Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

My Toyota in it's most natural pose.

10z7ngy.jpg

Heh. It's a repaint and he's got the wrong year badges on it, but if you want to front the money I can pick it up for you. :p

However, don't be surprised if you have to sink quite a bit of money into it at this point. :p

Last edited:
Don't you think I've already been through those :p

I contacted a guy that I almost bought a car from last summer, it was a ragged Petrolblau 300CD with W208 wheels (my perfect car) and asked if I could "apprentice" or something with him so I could at least get some wrench time and learn a bit. Hopefully I might even get to have some storage and tools, maybe eventually a car. But, I dream still.

I wouldn't - the US counterpart had a more powerful engine and it was deathly slow.

Volvo, chances are the bike disintegrates and _HighVoltage_ will go "Did i got him?"

Killing a pedestrian with the door gives me 200 bonus points. /carma2.exe

Change of topic...Having moved to a bigger city (100,000...wooow :/), I have started to get back to my old habits of driving like an ass. For example, the shoulder lane is clearly designed so that you can get around stopped vehicles who are waiting to turn left.

Change of topic...Having moved to a bigger city (100,000...wooow :/), I have started to get back to my old habits of driving like an ass. For example, the shoulder lane is clearly designed so that you can get around stopped vehicles who are waiting to turn left.

... It is. Seriously. That's the rules in MD - if you have room, you're SUPPOSED to go around. On higher speed roads, they'll even line out the shoulder for you.

I've seen people get pulled over for doing it here. But I am always careful when I do it. Plus, it helps that all the cop cars in WV are easily recognizable - we only have the standard Chargers, Crown Vics, and Impalas.

There is a BX for sale for 360 euro. "Not ruined by mileage, but shows marks from use by men and a dog. Bought by father-in-law, could do without."

I hate you Finns with your cheapass cars...sure it'll be crap, but cheap crap is better than no crap at all

Also, a mate of mine is new car shopping, and can't decide between an Audi A4 or a Merc C class.
I'm trying to steer him away from the Merc since the build quality of current C classes is horrid, but it's still his favourite car of the 2. He also prefers the Merc's ride as it's softer (wtf, he's only 32 and prefers a softer ride to a sportier one in the Audi)

Thoughts?