Random Thoughts....

Getting up nice and early to go to my advacned driving course today. Hope the weather holds out.

More proof (as if it was needed) that B&H is the coolest store ever. You want a $120 000 camera lens? No problem. While you're picking that up you might as well grab a bigass TV to showoff photos from your bigass lens. If that's not your style, maybe you'd be interested in an awesome telescope.

But, no, screw that stuff. What you really need are thermal vision goggles. Or if you're not a fan of thermal, get some plain old night vision goggles

But, at the end of the day I think I'll just settle for a new ipod and a 10 000 pack of DVDs to burn all my music onto.

Americans, explain me something. I understand the whole concept of giving thanks for what you have, and being together with family. I'll even go as far as saying I can understand the whole turkey thing.

But why is everyone forced to eat until your pants explodes? I'd rather eat a normal amount of very good food than a large amount of questionable food.
I actually really, really hate Thanksgiving for precisely this reason. The focus has become the food, not the act of giving thanks. And I'm not even a fan of the food. I hate turkey, don't like ham, loathe stuffing, and most of the sides that people tend to stick with it tend to look more like some kind of alien ooze than actual food. So, most casseroles are out, too. And just because I'm picky, people look at me like I'm a freaking terrorist. That's not the case--I just hate the taste of it. Most traditional Thanksgiving food is that special kind of bland that can't be fixed with Tabasco sauce.

Screw the pilgrims--I'd rather have lasagna.

Plus one for the only thanksgiving food hater (and therefor NORMAL person) I've ever met in my entire life! I always eat first. That stuff is nasty.

Eh, I don't hate the stuff, but it's nothing special. Then again I am an extremely boring and picky eater. It's more about tradition... nothing logical about it. Plus it's an excuse to gather family like any holiday. And there are a lot of us!

We always have the traditional turkey and ham here on Christmas day. It doesn't make sense to me. Why have the oven on all day in the middle of summer?

And it's the only time in the whole year that anybody eats turkey or ham. If it were actually nice food we would eat it more often. I hate turkey. It's so dry and... bland and heavy. I really don't like it at all. Ham isn't much better. It's too rich and filling and I don't particularly like the taste. A little bit of ham is OK but I can't make a meal out of it.

Ham isn't much better. It's too rich and filling and I don't particularly like the taste. A little bit of ham is OK but I can't make a meal out of it.

I don't even know who you are anymore.:D

If your turkey is dry and bland and heavy then it's being cooked very poorly.

We're having the traditional Christmas lunch early this year, because my aunt decided that christmas eve was a good time to fly out to Hawaii with the family (nearly half the people who attend Christmas lunch). Then again, we will be in Thailand over Easter and miss traditional brunch... Which reminds me, I need to take time off from work for traditional Christmas lunch the Sunday before Christmas with my dad's side of the family. There are too many traditions to remember :(

Fried bacon from a hot skillet is one thing but a big ol' glazed ham isn't my bag at all.

Last year, my sisters cat, fatty, somehow busted the fridge door open in the middle of the night and he ate their leftover ham. Like, 80% of a leg of ham. He literally ate all that was left. She found him lying on the kitchen floor, struggling to breath and unable to move. He drank all his water and all subsequent water for days because of all the saltiness of the meat. He's fine now. He loved it.

Her other cat, what's-his-name, ate the decorative flower arrangement from the center of the dining table and then puked it all up.

If your turkey is dry and bland and heavy then it's being cooked very poorly.
It gets cooked by my mother so yeah, it is getting cooked poorly. She cooks it once a year and doesn't give a shit about cooking so it's not surprising that she can't cook it very well.

I still don't like it, though. It's not fatty and tasty like duck and it's not succulent like chicken. Turkey is a crappy bird for eating.

Last edited:
I still don't like it, though. It's not fatty and tasty like duck and it's not succulent like chicken. Turkey is a crappy bird for eating.

Succulent chicken? :lol: Sounds to me like you just need some properly cooked Turkey.

IF tomorrow's SNL Digital Short is as good as last week's i'm sold on the entire show. Well, more sold

We always have the traditional turkey and ham here on Christmas day. It doesn't make sense to me. Why have the oven on all day in the middle of summer?

And it's the only time in the whole year that anybody eats turkey or ham. If it were actually nice food we would eat it more often. I hate turkey. It's so dry and... bland and heavy. I really don't like it at all. Ham isn't much better. It's too rich and filling and I don't particularly like the taste. A little bit of ham is OK but I can't make a meal out of it.

Home cooked turkey is almost universally disgusting. I've only had one in my life that was any good. My friend's dad owns a small, independent grocery and one spring he really randomly hooked us up. He took a turkey and injected it with Cajun seasonings and brined it for I swear 3 days. He gave us a bunch of peanut oil and we fried that sucker. HOLY HELL was it good. Fried turkeys cook in under 30 minutes so they're way more juicy. If you don't eat the skin, they're not even any more fattening because the oil doesn't even have time to soak in. I have this great picture of me carving that turkey. Probably the happiest picture I have of myself since childhood.

As for ham? Don't make me vomit.

Last year, my sisters cat, fatty, somehow busted the fridge door open in the middle of the night and he ate their leftover ham. Like, 80% of a leg of ham. He literally ate all that was left. She found him lying on the kitchen floor, struggling to breath and unable to move. He drank all his water and all subsequent water for days because of all the saltiness of the meat. He's fine now. He loved it.

Her other cat, what's-his-name, ate the decorative flower arrangement from the center of the dining table and then puked it all up.

:lol:

We obviously don't do all that thanksgiving here, but we sometimes get turkey for christmas, yummy if cooked correct, usually is :drool:

Home cooked turkey is almost universally disgusting. I've only had one in my life that was any good. My friend's dad owns a small, independent grocery and one spring he really randomly hooked us up. He took a turkey and injected it with Cajun seasonings and brined it for I swear 3 days. He gave us a bunch of peanut oil and we fried that sucker. HOLY HELL was it good. Fried turkeys cook in under 30 minutes so they're way more juicy. If you don't eat the skin, they're not even any more fattening because the oil doesn't even have time to soak in. I have this great picture of me carving that turkey. Probably the happiest picture I have of myself since childhood.

As for ham? Don't make me vomit.

We smoke our turkeys and they turn our wonderful! I have never tried to fry a turkey, too many horror stories.:D

DeepFryingTurkey_H.jpg

Bah. You're doing it wrong! You clearly need a turkey derrik!

[YOUTUBE]i9mq29BaLLk[/YOUTUBE]

All hail Alton Brown. Praised be good eats.

Rest of episode:
[YOUTUBE]E270Qx5OpxU[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]OLNLYL24qUA[/YOUTUBE]