Random Thoughts....

ey guys, I've got a 98 1.8T. I've had a k04 and chip for a while and wanted to get more performance. I was recommended to port and polish the intake and exhaust. We found out they used abrasive material to do it like gritty sand. So I got with my friend that tunes Hondas and we decided to try it ourselves. We got a bag of sandblasting sand and hooked up into the intake and started the car. We had to hold the gas so it would run. He wanted to let the engine suck in the sand through the intake so it would port it out and then push it out the ehxaust so it would port the exhaust manifold.
I was worried that it might cause problems but he figured it'd be OK as long as we didn't make boost and it get sucked in the turbo. After running the car and letting it suck in sand we got about half way through a 25 lb bag. The check engine light was on and the engine was bucking and kicking and sounding really weird. We stopped and hooked the car back up normal and took off the sand supply. We tried to start it again and it was really hard. Once started it couldn't idle and kept making weird noises. We took it out and drove it and it started to make scraping and knocking noises.
Help! Can anyone tell me what to do! My buddy only does Hondas so he doesn't know much about Audis.

Considering the majority of people that mod Hondas, we can safely assume that's where the problem lies.

Why the hell are you consoling her? She's the one that apparently cheated on her boyfriend...

Cos she's 18, has done something silly in an alcohol fueled state, something that most of us who go out and have a good time and get drunk at that age have probably done at some stage, and she's realised what she's done and is a upset.

So why the hell are you criticising me for sympathising with someone?

Are you really that shallow? Or were you deprived of your teenage years?

i know i deserve what i'm getting, but after months of being mistreated and ignored, i'm kinda sick of it. i suppose you can view this as seeking attention but from here, it's just a lot of pain and not thinking on my behalf. sorry.

I really can't comment, since I've never been in such a predicament, but I hope you can manage to patch this up...

Cos she's 18, has done something silly in an alcohol fueled state, something that most of us who go out and have a good time and get drunk at that age have probably done at some stage, and she's realised what she's done and is a upset.

So why the hell are you criticising me for sympathising with someone?

Are you really that shallow? Or were you deprived of your teenage years?
She never said she was drunk and even if she was, it still doesn't excuse the fact. How does me not sympathizing with someone who cheats on their significant other make me shallow?

i know i deserve what i'm getting, but after months of being mistreated and ignored, i'm kinda sick of it. i suppose you can view this as seeking attention but from here, it's just a lot of pain and not thinking on my behalf. sorry.
Tell your boyfriend how you feel instead of posting it on an internet forum. ;)

She never said she was drunk and even if she was, it still doesn't excuse the fact. How does me not sympathizing with someone who cheats on their significant other make me shallow?

Well its pretty obvious if she was at a party and did something she regrets now.

Obviously you have never gotten drunk and done something you regret that may affect your relationship, I have so I know what she must be feeling at the moment.

But if you look back at other threads/posts, you'll see that her bf hasnt been taking much notice of her lately, so thats why I can sympathize with her aswell.

I hate David Caruso:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5s_W3msE1k[/youtube]

I hate David Caruso and CSI Miami, I especially hate the way he makes bizaar and illogical conclusions or states something really bloody obvious (eg they find a fish hook and he says "i guess he's caught his last fish" or something retarded like that)

i know i deserve what i'm getting, but after months of being mistreated and ignored, i'm kinda sick of it.

Not much of an excuse really. You guys appear to have issues and you need to talk to him. Tell him exactly what you think, exactly what motivated your actions, etc.

I also don't have a lot of sympathy for people who cheat, I'm afraid.

Not much of an excuse really. You guys appear to have issues and you need to talk to him. Tell him exactly what you think, exactly what motivated your actions, etc.

I also don't have a lot of sympathy for people who cheat, I'm afraid.

indeed. You fucked up.

Well its pretty obvious if she was at a party and did something she regrets now.

Obviously you have never gotten drunk and done something you regret that may affect your relationship, I have so I know what she must be feeling at the moment.

But if you look back at other threads/posts, you'll see that her bf hasnt been taking much notice of her lately, so thats why I can sympathize with her aswell.

exactly, which is why its ok to drink and do whatever the fuck you want cuz the blood isn't on your hands anymore. bullshit, you made the mistake, you deal with it no amount of sympathy is justified here

Last edited:
You guys appear to have issues and you need to talk to him. Tell him exactly what you think, exactly what motivated your actions, etc.

So very true - from my own very recent personal experience, a lack of communication only leads to pain further down the road.

Ambermorn - you need to talk with your man, and tell him what happened. As hard as it will be, it's best it comes from you rather than him finding out third hand. While I don't condone cheating, there are reasons behind it - and he needs to be made aware of those reasons (believe me, it's best for you both in the long run, whether that's with each other, or making your own way).

When the hell did this thread turn into Laguna Beach?

I've got no sympathy for people who fuck up/fuck others while they're drunk, and end up using the alcohol as a be-all, end-all excuse. Have some restraint, hold your shit better, and most importantly don't allow other people fucking scumbags to take advantage of you so you REALLY end up doing something you'll regret. Seeing this every Thursday-Sunday at Syracuse really pisses me off after a while.

And like they've said in the last few posts, telling a bunch of random strangers 10,000 miles away is going to accomplish fuck all. It's good to vent occasionally, but if your relationship is headed for the icebergs, then talk to HIM and YOUR FRIENDS about it, because what the hell can we do about it?

All I can say is good luck (I do mean it btw, believe me), and keep us posted.

(Had a dull weekend surrounded by irritating drunk strangers, so please excuse my bitter cynicism. Oh wait, I'm always like that. Normal service will resume shortly. We apologize for the inconvenience)

Jeez, you guys are harsh!!

Life is harsh, get used to it.

Jeez, you guys are harsh!!

Agreed - I don't see that she's being a drama queen, I think she's posted in the hope of finding some support (and I don't mean condoning what's happened) and advice. Hell, I posted this a few weeks back for similar reasons (and to those who replied - thanks for the kind words - much appreciated).