? :cry:

In some states you can take it home or to a game processor and get some nice meat from it.

Still, that sucks. The biggest thing I ever hit was a dog that got on the freeway. I felt terrible.

Yes. But Viper lives in a place where you really can ride the bike most of the year.

Remember, I consider my cars secondary transport. :D

so that's why you have 7 of them :lol:

so that's why you have 7 of them :lol:

Yup. :D

I put more miles on my motorcycles than I do on all my cars combined in an average year. :D

I do still appreciate cars, though, and Jaguars in particular. Which is why they're here.